Lost Souls rpg

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3241

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Our story takes place in the vast land of Sesia, an empire divided in five large regions left under the careful administration of the five most powerful Kings of the Empire all of whom answer to the Emperor, the most powerful man in Sesia. It is a time where the poor and the weak live in small villages while the rich and powerful lead their lives in enormous castles in what seems to be a time of relative peace.
However, five years ago, a series of villages was mysteriously destroyed, what is left of these once peaceful places is only ruins which have been leading to the theory that they were destroyed in raids. However, those who survived claim that they saw nobody attacking. What is even more mysterious is that some have claimed to hear horses galloping and cries, agonising, unearthly cries.
This is however only a superstition and because these villages were so small compared to the great towns of Sesia the powerful have dismissed all of that as ‘‘unfortunate incidents’’ or ‘‘isolated cases’‘.
You however have survived. You know what you’ve seen…or better heard. You know that the rumours aren’t merely superstitions but are the truth. You were lucky to escape with your life but since that day something changed… you have been wounded by something, the scar is still there, black in color to prove it. Ever since then you have begun to see things, things you can’t talk about to everyone else, or you’d be locked inside a gaol. Demons. Creatures of nightmares. All of them, they exist but nobody else seems to notice even if they are walking right next to one.
You have also discovered you now possess a power, a single power which has helped you survive this long one way or another but you also know you must be discreet about it.
For now, the events of life have brought you to the town of Brynild in the region of Korsa. You wish you could forget what happened in your life, but… what if it were to happen again?

Background info:
1) The time setting is during medieval times
2) The regions are: Korsa, Djura, Fyon, Valkimer and Hallafor (I might draw a map of the world if my drawing skills will allow me to do so)

Rules
1) You’re allowed one power and only one, the applications of it are up to you as long as it remains within the realm of that power.
2) You can create as many characters as you want
3) Be influential to the plot. I do have a general outline of where the thing is going to end up to but plot twists and additions are more than welcome AS LONG as it doesn’t degenerate to ‘‘Maincharacteritis’‘. There is nobody more important or less important. There can be parts of the story where a character is more influential but not to the point of becoming the main character.
4) Try to flesh out your character/s personality and psychology as well as you can. I’d like the characters to stay ‘‘human’’ in a sense, not uber badasses or perfect reincarnations of Jesus Christ.
5) Obviously no God Moding. Everyone hates it. I’ll have Sesia collapse on itself if I see it.

Character sheets are done as usual (name age gender bio power weapons if needed and such)

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Name: Manigoldo
Appearance: http://s28.postimg.org/gbfgs8f3x/317e7gw.jpg
Weapons: none
Powers: Soul Manipulation
Bio: Manigoldo was only thirteen when his village, Gisa was destroyed. His whole family died along with everyone else in his village, leaving him as the only survivor. At some point during the attack, something invisible made a deep cut on his right arm, causing him to collapse senseless. Ever since then the wound healed even though it assumed a sickly black color and Manigoldo started to see things. Within the ruins of his village he discovered that, floating in thin air, were small blue flames. At first he didn’t understand what they were but, after years of living by himself in the ruins, surrounded by nothing but death and destruction, he started to hear their voices, the screaming voices of the souls forever trapped between this world and the other world, the voices of all his friends, his family. Eventually Manigoldo got closer and closer to insanity believing that all that life lead to was death. For years those who were unlucky enough to walk in the ruins of Gisa disappeared, killed by the boy until, an old man discovered him and convinced him to come with him to Brynild. There however Manigoldo’s broken psyche was terrified of all the people it saw in the city, so the boy killed the old man and ran away.
Years later tales of a hooded killer began to spread around town…

Name: Benetnasch
Appearance: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YyNz-ljpc84/hqdefault.jpg
Weapons: Lyre
Power: His music allows him to make people sleep, create illusions (given by its hypnothical effect) and even kill.
Bio: Benetnasch was the second oldest child of a numerous family. His father was a well known merchant in town and was able to give his family a higher than average quality of life. Ever since he was a child, Benetnasch was fascinated by music, such was his passion that his father bought him a lyre which Benetnasch would play each day, delighting his family. The joy would not last long, his village Mira was destroyed the same night the boy was supposed to play for the whole village. Benetnasch survived with a black gash on his waist and discovered that if he truly willed it he could kill just by playing his now forsaken lyre. The tunes he plays are sad but beautiful. Do not be mistaken however. It is fatal music, a Requiem.

