The Seven *story*

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

I’m trying to bring a little bit f everything into this story, including *hides behind desk* romance… but that’ll come waaaaaaay later. I’ve already said too much! XD And if you know me or fanatsy at all, you’ll have seen the magic here already xD I do generally try to keep my writing clean of swearing but at the moment, guys, I’m focussing on making the characters as realistic as possible until I can establish them as PEOPLE to you… I had a really tough English teacher when I was little - I guess some of the stuff stuck xD

Chapter 3
MOUSE, MICE, MOOSE, MEECE

Okay, call me Damsel and flick me a dress but I just about freaked out when Zig basically said that the call I’d just had – telling me they were ‘coming for me’ – didn’t actually happen. Was I seriously going insane? Nutty? Round the bend? Crazy? Mad? I mean come on, I’m sixteen. I do not need this right now. Nuh uh. I already got school; my life’s bad enough. Don’t even get me started on the stuff that actually matters.

“You heard my phone, right?” I asked Ziggy nervously, turning it round in my hands. It was times like this where I felt vulnerable, and really needed to see. I wasn’t sure though why I was so freaked out. It could have been Mouse or anybody else… But that voice just put my teeth on edge.

Ziggy cleared his throat. “Uh, yeah, obviously. That thing vibrates like it’s on So You Think You Can Dance.” Not the worst thing he could have said.

Smiles wriggled her way under my arm, fitting perfectly next to me. That’s the funny thing about us: Zig’s oldest and biggest but in the lowest grade; I’m a head shorter than him but the lightest, thanks to my uber-metabolism, and in the highest grade; Smiles is the smallest but next on the grade list; Mouse is… well, she’s Mouse; average height, average weight, quiet, easily forgotten. I’ve never heard her shout, be sarcastic, tell a joke, or even hum. She’s just there most of the time.

“I felt it,” Smiles said into my shoulder. “In my face.”

“Huh. So then why’s it not showing up on my history?”

Zig put his chin on my other shoulder and sighed. “Dunno. Maybe it was like a mini-mass hallucination.”

“Is that even a thing? I mean, really?” I asked, shrugging him off. I had enough people on me with just Smiles curled up in my lap like a little kid. Soaking up the Genius, I guess.

“Probably not,” he admitted.

A knock on the door brought head up.

“It’s open,” Smiles said miserably.

Zig bounced off the bed and I could hear him whispering the situation to the person at the door. I waited a little awkwardly, stroking Smiles’ pale hair and staring sightlessly ahead.
Finally, I felt someone kneel down in front of me, rubbing Smiles’ arm. God, it sucked being blind. Like, seriously sucked.

“I know,” Smiles murmured. “But we can’t video chat – Genie wouldn’t be able to see me.”

“It’ll be okay,” Mouse’s voice assured. Okay, so now at least I knew who this was. Yay.
I shifted out from under Smiles, giving the two a moment, and walked out into the hall. I heard Zig following me, his unique footsteps telling me it was him. Yeah, I know, it’s weird but I can identify people by the sound of their footsteps.

I couldn’t tell it was Mouse because of Smiles’ stupid yellow carpet (Zig was my describer), but her footsteps are usually a burst, then nothing, then moving, then nothing and so on. She’s jerky, but only if you listened really hard. Mouse does, after all, have a limp.
Smiles drags her feet a little, making a distinct scraping sound. Anyone can hear her, even on carpet.
Zig walks really smoothly, and I usually have to listen for a few seconds before I hear anything from him; he takes long steps, placing the balls of his feet before his heel, unlike most people. So yeah, I guess you could say the guy with neon green bangs and a great fashion sense points his toes when he walks. What does that tell you?

He pulled me aside slowly, leading me into the spare room. As if he had to; I knew this house backwards and sideways. “Wussup?” I asked with a small frown. By his grip, I could tell he was way more stressed than he let on.

Ziggy sighed leaned against the wall next to me. “I promised you the best day ever.”

“You delivered,” I shrugged lightly, smirking.

“Nuh uh. Smiles kinda ruined it.”

I rolled my eyes expertly – yes, there is such a thing – and nudged him. “Hey, no biggie. She was bound to do it sometime.”

