Within (Story)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 5455

Joined 2010-07-20

PM

First of all hey guys! I haven’t been on here for a while - studying and school work. I have a story here I’ve been working on for a while. Enjoy :)

Within
Prologue:
                        Late September
To whom it may concern,
My name is Jacob Langdon. I am currently patient 104 of Kansas State Mental Institution. I can remember only too well how I ended up here. Right now, my mind is a mess of emotions and ill thoughts. I am alone here… there is no friends or family to comfort me… Only a barrage of doctors and nurses who think they can try to understand me. But I don’t think they can… because even I cannot understand what is wrong with me…
I’ll start from the beginning. Forget I am in a mental institution. I want you to think of me as a perfectly normal teenage boy… you’ll know straight away when you can change your views about me.
It was breezy september evening. My mother’s good friend Monica had came over with her two kids. One of her kids - Justine - went to school with me but her younger brother David was still in Elementary School. Their mother Monica was a very happy and posh woman who no longer had a husband - just like my mother.
  Monica lost her husband at a boating accident when she was pregnant with David. Justine was young then and it didn’t strike her as much as it would now. My dad left us when I was about thirteen - I am sixteen now - and it was up to my mom to handle two adolescent boys
    My older brother’s name is Bradley. He hates my mom and blames her for father leaving… I can’t completely deny what he’s saying because my mom isn’t exactly her nicest when she is provoked but I can tell she loves and cares for me so I try not to argue with her unlike Bradley does.
Today, Bradley promised to stay in his room and not tick anyone off while Monica was here. I put on some video games for David and headed over to my room to talk to Justine. We were friends… close friends. We met each other in fifth grade, after my father left and after my mother met Monica at our local gym. The two realised how much they had in common - and that they both were single moms - and became close friends immedietaly. That’s when I actually started to notice Justine at school and we became friends.
“Mr. Barrett gave Troy the same crap again today” Justine said when I walked into my room. She smiled a warm grin. Her auburn hair glistened in the pale light of my room. I chuckled weakly. Troy was one of these jerks who always picked on others. I, myself, didn’t mind him. And the fact that Mr Barrett did annoy me though. Everyone loved Mr Barrett but he really disliked me and Troy. One time he had a really nasty talk with me…
  Anyway, the thing that made me and Justine different was that I was high up in the popularity rank in school and Justine… was toward the bottom.    As much as I liked her, she was always socially awkward around people… she also didn’t look like a princess from a fairy tale. I disliked the truth of it, I hated how such nice people couldn’t be liked by others but I had to hold my ground to not be rejected by others. I talked Justine into agreeing that we only talked during her visits to my house - I found out the hard way how people react when you hang around with ‘losers’.
Justine and I spent the next half an hour or so talking about, school, music, TV shows and books. The time pressed on fast as we mingled with our views and opinions and thoughts.
    Finally, at around half past six, there was a knock on the door and my mom stepped in. I looked at her, asking her what she wanted with my glare.
“Um… Jerry is here with the new carpet… we’re gonna have to ask you to relocate” my mom said jokingly. Jerry was her brother - and my uncle - who worked at an interior decorating company. My mom wanted to change the carpet in my room for a while now and finally got around to asking him recently… too bad he had to arrive late in the evening.
    “Well what the hell are we meant to do?” I groaned. Justine giggled softly, I smiled. My mom tutted.
“Well… I don’t know! Go outside… get some fresh air! Go on a walk! Just get out of the house. We. Are. Recarpetting.” she stammered. I wanted to keep arguing, it satisfied me, but I knew there was no point this time. I clicked my fingers at Justine and we headed outside.
It was brisk and fresh outside. A light breeze was blowing around us. I zipped up my hoodie and looked to Justine.
“So where do you wanna go?” I asked, putting my hands in my pockets to warm them.
“Somewhere without people… you wouldn’t want to get seen with me” Justine said, biting her lip. I ignored her.
“Remember when we were small we used to go exploring?” I said, trying to get her mind off the ‘being seen together’ dilemma. Justine looked at me, blinking with confusion as to why I was bringing this up. “Let’s just go for a walk… Smoky Hill River? You could get some flowers for your dad…” I said. Justine regularly walked up to her father’s grave with flowers. I found it weird sometimes but I didn’t want to hurt her feelings.
    Justine shrugged. I playfully pushed her and she smiled, pushing me back.
“Come on… let’s get on with it then” she said and she started to jog.