Name: Albafica
Appearance: http://img03.deviantart.net/3868/i/2012/225/7/0/pisces_albafica_by_annedelirium-d5azafa.jpg
Weapons: Roses, his own blood
Powers: Control of demonic poison roses
Bio: Albafica had always been an orphan and as a child, he was taken by a rich merchant to be sold as a slave to a ‘‘pleasure house’’ because of his beauty. However not many could afford the price the merchant was selling him for, after all he was one of the most beautiful boys of Sesia. One day during an auction the village he and his merchant were in was destroyed all of a sudden, and Albafica used the occasion to run. It was however on a field of roses that he felt a terrible pain in his left eye and fell unconscious. When he woke up he could only open one eye and his blood had bathed the flowers where he had fallen on. When he reached a safe zone, he noticed roses were inside his coat, red, black and white.
With time he learnt that the roses weren’t normal, there was something demonic in their beauty and in what they could do. The red roses could kill a person if he or she were unlucky enough to touch them or smell their scent. Said person would then die feeling nothing but a sensation of pleasure. The black roses were imbued with a venom so powerful they could pierce through steel. The white roses would attach themselves to a person’s heart and suck all their blood turning red. Finally, living with these roses for so many years turned Albafica’s blood poisonous. Only a few drops of his blood and certain death is assured.
His travels eventually brought him to Brynild

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Name: Petra
Appearance: http://www.magic4walls.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/fantasy-brunette-painting-girl-ghost-background.jpg
Power: Illusions
Weapons: Her power, whatever she can find
Bio: Petra lived with her three brothers and her father in their inn - her mother was drowned for theft when Petra was ten. Keeping mostly to herself, Petra focused on managing the inn while her brothers headed for the mill and her father drank himself to Oblivion every day. The tavern was always open; their village was a frequent stopping point for caravans and travelers so there was almost constantly one or two drunken brawls in the streets. This is why when she heard the screams, she thought nothing of it. A burning in her chest… She’d dropped to the floor, eyes wide a second before they rolled back in her head and unconsciousness took her over.
Petra awoke in the kitchen where she had fallen… What happened? Standing slowly and squeezing shut her eyes against the dizziness, Petra instinctively reached for the protective token around her neck. Her fingers grazed against a raised circle just in the hollow of her throat. Fear. Mirror. A scar… a black scar that was never there before. How long had she been unconscious? What happened? Where was everybody?
Petra made her way outside. She couldn’t believe her eyes; the street was lined with corpses, all eyes open, all unwounded, no blood, no flies, no crows. Only corpses, mouths open in silent screams, glassy eyes staring. Her father was slumped in the doorway of the tavern, not yet cold.
Tears in her eyes, she fled. She took nothing with her, nothing to remind her of the deaths of everybody she had ever known.
It was two days later that she arrived at the gates of Brynild, eyes wide and unseeing. For she had seen enough ghosts, enough spirits and smirking demons lining the roads, enough for a lifetime. Illusions, she concluded after spending the raining night in a back alley. Illusions. And it wasn’t long until she learned to project these illusions, which were becoming much friendlier, into the outside world for others to see.
Witch, people called her as they tossed her coins.
Enchantress, young boys whispered as she got older and her clothes richer.
Sorceress, the authorities spat when her illusions murdered for the first time.
But never was she arrested; her illusions were far too realistic for that.
Petra never forgot that she was an inn-keeper’s daughter. She never forgot her roots, but that never stopped her from taking the money she earned performing in the streets and eventually in the houses of the rich, and rising herself in the world. Money didn’t make her happy. But it made her seem secure.

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

(Sounds like a perfect char for Game of Thrones. Good job disciple)

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1113

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

(I’ll join, I’ll post up my character when I have the time)

Signature

\“We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood… Our eyes are yet to open… Fear the old blood!\” Bloodborne

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

(No worries, we wont be starting without you)

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8167

Joined 2012-09-02

PM

(I’ll join as well Dante if you don’t mind, just give me a bit of time to get my sheet done (: )

Signature

“A tomato may be a fruit, but it is a singular fruit. A savory fruit. A fruit that has ambitions far beyond the ambitions of other fruits.” ― E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

(Of course I dont mind, the more the merrier, we wont start till you guys post no worries)