I sensed him lean a little closer and I heard the door shut. I frowned again. “Zig?”

“I had some serious plans for today,” he murmured, annoyed. “Like, really serious plans. To make today brilliant. Not like I’ll get myself decked to convince you to bunk every day.”

I smiled slightly. “Yeah no, so not happening.”

“Mmm.”

“So what were your plans?” I asked curiously.

Ziggy was silent for a long moment before he answered. “I was going to show you something.”

I nodded. “You still can.”

“I’m shaking my head.”

Frowning, I stood in front of him, arms crossed. I was so willing to pull out the whiney brat. What can I say? He’d piqued my interest.

“Seriously, it doesn’t matter,” he said, a smile in his voice.

“Please?”

His voice became hard, all joking and smiling gone, when he said “No” and walked out. I blinked in shock and tucked the hair behind my ears before following him back to the room. Okaaaaaayyyy.
So if you can think of something meaner than pulling someone into a room, closing the door behind you, dropping hints, sounding all sorry for yourself and making the person feel for you and curious, please: speak up. I’d love to hear it.

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

I could see.

Not like you can, of course, but I knew where people were by the energy traces they left behind. A lot of energy was kind of white, and teensy traces were darker.

Wandering around the room, I noticed that I could tell one kind of energy from another. Like, the girl who made a lot of noise left blue wisps behind them, and the kid burning up in the sun out there radiated a sort of orange-red aura.
Obviously, the noisy girl was hot – temperature, people, come on – but she was making more sound than heat. Well, that’s what I figured, anyway.
Looking around, the stones beneath me were a dull grey, lighting up brilliantly when someone walked over them. Because movement was energy too. It was like that movie Avatar, where the branches lit up where they walked. I’d had Ziggy describe it to me while he watched it in – wait for it – 3D.

It was actually really beautiful, seeing the energy inside each and every person, seeing it swirl through the world, sometimes frustrated and looking for someplace to rest, but mostly just peacefully flowing through and around stuff.
Yeah, I saw the anti-climax there too. Don’t worry.

‘Turn…’

What the hell..? Okay, just to clear up: I have no conscience. I’m also not schizo. So having little voices in my head is strange for me. Yeah, just wanted to get that out there.

‘Turn around…’

My eyes locked onto a dark spot. You’d think I’d be used to seeing nothing by now but this thing… it sucked the light from everything around it. It ate away at the energy running the world, and it ate away at me too. Before I knew what I was doing, my hand lifted and was immediately sucked into this black hole. I was consumed.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

I sat bolt upright, the darkness of my blindness painful after so much light. My heart was hammering in my chest, and I was sure they could hear it from Canada. Trying to calm myself down, I smoothed my hair back and tried to get my breathing under control.
It wasn’t like I never got nightmares; I had them whenever I slept. And let me tell you, they’d put Chucky to shame. Slender would curl up and disappear. Silent Hill’s got nothing on me. I’d dreamed it all. But this… this was different. Because it felt all too real. I couldn’t control it. In all my other dreams, I’d been able to at least control what I was doing.

“Ange?” Mouse’s airy voice snapped my head round, eyes wide even though I knew I couldn’t see anything. No bright lights, no blue and orange and a purple in between. Just black.

“Yeah?” My voice was husky, but at least no terror broke through.

I heard her shift onto my bed, felt the mattress dip slightly as she sat. She sounded worried. “Are you okay? You were freaking out in your sleep.”

“Was I?”

“Mmm.”

I re-smoothed my hair back and leaned forward, elbows on my knees. “Sorry,” I whispered, sounding very loud compared to her regular speaking voice.

“No, it’s okay. I mean, I was up anyway.”

Frowning, I swallowed a sigh. Yup, the joys of being host in the middle of the night. Sleepover, people. “We can swap places.”

“Um, no, it’s nothing. Just feeling… odd.”

I guess the nightmare hadn’t bothered me as much as I’d thought; I was asleep before she’d even finished her sentence.

Sleep well, my little Genius. While you still can.

But this time, there was no waking from my nightmares. Because tonight’s little freak show had only just begun.

Signature