The Magisterium

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Havorn had noticed Kain’s display, but said nothing. One by one, he called the names of various kids in the group - some were able to summon the flame, others not, though there were a few who struggled putting it out. Juno was one such.
All in all, it took roughly an hour, and then they were led from the class and a little way down the hall before they arrived at the stairway they had descended before the trials - the stairway that would take them above ground and to their parents. Havorn led them up at an easy pace, and soon they burst out into the main hangar once more. By the light, it was easy to tell it was getting late in the afternoon. The other three Masters - Morian, Julius and Diana - directed them back to their seats.

“Parents, guardians… your children have done well,” Havorn smiled once everybody was seated and hushed. “Yet only twelve will be chosen - three by each Master. You remember being chosen as children too, some of you. Hopefully your accomplishments and achievements are hereditary. The choosing of apprentices will begin with my choice, and proceed through Master Diana, Master Julius and finally Master Morian.”

Juno kept her eyes focused on Havorn, not sparing a glance at her parents. She wanted to be picked; she couldn’t go back to that dusty old room after seeing all this. There wasn’t a chance she would be able to.

“I have decided my apprentices,” Havorn proceeded. “Noctis Blackstone. Juno Hayes. Kain Lock. All three, please rise and stand at my side.”

Juno risked a glance to find Kain, her eyes wide and heart pounding, before deciding to lead the way. She took up her position to the left of Havorn. She wasn’t going home.

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1113

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain’s eyes widened with glee, he grinned at his parents then took his position beside Juno and Havorn, he didn’t think he would be picked by Havorn but didn’t complain at all, he was ecstatic for the first time ever in his life but didn’t show it.

Signature

\“We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood… Our eyes are yet to open… Fear the old blood!\” Bloodborne

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3241

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Noctis walked by his new “Master’s” side. He looked at his mother who was beaming and smiling. Although she had lied to him and everything else, he couldn’t help but feel a small smile forming on his lips.
Maybe things weren’t going to be so bad, after all, be had just discovered he descended, at least from his mother’s side, from…a witch? What about his father? Could it be?

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

The other Masters made their picks, and in the end there was twelve of the group standing in front of the audience.
Havorn nodded to the three other Masters once all had chosen, and they nodded back before he readdressed the crowd. “It has been an honour to test all of you, but alas some must return home. Those chosen to travel to the Magisterium, please follow your Master to the bus. Do not wander off.”
He then led the way out of the hangar, Juno following with a weary glance at her parents. She didn’t try step out to say goodbye though.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain followed Juno and started to walk by her side, he sighed and didn’t even look back at his parents who were probably incredibly happy that he was leaving, to be honest, he was too. Kain’s arm twitched slightly, his right arm, it was just small at first but small enough to notice, he frowned, then all of a sudden an incredibly sharp pain shot through his right arm he gasped loudly and fell to one knee clutching his right arm with his left, he looked at his arm, it was fluctuating. He clenched his teeth and noticed the arm was becoming black and slowly more muscular, a few minutes later, his arm was completely black, the muscles and tendons were shown on the outside of the skin and were all a black colour, a red glow could be seen coming from the inside and all of a sudden, a sharp, shiny blade the length of his arm had formed on the whole length of his arm.

Signature

\“We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood… Our eyes are yet to open… Fear the old blood!\” Bloodborne

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Juno turned halfway when Kain stopped, but her eyes widened when she saw what was going on. “Holy mother of f*** Kain are you… what,” she whispered, not sure what to do. Finally, once it appeared he was done transforming, she knelt next to him, a hand on his back. “Kain… Are you… Are you okay? What the hell was that?”
Havorn watched with interest, his fingers curled and ready to eliminate the boy if he came at him.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain examined his arm, then looked up at Juno, “I… I genuinely don’t know… It’s never happened before…” Jain was breathing heavily, however there was no pain in his arm anymore, he wanted it to be normal again, but didn’t know how to do it

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Noctis followed and witnessed the scene. As he watched he was uncertain on what to do, to be honest he was quite scared. Luckily Master Havorn was there so he wasn’t really forced to do anything. However after the boy’s transformation (Kain was it, he thought) had ended, he simply asked out of good manners, towering above the boy,with his hands in his pockets
“Are you feeling alright?”

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Juno helped up her new friend and glanced at the apparent golden boy - Noctis. “Well shit, Kain. I know you’re excited but…” She chuckled.

Havorn shushed the muttering crowd and took a few steps closer. He was intrigued; he’d never seen anything like this before. Never heard of it, not even when studying the old magics. “Are you ready to continue, Lock?”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain nodded to Noctis, smiled and Juno then replied to Havorn, “Yes, I’m ready,” he replied, he didn’t want to move his arm just in case he hurt anyone, so instead focused on trying to make it normal again, he frowned and just at he thought of it, his arm mutated back to normal. He has no idea what happened, maybe it was ancient magic or something in his genes…

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Juno shook her head, rolling her eyes. “You’re weirder than me, Kain Lock,” she complimented before following Havorn from the room. She had a feeling it was going to be a long, long way to the Magisterium.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain followed along beside Juno, wondering now what everyone thought of him, he hoped this wouldn’t make him unwanted, although he doubted people who knew magic would treat him as an outcast he still has that fear that they would deep down inside of himself, he also saw that Havorn wouldn’t hesitate if anything he couldn’t control happened.
Kain was worried, but managed to keep a smile on his face

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Noctis followed Master Havorn.
He had no idea what kind of magic Kain had in him, it certainly wasnt related to the elements. That said he himself had also displayed magic which wasn’t associated with the elements. That made him wonder whether or not there were other kinds of magic Master Havorn hadn’t told them about, perhaps, forbidden magic. Was it possible?

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

The bus looked like a regular, rectangular yellow school bus, and it waited for the young apprentices with the engine running. The driver, a big woman overflowing the seat, nodded to each one as they boarded the vehicle. The Masters took the seats closest to the front, and Juno decided on a seat just a few rows back. She patted the seat next to her for Kain, casting a weary look in Noctis’ direction. Juno had a strong intuition, and from the second she had laid eyes on the dark-haired boy it had been screaming at her to keep as far from him as possible. Though her natural curiosity took over and she invited him to sit in the next seat over too.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain had no intention of sitting anywhere else, he planted his butt in the seat next to Juno’s and again looked down at his right arm, still worried about what situations that it would get him into, he shook his head and looked out of the window past Juno. “You know, I was very concerned when I first arrived here, but now I just think this may be the place for me,” he said to Juno

Signature