The voice says I\‘m almost out of minutes

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 23983

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

“Could have been better,” Bridge told her happily and stretched his arms above his head. “But it was nice.”

He took note of the slumped figure in the corner of the ‘court’, recognising the wave of multi-coloured fabrics. They belonged to Elise who was referred to as the ‘old coot’ around the settlement. She would be under those fabrics, cradling a nice hot flask of soup - one that she made herself back at her own shelter. Everyday, without fail, she would come here and drink some whilst babbling.

Yet Elise was always nice to the children. Or the ones that didn’t run away afraid they’d catch her insanity. Bridge had tried to tell them that in the found books insanity wasn’t a virus nor could it be contracted just by standing near someone who had it. But no one listened to him.

Signature

Unused Account.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 18501

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

“Sleep is always nice. We always wish it was better” she said then smiled ” oh look! Elise is up early” she then drug him to go see her ” Hiya miss.Elise!” She said chiperly

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8167

Joined 2012-09-02

PM

Gerald looked around with a smile, seeing if he could spot anyone he recognized. Running his finger through his hair he felt his stomach rumble but he couldn’t help but laugh at it. Knowing now that he had smelt the food he was definitely hungry.

Signature

“A tomato may be a fruit, but it is a singular fruit. A savory fruit. A fruit that has ambitions far beyond the ambitions of other fruits.” ― E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

Elise peeked out from under her rags at Elizabeth. Her eyes faintly squinting at her. “Hello.” She shifted her eyes. Peering at her and then at Bridge. “Elizabeth. Bridge.”

“Elise.” Bridge smiled gently. Gently, he bowed his head in a reserved form of greeting. Only watching as she lifted a cup to her lips and sipped at the soup inside.

Signature

Unused Account.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

“Did you sleep well?” She asked warmly.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

“As well as I could,” she nodded and placed the cup down onto the table. “But I was too worried about the prophecy.” She gave a feeble sigh. Shaking her head whilst she hesitantly nibbled on her lip.

“The prophecy?” Bridge echoed, his eyes widening a fraction. “The thing you always talk about?” He cocked his head to the side and noted the way the frail woman gave a solemn nod. She folded her hands into her lap and gave a faint shudder.

“It’s dark…” She closed her eyes and drew her lips back to expose the reddened gums. “So very dark.”

Signature

Unused Account.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

Elizabeth shook her head trembling “oh I don’t like the sound of that!” She whimpered

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

Bridge timidly shook his head, slowing the lump in his throat. “I don’t either.” He shot Elizabeth a timid look and nibbled on his lip. “Not at all.”

Elise turned to them. Her eyes wide and wild as she pulled her hands from her lap and took hold of Elizabeth’s arm. She gasped loudly and shook her head in a frenzy. “You have to keep it a secret.” She practically hissed at them both.

But what did they have to keep a secret?

Signature

Unused Account.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

“Keep what a secret?” She blinked

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

“Elise, leave the kids alone.” A man shook his head and glanced towards the two of them. “I don’t want to hear anymore from you.” He stated it simply, watching the elder shrink back. She gave out a small noise and turned back to her cup of soup.

Elise resulted to mumbling. She hissed through her teeth and shifted about in her seat. Closing her hands around the warmth of her cup. It didn’t take long until she lifted it back to her lips and sipped at the contents.

“Oh…” Bridge whispered, tugging on Elizabeth’s arm. “We should go sit down somewhere… We’re getting glares.” His eyes shifted to the man - who was in the process of staring them down.

Signature

Unused Account.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

She held Elisis arm for a moment ” ill be back” she whispered then nodded at Bridge ” sounds great!”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

Elise barely moved, giving no indication that she’d heard what Elizabeth had whispered to her. After all, she was too busy avoiding various glares sent her way by the adults who were scattered about.

Barely even breathing, Bridge gently lead her away from the elderly woman. Heading over to the table that he had been sat at before. He dropped himself onto a seat and slumped over the table with a heaved sigh. This settlement could act like such a hostile emvironment at times. There were hardly ever any ‘perfect moments’.

Signature

Unused Account.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

She sat at the table thinking deeply

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8167

Joined 2012-09-02

PM

Gerald spotted Elizabeth and grinned. “Hey Elizabeth.” He chuckled, walking over to the table she was sat at with bridge. “Did you sleep well?”

Signature

“A tomato may be a fruit, but it is a singular fruit. A savory fruit. A fruit that has ambitions far beyond the ambitions of other fruits.” ― E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks