Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Books :: Zom-B :: Thread

Darren Shan’s Protagonist are similar to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz’s Protagonist (Possible Spoiler)

Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2012-10-19

PM

I noticed that Darren Shan’s Protagonist are similar to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz’s Protagonist.

Darren Shan in The Saga of Darren Shan in the beginning wasn’t too smart and made a lot of dumb mistake like the Scarecrow but eventually because of his life as a half-Vampire became smart enough to outwit his enemies Murlough, Steve Leonard, and Desmond Tiny. He is also vengeful to his enemies.

Grubbs Grady in The Demonata in the beginning was cowardly like the Cowardly Lion. Eventually when he became a Werewolf he became very courageous and ruthless.

B Smith in Zom-B in the beginning had no heart like the Tin Woodman but when her heart was ripped out and became a Zombie she had a big heart in her unlife. She cares for her friends and merciless to her enemies.

Then would the next series protagonist for Darren Shan’s new series book be a boy that is similar to Dorothy Gale and had a pet like Toto? But instead of a cute puppy it could be a monstrous animal. That would sound awesome if it did.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-05-02

PM

But it would be a ghost dog or Hell hound.
And he could possibly see other ghosts.
and is whisked away to a inbetween realm of ghosts and people, but dark beings are gathering.
Or he could have a pet dragon and they fight off killer half human half robot beings , and is looking for his grandad who is really a dark wizzard.
totes random. =D

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2010-01-04

PM

Great post!!! And, in a way, my next main character in a series COULD be a version of Dorothy, at least in an over-the-rainbow kind of way… :-)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2010-01-04

PM

I’m going to post about this on my Facebook page over the next few days, so watch out for it!

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2015-09-20

PM

Then, which Wizard of Oz characters were Jebel from “The Thin Executioner”, Al Jeery from “The City Trilogy”, and Kernel and Bec from “Demonata” like?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2015-09-20

PM

I also forgot about Koyasan from “Koyasan”.