The Magisterium

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Juno looked around a little timidly when she realised nobody was going to volunteer. She put up her hand, biting her lip uncertainly. “I’ll go.”
Master Julius inclined his head and stepped back from the rope, giving her room.
Juno took a few steps forward, judging the rope from all angles before stepping back again. She took a running start at it and ended up being able to grip with her knees as well as her hands. Though she didn’t make it very far, a few scooches up before she lost grip and slid painfully down to the ground.
“Who’s next?” Julius asked, eyeing the crowd of mostly-unathletic kids.

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3241

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Noctis looked at the rope carefully. It was way too simple, he refused to think that after a similar written test, the physical one was going to be so easy.
The girl who tried to climb fell, it could have been the fact she wasn’t good at climbing but in his gut he felt there was something more.
He’d go fourth he decided. The three people before him were going to give him a clear picture of what he was actually dealing with.

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1113

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain decided he would go sixth, so that he could see how a few other people do before he goes himself, of course, he really wanted to show his climbing ability, but also wanted to calm himself before going. He saw that Juno went first and noticed climbing wasn’t her greatest area, he nodded his head and cracked his knuckles while waiting.

Signature

\“We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood… Our eyes are yet to open… Fear the old blood!\” Bloodborne

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

(Can we please just climb the rope and move on XD)
Three people went one after the other, two making it halfway and the third missing the rope entirely. All three skulked to the back of the gathering.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain sighed and shook his head, screw it, he will go next, he stepped up to the rope and looked at it, he then crouched and leapt up, grabbing high with his hands and his legs bent, he pushed up with his legs, giving him more height then moved his arms upwards and pulled himself further up, he was close to the top now and just had to push one last time with his legs, he did so, touched the roof and lowered himself to a decent height before dropping and landing on one knee, he then stood and wandered back to the crowd, standing next to Juno

Signature

\“We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood… Our eyes are yet to open… Fear the old blood!\” Bloodborne

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Noctis had a clear picture of it now. It didn’t seem to be something special so he decided he’d go next.
He studied the rope from all angles and then grabbed it firmly with his hands and began climbing.
His hands began to get sweaty once he got halfway, he just managed one final push before he let go.
He was quite happy with his result, he made it just above halfway.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

It didn’t take long for the rest of them to have a go; some succeeded, others failed. MasterJulius didn’t seem particularly concerned. He also didn’t seem to be inclined to lead them to the next trial. “Down the hall, fourth door on the left.”

Juno looked at Kain skeptically and shrugged. “Guess we take the fourth door on the left then. Well done on the rope, by the way.” She smiled and decided to lead the way to the next trial.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

“It’s really nothing special,” Kain said with a slight smile on his face, fourth door on the left, what could be next? There was the test, a physical trial and… What else? He wondered as they walked down the hall. “I genuinely have no clue what all of this is, my parents didn’t explain anything to me,” he sighed

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Noctis followed those who succeeded.
Time for the mental test, he thought to himself. What was that going to be about, would it be as easy as the rope had been or would it be more along the lines of the written test?
Only one way to find out.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Just before Juno opened the door, she paused and looked at Kain with a small frown. “It’s all about the Magisterium, Kain.”
The door swung open to reveal the third trial: the mental test with Master Morian.

Morian herself was barely more than a skeleton; her dark skin was pulled tight over her bones, cheeks sunken and eyes wide. Her hair was a vast mass of black curls, and a slightly unhinged smile crooked her lips. “I was wondering if anybody would drag themselves from the physical to the psychological,” she chuckled, gesturing everybody in.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain glanced at Juno and frowned, he had heard the word before but had literally no idea what it meant, he then looked ahead. Juno was a very kind person, the very first person to be kind to him at least, he would stick with her as everyone else seemed to be ignoring him. He stopped thinking and payed attention to Morian, he was hoping a psychological test wouldn’t happen, but if it wasn’t about mental health, he would be fine.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

“It’s a simple test I’ve planned, only to see what your imagination is capable of,” Morian tittered, taking a golf ball from her pocket amd placing it on the table, a finger to hold it steady. “All you have to do, my little ones, is move the ball.” She smiled wickedly now. “You may not touch it. Of course, nothing stops you from touching it so why not? Though I am compelled to warn you, all tests so far have involved magic in some way. And magic follows rules, anybody who doesn’t will get a nasty shock.”
Juno looked at Kain sideways to see his reaction. “You’re totally going first on this one,” she whispered.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

What Juno didn’t know was that Kain was already trying, he was keeping his eye on the golf ball and picturing it moving off of the finger, no matter how clearly he pictured the scenario, the ball wouldn’t move, he sighed and stopped trying, then also looked sideways at Juno, “No luck” he whispered

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Juno pursed her lips and focussed on the ball, wondering if there was another way to do this. She took a step forward and looked up at Morian for a second, trying not to be perturbed by the look in the woman’s eyes, before bending down and placing a finger on the ball. An intense heat spread from the tip of her finger, up through her very bones to accumilate at her wrist - Juno jerked her hand away and scowled, biting her lip against the pain, which was already fading. So that’s what would happen if she touched the ball.

(Shall we wait for Dante?)

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

(Yeah of course)

Kain was concerned, if anyone touched that ball it would be extremely painful, thankfully, Juno only touched to with the tip of her finger so it wouldn’t be as bad as it would be if you clenched a fist around the ball.

Signature