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-09-02

PM

Name: Ariana
Appearance: http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/neltu33/anime/anime5-7.jpg
Weapon: None
Power: Animated Shadow
Bio: Ariana was the youngest of two, but she only knew her mother and brother as her father died when she was four. But then one day, she heard the screams and cried of her family and village members and so she ran outside seeing people drop to the floor and pools of blood form around her and then she heard a loud thud behind her and her eyes widened as she saw the corpse of her brother, her eyes widened at the sight as she tried to run but she felt a sharp pain in her leg, falling to the ground. A town member saw this and picked her up, running out the village with her, dark red blood dripping from his breastplate where something has sliced through it. Once she thought they were safe the man fell forward, splutting up blood before taking his last breath. Ariana collapsed the whole world around her going black.
When she awoke, she looked around her for a minute, with a small whimper seeing the bodies piled up, organs and blood thrown around her and that was when she noticed the dark black scar running up her leg and then she heard the screams and cried of her people and all she could do was scream until something dark and black came and embraced her with cold arms, whispering sweet nothings in her ear. Turning, she saw the dark creature was her shadow that responded to her screams, she knew something wasn’t right.
As she moved around in the last few months the shadow stayed dormant, but when she was under attack it would come out and so she had a reputation of being evil, but the people who were nice during her time in their villages liked her although she didn’t stay long, she was trying to find other people like her, but after while she just stopped trying and just kept wandering a lonesome path, although when she met someone on the path she would try to help them in anyway she could.

(Dante if you want me to change anything, just let me know but is this alright?)

Signature

“A tomato may be a fruit, but it is a singular fruit. A savory fruit. A fruit that has ambitions far beyond the ambitions of other fruits.” ― E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

(Its really good like that, I like the the concept of the animated shadow its original)

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

(K girls I dont think Shay’s gonna be joining us lets start)

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-09-02

PM

(Okay, do you wanna start Dante?)

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

(Yup, if Shay wants to join he can later)

A crowd had just gathered in the middle of the street. It was a sunny warm morning, the sky was clear and the air smelled of freshly baked bread, sewage, raw meat and sweat.
Something unusual had been going on in the market square something which occured very rarely and those who were lucky enough to be passing there simply could not help but look and then, without warning, they’d add themselves to the crowd.
In the middle of it stood a boy with long red hair, wearing battered travelling clothes. With his right hand, he was plucking the strings of a small lyre the same color of his hair. The people in town were accustomed to beggars playing instruments but rarely had they ever listened to such a melody, a melody so sweet and sad some had to hold their tears. A general wonder spread amongst many: what could have happened in that young boy’s life to make him play such music?

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-09-02

PM

The sun was shining down beautifully on the day, her long dark hair still as can be, while she walked around this unknown town. Her dress was slightly pulled up by her hands to try and stop it getting any more dirty that the end of the dress was but she also stayed silent as she was scared if she said something, then people would hate her like some people did but she knew people were really nice as well.
She walked around to see the crowd and blinked, wondering what was going on but as she was small, she push her way through the crowd saying a meek “Excuse me,” on the way through although she could see people were too captivated by the music that she could hear to care what she was doing.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Petra had been up since before dawn preparing for her show that morning. For the day, she’d been hired by the Bluestars, a fairly well-known family of the city. It was the daughter’s sixteenth birthday, and they wanted something flashy, something that would make a statement to the guests. This party of theirs would be Petra’s biggest performance and she was uncharacteristically nervous; she could only project what was on her mind, and the previous night had been a haunting one. She hadn’t been able to concentrate on anything else since she’d woken. She hoped the girl had a sick sense of humour.
The daunting and haunting music drifting up through her window wasn’t helping in bringing rainbows to mind either; from almost the first morning she had began renting these rooms, there had been the same boy with his lyre. For the first few days she’d listened with something close to awe; it was an undeniably beautiful sound. But after a while, after a whole day of listening, it became difficult to concentrate. Now this morning especially Petra wanted to wring that boy’s neck.

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

The melody was reaching its end, the boy knew it. It wasn’t without a certain suspense that the red haired boy finally plucked the final arpeggio. Only after that did the boy bow.
For several moments the market was silent.
Suddenly a man stepped forward and threw a golden coin to the boy’s feet
Soon nearly everyone followed the man’s example and within a few minutes there were roughly fifty golden coins just beneath the musician’s feet.
As he was picking up the coins something fell in front of his nose; a red rose.
The boy looked up, only to find a figure wearing a white cloak, hood pulled upwards so that it hid the figure’s face,towering before him.
“Your music was beautiful” spoke the figure with a soft voice. “Beautiful and sad. Just like a solitary rose.”
With that the figure walked away while the boy picked the red rose up, studying it.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper