Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Chit Chat :: Polls :: Thread

Where did you Shansters come from?

Poll: Where did you Shansters come from? (comment on which state)
Total Votes: 89
Australia
America
UK
Canada
Scotland
New Zealand
Africa
Italy
France
Other (comment)
Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1443

Joined 2011-01-24

PM

It’s way too hot in Florida. Plus with all the annoying tourists….. XP

Signature

“If such a thing called happiness exists in this world, it should be something which resembles the limitless nothingness. Nihility is having nothing, and having nothing to lose. If that isn’t happiness, then what is?”

- Ulquiorra Schiffer, Bleach

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2011-03-08

PM

County Louth, Ireland ^-^

Signature

“The chemistry between liars like you and me ignites like gasoline…”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-01-24

PM

Ugh, so many of you live in Ireland!!!!! I’m so jealous!!! >=(

Signature

“If such a thing called happiness exists in this world, it should be something which resembles the limitless nothingness. Nihility is having nothing, and having nothing to lose. If that isn’t happiness, then what is?”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3241

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Italy, unluckily Milan ( even though I AM from Naples)

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2011-03-08

PM

Jealous of us because we live in Ireland? You shouldn’t be. The weather is often quite dull, and the shopping here is rubbish. xD

Signature

“The chemistry between liars like you and me ignites like gasoline…”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 612

Joined 2010-05-06

PM

New York, America.

Signature

There is only one god, and his name is Death. And there is only thing we say to Death: Not today.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-01-24

PM

EvilAngel - 21 June 2011 01:52 PM

Jealous of us because we live in Ireland? You shouldn’t be. The weather is often quite dull, and the shopping here is rubbish. xD

Hey, doesn’t matter because a) I LOVE rainy weather and b) I have trouble finding clothes in the US anyway

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 14597

Joined 2011-01-24

PM

Is it really that bad in Ireland ?

Signature

If you worry about tomorrow then how will you enjoy today?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2011-06-22

PM

I’m from Bangkok, Thailand. Darren Shan’s books aren’t very popular here. But all the few people are absolute fans! I knew one of my friends online because we liked The Saga of Darren Shan. He actually went crazy on the books, talking/convincing/manipulating (LOL) his friends into reading the saga. It’s been 5 years now, and he doesn’t seem to get any less crazy!

Last month I got a chance to read Lord Loss, then became obsessively addicted to the whole series. We only have the first 3 books translated in Thai so far. Oh well, I CAN’T WAIT!! The later weeks had been spent on the entire Demonata series in original English version. (Thanks god my English is decent enough not to make me want to jump off the cliff by attempting to read or speak!!)

Signature

The humor of Grubbs Grady, the soul of Kernel Fleck, and the heart of Bec McConn.

The Big Bang Theory, The Walking Dead, Game Of Thrones, How I Met Your Mother, The Demonata, Saw, Final Destination, Scream, Paranormal Activity, Taylor Swift, eBay, Facebook—My life orbits around you all

Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2011-07-04

PM

America - Wisconsin
The land of endless cheese and milk.

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2011-07-06

PM

Bundaberg,Australia

I was at harvey bay in a bookstore just browsing for a weekend holiday when I saw a decent looking horror book.I picked it up and the front cover said:Demon Theif.I bought it and that was my first Darren Shan book.about 14 books later I found this website.

That’s pretty much it.

Signature

“In the beginning Grubbs created the heavens and earth,and everything was dark.Then Grubbs said,“Let there be light!”
And there was light.
Coolio! :lol:

Rank

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2011-07-14

PM

Dublin-Ireland

Signature

Live Laugh Love Larten Crepsley!

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 18676

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

I’m from coventry, england but i moved to tamworth (near Birmingham) bout 4 years ago.
i dont know how popular the books are here but everone i know has heard of them. probably because every class reads the first one in year 7. shame they dont read the whole series, they’re missing out on a great saga. :L

Signature

It’s the Demons in my head that Comfort me at night.

Maybe we’re all mad here.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2015-09-20

PM

I’m from America, and I live in Lewiston, Maine.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2015-09-20

PM

My father’s ancestors came from Scotland, and my mother’s ancestors came from England. My brothers have been to England, but I haven’t been there.