The Experiments RPG

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

My name is Wyvern - but you can call me Vern. It’s what I call myself, anyway. They call me E2.0 - Experiment number 2. Personally, on the whole experiment front, I’m kinda glad I’m number two; 1 was a disaster. She looked inside out.

But I suppose I should get to the point.

‘They’ are the ones that made me. They made you too. See, we’re crossbreeds - but not the usual kind. I’m human-avian, for example: 62% human and 38% bird - Peregrine FalconĀ  to be exact. You… well, I dunno, we only just met. They’ve been experimenting on people for ages, but I’m only the second generation; my DNA was actually combined with some unlucky Falcon’s before I was even born, before I was even physically alive. You were made like that too, probably.

Well, I was kept in a dog crate my whole life, just like you. I was fed through the bars and if I snapped, if I attacked anyone, they’d electrocute me until I passed out. All things considered, I reckon I turned out okay.

I really hope you did too.

——

Before meeting Vern, you were kept in The School. They poked and prodded you, made you run until you dropped, electrocuted you to see how much you could take, operating on you to make you ‘better’. They did this for no less than 12 years, no more than 18, you can’t really remember. Time barely exists after everything you’ve been put through. But on one miraculous day, an alarm wailed and they froze over you, their scalpels poised mere inches from your skin. As you watched, they hurriedly moved from the room, leaving you strapped to the table as a fire raged somewhere in the building.
You survived, but only barely. You wandered the streets for a while, learning the abilities granted to you by your own special animal DNA, and gently learning control. It was a bit before you met Vern, and slowly began meeting all the other experiments that had wandered up to him.

——

This RPG isn’t complicated, believe it or not, so don’t be shy joining up. If you have any questions whatsoever, I’m 100% available.
The rules are nothing special:
No meta-gaming
No idestructible characters
NEVER take over someone else’s character unless you have specific permission from them
and please don’t go wandering off on your own without everyone else, or Vern will find you and kill you guaranteed. Because it’s annoying, sorry xD

Character sheet—
Name
Age (no less than 12, no more than 18)
Gender (this is a bit of a weird one, so doesn’t have to be specific)
Appearance (picture or description’s fine)
DNA (for example, Vern’s human-avian)
Bio (optional, length doesn’t matter)

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 23983

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

(Ooh, something that’s Maximum Ride related. It sounds good.)

Signature

Unused Account.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

(Great :P Intro updated btw… I’m posting up so long)

Name: Wyvern (Vern) E2.0
Appearance: Black hair with orange and white highlights, medium length; black eyes; around 6ft4 and medium build with a wingspan of 32.5m. Wears a BVB t-shirt and leather jacket, both with slits cut into the back for wingspace, combat boots and black jeans.
DNA: Human-avian
Bio: see intro.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 926

Joined 2012-08-12

PM

(Can I join pls?)

Signature

‘How will I ever get out of this labyrinth of suffering?’ - Alaska Young (Looking for Alaska)
‘We accept the love we think we deserve.’. - Bill (The Perks of Being a Wallflower)
‘I go to seek a Great Perhaps.’ - Francois Rabelais

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

(Of course! Just post up as soon as you can, and then we can get busy waiting for a few more people XD)

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Name: Lizelle (Liz) E2.2
Appearance: Caramel skin; large, almond-shaped scotch coloured eyes; tall but with a slight build; kinda frizzy brown hair. Wears a leopard print strap top, dark skinny jeans, denim jacket and red heart-shaped sunglasses.
DNA: Human-pantherian (human-leopard basically)
Bio: Liz had no choice in the way she grew up; the steel door to her blue dog crate bashed until her eyes opened in the morning, dragged out of her plastic home and into the flourescent lights to be run into exhaustion, the pain of it all, the knowledge that she wasn’t even considered to have emotion by these scientists.
But when the alarms went off, and they left her strapped to that table, she knew she’d have to take control if she was going to survive. And so she escaped, barely.
Liz wandered around the city for a few days before bumping into a skinny, dead-looking boy she recognised from the lab. She ran.
After about a week of this kid tailing her, she decided to give him a bit of a chance and they soon became friends. She’s stayed with Vern ever since, learning her abilities and how to use them.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

(I’ll join. If I can?)

Signature

Unused Account.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 18501

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

(Can I join as well?)

Signature

The voice says I\‘m almost out of minutes

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

(Course you guys can. Just post up and I’m waiting for 1 or 2 more people and we’re good to go.)

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

Name: ‘Pyro’ E2.8
Appearance: Pyro has a rather slim build, though is also muscular which doesn’t show thanks to his tall frame (towering around 6’8”). With unnatural red hair that falls to his shoulders in layers, he tends to pull it back into a ponytail and stuff it up into a black beanie to keep it out of sight - as well as the fox ears upon his head. His skin is quite naturally mild, in between too pale and incredibly bronzed. He usually wears dark black jeans with rips in - usually a red fabric beneath and a slit cut in the back for his tail; dark red vest top with a black overshirt and a baggy jumper to hide his tail under (often straps it to his back to keep it hidden) and deep red combat boots.
DNA: Human-Vulpine (to put in simpler terms human-fox)
Bio: N/A

(I hope this is okay.)

Signature

Unused Account.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

Ignore

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

Ignore

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

Ignore

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

Name Nina Tucker E2.9
age17
genderFemale
bio will be revealed during RP
DNAHuman-Dog
AppearanceTall with a strong buid, with, however, a gentle feminine features. Her big blue eyes sparkled and her full lips were almost always in a smile. She has long brown, curly hair

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

(Jordan, looks brilliant… I’d say a max of 3 characters so yeah another’s welcome :) Awesome Liz, cool now we hurry up and wait for someone else to come bouncing in xD)

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

(Okay whatevs let’s just start xD ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN ANYWHERE IN THE STORY, PLEASE DO SO BECAUSE THIS SITE’S A GHOST TOWN THAT BARELY HAS ANY GHOSTS AND NEW PEOPLE ARE SERIOUSLY NEEDED)

Vern stirred his coffee slowly, his raptor ears easily picking up the scraping of the plastic spoon against the bottom of the paper cup. He dropped two sugar cubes into the dark liquid before turning his midnight eyes to the crowd. He could usually tell the difference between an experiment in disguise and a full human. The trick wasn’t spotting one; it was getting one to trust him enough to join his little clan.

Liz weaved in and out through the crowd, focussed solely on the frozen yoghurt stand. She barely had enough money for a cup but she craved it almost as much as oxygen. Finally the people lessened and she managed to squeeze through to the counter. “One cup - small - cherry chocolate and vanilla,” Liz rushed.
She only had to wait a minute before her order was placed on the table and she was pushed backwards, every other customer trying to get first in line. It was chaos, but she managed to grab her treat a millisecond before she was propelled out the door.
It was okay.
Now she was happy.

Signature