Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3241

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

‘‘Alright’’ said Noctis.

He made his way back to the common room, feeling the white book in his hands. Iosif’s words had made him even more curious, he needed something to counterweight the true nature of his power. He understood that Iosif had lied to him, well maybe not completely but to some extent. Chaos Magic might not have been evil but it was definetely pending on that side of the spectrum otherwise why would he need something to ‘‘keep himself on that side of the limbo’‘? Also Iosif said something interesting, the other Masters didn’t fully trust him, was that going to mean that they weren’t going to trust him either? He was used to not being trusted, back in the other world, the one where he was simply Noctis Blackstone a sixteen year old student he had plenty of friends but he always felt as if he were an outsider in the end. He never truly grew close to one of his friends somehow they had always shut him out, because of what happened when he got angry he suspected. In truth he was the freak. Noctis smirked to himself even here nothing had really changed, he was still Noctis Blackstone a sixteen year old freak student. How ironical. The only thing which he wanted to understand was whether or not he could trust Iosif, Noctis wondered, why did he want to keep him in this part of this ‘‘limbo’‘? What was laying there on the other side? If it was part of his power shouldn’t he rise to claim it? Wasn’t it his right?
Such was his thinking he didn’t notice he arrived at the common room and just as he arrived he reached a conclusion. He’d follow Iosif’s adivce for now and try to make some friends, after all they might have known more about magic than him and as he was now, the more knowledge the better. Eventually that would help him make a decision on how to behave with his power.

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Orison Brand stared at the gems on his Golden wristband, all those gems signifying his accomplishments and achievements within the Magisterium. All those gems, and they weren’t even in the discipline he was supposedly born for. Chaos magic… chaos magic, evil magic of the void. The magic that fathered necromancy. And he had it. Inside. In his soul, he had this magic. Always the star, now Orison felt as if he was paying the price for his brilliance. Slowly standing, he ignored the weary glances from his friends and stormed from the dining hall. He needed to think, on his own, in his dorm. Taking a right, he soon arrived outside Master Julius’ sector, and stalked through the common room to his private bedroom before collapsing on the bed. If he could call his brother… he would know what to do.

Constantine glared down at the wood, gripping the table so hard that his knuckles turned white. Three new chaos mages. Three. All to be trained by Iosif. That bastard child, the boy who ran from him so long ago. The boy who took the power he gave him, and ran to the Magisterium. Rage glowed inside him, and he slammed his fist to the wood, sending cracks arching through its swirls. His eyes flickered to the mirror, his cold reflection staring back at him. The iron mask, grey flesh beneath, the crimson eyes of a practised chaos mage. Juliet leaned against the wall behind him, eyes wide with fear but otherwise seemingly composed.
“Send a signal to the air elementals of the Magisterium,” the Enemy breathed, his hot breath fogging the mirror and blurring his reflection. “Instruct them to put me in contact with my son.”

Iosif’s fingers flew over the keyboard, revising the notes he had made so long ago. The air stirred and he frowned, putting a hand on the one loose sheet of paper on his desk, keeping it from blowing away. Wind, this far down? An air elemental, it had to be… but a dispersed one, he guessed, as he couldn’t see any form.

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Noctis entered the common room. He could either do two of the following things, begin reading or start to find some friends.
That morning the whole place had been called to witness him being a Chaos Mage so things were going to largely play out depending on what the individuals thought about Chaos Magic…suddenly he remembered about the girl who had offered him a seat beside her and that guy with the weird arm…that seemed like a good starting place for his own little plan. He walked to his dorm and grabbed his bag and opened it, only a pencil an eraser and a notebook were inside, he made space for his new white book, placed it inside carefully, closed the bag and strapped it to his back.
He exited the dorm and headed for the dining room, perhaps they were still there, otherwise he’d just wait in the dorm.
He entered the dining room.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1113

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain frowned, the atmosphere in the hall extremely unnerving, he turned to Juno and leaned over slightly, “Juno, I’m getting a bad feeling about being in here, it’s very… Unnerving… Can’t you feel it?” Kain whispered as a boy slammed his fist down onto a table, this made him flinch, he looked up at Juno, his eyes clearly showed worry.

Marth sat on the end of his bed, the white book in his palms, “Fools,” he muttered under his breath as he threw the book violently at the wall and stood, “How dare they think I need to learn,” he growled, raising his arm and pointing it at he book, intent on destroying it. Then he sighed, “No… Play along Marth… Play along,” he muttered, then picked up the book again and grudgingly went through the pages

Signature

\“We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood… Our eyes are yet to open… Fear the old blood!\” Bloodborne

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Juno frowned, surprised Kain had picked up on it too. The air seemed tense, though everybody was whispering and chuckling among themselves. She nodded, eyes scanning the hall. “Something’s happening… Something big.”

Orison slowly raised his head, eyes closed. With all his training, he could tell exactly what was going on. Somebody inside the Magisterium was summoning air elementals - all of them. For what though? Taking a breath, he once again heaved himself up and strode out the room, following the flow of air. The hallways were empty; everybody was in the dining hall.
It wasn’t long before the air currents brought him to the Library. He frowned. Why the Library? What was down there? Orison’s eyes widened.
Iosif.
He broke into a sprint, following the stacks to the very back of the room and ducking down the tunnel to the larger reading holes until he skidded to a halt outside the only door in the hallway: Iosif (CM).
The air whistled as it flew through the keyhole into the room.

Iosif stared in terror as the air took form. Within mere seconds a swirling mass of wings and talons hovered in front of him, right over his desk. It was translucent, the clearness broken only by the dust curling in the elemental’s torrents. He shielded his eyes, scrabbling back from the creature, knowing he couldn’t disperse this without the help of an elemental mage… but he was on his own.
The wind died down slowly, and an image came into focus.
The iron-masked face of Constantine Madden: The Enemy.
“Son,” he cooed. “How you have grown.”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

‘‘What the-’’ whispered Noctis falling on his knees as he just entered the dining room. He felt something, an extremely strange sensation as if he wasn’t meant to be where he was, it felt like a mix between dread, excitement and dizzyness. The boy’s vision clouded, everything grew darker, he was fighting not to collapse. What was going on? Could it be possible he was shortcircuting? But why?
Noctis willed himself on his feet again and placed his hand to the wall for support. He wished it would stop or else people were going to think he was even stranger than what he already was and his schemes would be thrown out of the window.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain breathed calmly, but inside he wasn’t calm at all, he was ready to defend himself if need be, only using his arm because he didn’t know how to use his magic yet, his arm blade seemed very simple to use and hopefully he could find out something new

Signature

\“We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood… Our eyes are yet to open… Fear the old blood!\” Bloodborne

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Juno put her hand on Kain’s arm, a scowl darkening her delicate features. “Uh uh… There’s nothing here. But Noctis feels it.” She nodded in the direction of the door, where their former-roommate and fellow apprentice struggled to keep himself upright. “But it’s not from him.”

Havorn had been aware of the stirring of the air, the slight suction as it had left the room. But he had stayed put, as had the other Masters. Now though, he felt a presence in the Magisterium that he had not felt in a very long time. The Enemy was here. In some form.
“Morian,” he murmured. “Watch over the students.”
He and the two other Masters rose and strode from the hall as fast as they could without running, their fingers already curled to spark a flame - though they all knew that if Constantine Madden were really in the Magisterium, none of their magic would be able to stop him from slaughtering every single mage in these caves.
“Please remain seated,” Morian said calmly, her voice rippling magnified through the hall as a few apprentices tried to stand. They quickly reseated themselves.
Making their way through the tunnels, the other Masters alert for any sound, Julius’ hand raised as he probed the air, they soon found themselves through the Library and… Was that Orison Brand?

Orison whipped around as the Masters surrounded him. “I didn’t do anything, I swear!”
“What’s happening?” demanded Havorn. “Tell us. Now.”
He took a shuddering breath. “An air elemental… Inside.”

Iosif stared disbelievingly at the form of the Enemy. He was not truly there; the air elemental was only projecting the image of Constantine. But he was intimidating all the same.
“Madden,” he breathed. “What… what…”
The Enemy seemed to smile, though it was impossible to tell; the iron mask concealed his pale face from view. “What do I want?” he asked mockingly. “I want your new apprentices dead. And I want you to do it. Having my own son pitched against me, that is offense enough. But then having him train three new chaos mages? It seems to me, my dearest boy, that you’re building a little army to destroy your own father.”
“Why?” Iosif demanded. “Why would I break the Treaty by murdering three of the Magisterium’s greatest assets?”
The Enemy chuckled. “You all have already broken the Treaty by taking them on yourself.”
“That doesn’t go against anything,” Iosif argued. “Nowhere does it say that I can’t have apprentices of my own.”
“IT SAYS SO IN THE BLOOD I LAID ON THE VERY PAGES OF WHICH YOU BORE TO THE COUNCIL THAT DAY!”
He shrank back, eyes wide. “Blood magic,” he breathed. “No…”
“Oh indeed,” Madden purred, suddenly composed once more. “You have broken the Treaty. This calls for war. Remind your precious council who it was exactly that made the first move of aggression, and if you survive this… perhaps I will teach you once more.”
Iosif swallowed as his mind raced with the hidden implications of his three apprentices. Who would have thought Noctis, Marth and Orison would cause so much trouble this early? “What must I do?” he croaked.
But the image of his father, of Constantine Madden, of the Enemy of Death, was gone with the wind.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

The sensation still felt as oppressing as ever. Noctis was tired of feeling that way and he was beginning to grow frustrated. He didn’t know what was wrong with him nor why he was feeling like that but he was having enough.
Deep inside his chest he felt something, like a brief but powerful surge of energy spreading throughout his body and then, the sensation vanished.
Nothing happened in front of everyone else, all that happened happened inside him but was everything real or was he the only one to have felt like that? Nobody else seemed to have felt as weak as he did…
Weak.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Kain sighed, he had calmed down when Juno placed a hand on his arm, he looked at Juno and nodded in thanks, even if she didn’t know what he was thanking her for

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

“It’s… gone.” Juno let out a frustrated sigh, eyes still on Noctis. Her hand suddenly shot into the air, putting on a mask of innocence. “Master Morian?”
Morian looked at Juno, remembering the girl from the entry test; she’d been the only one to get zapped by the ball. “Juno.”
Juno bit her lip softly, eyes falsely wide. People trusted innocents. “What was that?”
“I don’t know,” Morian replied after a few tensely silent seconds.

Havorn placed his hand on the door and it clicked open, allowing him access to Iosif’s makeshift office. “What. Happened,” he demanded.
Iosif swallowed and turned glassy eyes to Havorn, face drained and tight. “Constantine.”

Orison frowned. Constantine Madden, obviously. Also known as the Enemy of Death, Constantine was the first Mage of Chaos - and so far the most powerful. He had started off like any other mage at the Magisterium, but showed potential in a far more greater scope than the earthly elements. With his brother’s help, according to the story, he could reach into the void - the timeless and infinite place souls retreat to once their bodies have died - and after mere months of practice he could take a piece of the void and place it into a living being. The void, and the accompanying chaos, would devour the soul and make the being a mindless and savage thing. The resulting creature was called a chaos-ridden. Constantine became obsessed with the concept of immortality, and found ways to transfer the soul from one body to another in order to live on forever - for the soul is eternal. However, during this expedition into the void, Constantine had to travel deep to discover this new information. So deep, that his brother was lost and his soul was eaten away. Constantine’s brother died, he himself barely escaping back to reality. With his counterweight, his anchor to reality gone, he could no longer safely travel through the void. Yet now he had a new goal: Find his brother’s soul and transfer it into a body.
Once the Magisterium found what had happened, what chaos magic really was, Constantine had to fight his way out or die at the hands of his own Master.
And so he fled.
He was only in his second year.
Over the years his rage grew and he created armies of chaos-ridden. Only by luck did the elemental mages survive - only by using the one thing that the chaos-ridden would obey: A chaos mage. Iosif. Trained by the Enemy of Death himself, by Constantine Madden himself.
Orison was in his first year at the Magisterium when the war ended.
And now, with Constantine back, it seemed he would be in his last year when the war began.

Signature