Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3241

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

A mental test.
Noctis saw where this was getting at, he thought it probably had something to do with telekinesis or something like that.
Could he really move it?
Of course things had happened when he was angry, once all the lockers in a corridor burst open because of him but could he do it again? For starters he wasn’t angry and second he still had doubts about everything.
However Noctis tried as hard as he could to move the ball with his own mind. Nothing. Also he couldn’t touch the ball, otherwise he’d get shocked.
What was he supposed to do?

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

“Once you have given up, move to the back of the room please,” Morian announced. “You have five minutes before your final trial with Master Havorn begins.”

Juno bit her lip and moved to the back of the class, still wondering how she could move the ball withiut touching it. Teleknesis didn’t seem to work.

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1113

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain sighed and followed Juno to th back of the room, he wasn’t bothered that he couldn’t complete this test because telekenisis wasn’t really what he would want to do with magic. He looked sideways at Juno, “Well this is the most interesting day I’ve had for a long time,” he whispered to her.

Signature

\“We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood… Our eyes are yet to open… Fear the old blood!\” Bloodborne

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Noctis looked at the ball carefully and noticed something, although it seemed too strange she wasn’t feeling any pain…
‘‘Excuse me’’ said Noctis. ‘‘Could you please lift your finger?’’ he wanted to add, its already hard enough as it is but refrained from doing so.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

“I’ve a feeling this is only the start,” Juno whispered back. “We’ve still one more test.”

Morian eyed him. “Yes, Noctis was it? You’ve a question?”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

‘‘Well yes…could you please lift your finger from the ball?’’ asked Noctis a bit shyly.
‘‘Otherwise I feel like its going to be even more impossible than it already is’’ he added.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

“Yeah,” Kain whispered, then watched the scene in front of him, the boy called Noctis seemed to have figured something out, otherwise he wouldn’t have asked “Excuse me,” in the first place

Signature

\“We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood… Our eyes are yet to open… Fear the old blood!\” Bloodborne

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Morian smiled coyly and lifted her hand… the ball rolled off the table. “Well done,” she nodded. “If everybody’s ready for the final trial, you can follow me to meet Master Havorn.”

Juno shook her head and looked at Kain. “It was so obvious,” she whispered disbelievingly. “I feel a little cheated actually.”

It wasn’t a very long walk to get to the fourth and final trial. Havorn was waiting for them all outside the class, practically glowing. No… He WAS glowing.
“Morian,” he nodded. “Everyone inside,” he then addressed the student group. “Noctis, you especially.”
Once everybody had crowded in the centre of the room - there was no place to sit - Havorn walked round them to the front of the class and looked them over.
“You have not yet been told what the final task is, neither its kind nor what it will likely entail. First, before you can understand, you will need some base knowledge of magic.” He paused to gauge their reactions. “Magic is quite simply the manipulation of the four basic elements: Earth, air, fire and water. Some are born with a small measure of control over these elements, children such as yourselves, while others quite simply cannot be taught. Those born able to use magic, even unwillingly, can and have been extremely dangerous to others. In some cases, a small child has summoned great power for petty reasons such as not getting a suggested ice cream after school. Don’t laugh,” he added when a few snickers went round. “It was no laughing matter; people were killed. This is why as many potential magicians must be trained as possible. However, not all potential magicians can be trained, or even need to be trained; some are not powerful, in touch with the elements enough, to pose any threat other than a light breeze. Your final trial here now will determine your power, and will give an indication of whether it is worth the time taken to train you. Each of you will attempt to will a small flame to ignite in the palm of your hand. One at a time, I will call you forward and you will do this. Once you have completed the trial, you will leave the room and stand in the hall.”
Havorn held up his palm and stared at it for only a second before a tongue of flame flickered to life from his skin. “It is quite simple. Noctis. Give it a try.”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain frowned, this was slightly unfair, they weren’t even given a clue as to how they would be able to do it, he looked down at his palms, he noticed nothing extraordinary, however looking closer and concentrating harder, he could see the tips of his fingers giving off very slight sparkles, but how could he control fire? He glanced at Juno, his green eyes lit up

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Noctis was slightly taken aback. Why were they suddenly so interested in him? There were tons of other students so…also how did they know his name? He decided there’d be time for that later.
‘‘Ok sir’’ said Noctis.
He stared at his palm and closed his eyes. There was no point in denying it, everytime he had exploded the image of a volcano erupting always appeared in Noctis’ mind. If only he could remember the feeling,if only he could will himself to get angry…
Why was it, that his mother had lied to him, her own son? Why didn’t she tell him from the very start he was something special? Why had she lied on his father’s death?
It wasn’t fair, it was infuriating how could a parent lie?!
Soon a flame flickered in Noctis’ palm, it grew, until it became similar to the flame of a lighter.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

“Well done,” Havorn said appraisingly. “You have done this before… Now extinguish it.”

Juno crooked an eyebrow and looked over at Kain. “If we’re all supposed to have magic in us, it can’t be that hard, right?” she whispered.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain nodded as he looked up from his hands, he turned to look at Juno, “Well if you take a quick, hard look at your hands, you will notice something…” Kain whispered to Juno

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

She frowned but did as he suggested, bringing her hands from her pockets and twirling her fingers. “Huh, wouldja look at that,” she smiled. Sure enough, pinkish orange sparks danced just beneath the surface of her skin - if she looked very closely.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

“Cool isn’t it?” Kain whispered as he held out his hand in front of him and looked at it, he pictured a flame being born clearly in his mind and sure enough, a small flame really slowly ignited in his palm, he smiled, looked up at Havorn then extinguished the flame by closing his fist, he glanced at Juno, “It’s easy,” he whispered

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

‘‘Hmmm I guess putting my hand under a tap is out of the question huh…’’ said Noctis.
Ok. He had to calm down.
Noctis took a deep breath and relaxed, letting the negative emotions disappear from his head.
Soon, the flame flickered and eventually, died.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper