Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Chit Chat :: General Chit Chat :: Thread

Emails from Darren

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2015-08-16

PM

Has anyone here gotten emails from Darren? I have, and he actually answered a few of them! For those who have actually met the man, what was your experience like?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3371

Joined 2012-06-08

PM

I emailed him once quite a few years ago, but he never answered. Since then, I’ve written to him about four times and he’s replied to each one of my letters.
I’ve also met him three times. He seems quite calm and patient. I remember, at a schools even a few years ago, I had my picture taken with him after he signed my books, but the girl who’d taken it didn’t have a steady hand, so it was blurry. So he offered to have another picture taken, and this time the girl was having problems with my phone. But Darren was patient the whole time, despite the huge queue behind us.And even though he gets bombarded with loads of questions from each fan, he seems to take it in his stride.

Signature

“They think of you as a prince,” he said, “whereas I still think of you first and foremost as a meddlesome little brat with a penchant for stealing spiders.” - Mr Crepsley, Hunters Of The Dusk

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 204

Joined 2010-06-08

PM

Met him last year At London Film and Comic Con… Really nice guy Asked him few questions about his products this year and yes he is really patient… We were having problems with our camera as well

Signature

Home is where my heart is The story of my life xx

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2015-09-20

PM

Fans from Provo, Utah that come on here may get chances to meet him when he goes over their way for The World Horror Convention at the end of April and the beginning of May.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2235

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

I’ve met him twice. Both times he was much the same - calm, well presented and professional. A joy to converse with and grateful to his fans. I’ve never written to him or E-mailed him, but I have heard positive things about writing to him; and, while it may take a while, he’ll get back to you if you’ve not sent him spam.

Signature

~*~Member 01’ - Mod 10’~*~
          Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

~*~13/11/2010//27/03/2014~*~