Signature

“Before you begin I must warn you… nothing here… is vegetarian” Hannibal Lecter - Hannibal

“We are Groot”

“We have to keep moist… we absolutely have to”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-07-20

PM

Smoky Hill River was a long river, surrounded by lush flora, near the estate where I lived in. And even closer to another estate where people like Mr Barrett lived in. We decided to walk on the paththe right of the river. It was a craggly thin path with small stones which soon dissapeared into the grass and we were left to use our instincts about where to go. Justine looked at a tree which was overhanging over the river. She started to climb up it. I looked curiously at her. She looked back at me.
    “You coming up?” She asked gleefully. I gritted my teeth. I wasn’t sure I remembered how to climb a tree.
“I uh… I need to go pee. I’ll be right back” I said, biting my lip. I looked around me to find a place where I could pretend to take a leak. There was a small clearing behind the bushes so I squeezed through to there.
    Just as I went through the brushes, I heard a crack… and voices. It sounded like several men. Their voices were urban and harsh. I took a deep breath and ducked. Hopefully Justine would find a way to hide, I thought to myself. I pushed several leaves from the bush away to look through and… the wet earth below my feet gave away and I stumbled down into the mud. A raindrop struck me in my eye. It started to rain.
    “Look at that little pup hiding in the tree!” one of the men said. My muscles stiffened when I heard his provocative voice. I heard Justine shriek. Two other men laughed.
“Get her down TJ” one of them cackled. I heard Justine scream again. “She’s a fine young lass” he laughed again. Justine screamed and I heard a thump… as if someone got hit. Then I heard a loud slap… and Justine started to cry. I hauled myself up from the ground slowly.
    The earth had now turned to mud and it was impossible to get back up to the bush. I looked around for something to help myself up - and use as a weapon. I spotted a large stick with a heavy end. I picked it up and stuck it into the mud. I hauled myself up to the bush. Justine screamed. I cursed and pushed myself through the bush, startling and intimidating the two men. I saw Justine on the floor, crying and with blood coming from her cheek. A man was cutting at her jeans with a knife. The two others were staring gleefully at her… until their gazes turned to me… and the slow motion scene of an inpending disaster stopped. It was as if the tense air around us let out a sigh of relief and everything started to happen in real time again.
    I swung the large stick at the man closest to me. It struck the side of his face hard. I could almost see the stars he must have been seeing. He started to lose his balance until he slipped on some wet mud and went tumbling backwards into the river
    The man with the knife threw himself at me. He lifted his hand and prepared to stab me with the knife but I used the large stick as my shielf and the blade buried deep into the wood. I looked at Justine… she was crying… she was scared. I bashed the mans head with the stick. Blood shot from his nostrils. His eyes flipped backwards like a slot machine. I clonked the side of his face to make sure he wouldnt get up.
  The third man didn’t react aggressively. He only blinked at me… scared and in shock. Justine kicked the back of his leg and he fell to the ground. She was crying.
  “You son of a -” she didn’t finish her insult. She kicked his face against the ground. She looked so angry and upset. We shared a look of fear and shock… it was all over now. She was shaking. She really did seem scared. I looked at the bodies. I killed them… I killed people… It was just anger… It was a little hard to believe how anger brought me up to kill people. But what other solution could there have been?
    I walked over to Justine and hugged her. A light shone in my face. I broke away from the hug and stared at the end of the path. A man was standing ... near a metal gate towards the end of the path by the river. Somebody from the other estate must have heard screams and went to investigate.

Signature

“Before you begin I must warn you… nothing here… is vegetarian” Hannibal Lecter - Hannibal

“We are Groot”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-07-20

PM

“Jacob Langdon… you a**hole… what the hell is going here!” he shouted. How did he know my name? The man lowered his flashlight and when I saw his face… I cursed. It was Mr Barrett. Of all the nights he had to be extra annoying and nosey.. this night was the worst. I picked up the knife from the large stick it was buried in. I wasn’t sure what I was doing. I was scared about what was going to happen if I didn’t take action. I started to walk over to Mr Barrett. I felt numb… and deaf… I was completely zoned out of what was happening but I felt a strange sense of control and conciousness… as if I could stop at any moment. As if I was doing this because I was angry and scared and wanted those emotions to stop. I could see Mr Barrett’s lips move but I didnt pick up what he said. I plunged my blade into his stomach. He didn’t have time to react or scream. I pushed him to the ground and slid the knife out of his stomach. I sat on him and dropped my knife onto his chest again. The blade ripped through his coat’s fabric, through his skin and into his lungs where his breathing almost critically stopped. He started to gasp for air. I lifted my arms and stabbed him again and again. Again and again. He started to spurt blood from his chest and mouth until his weak struggling stopped. I looked at my bloody hands and knife and then back to Justine. She was scared.  I cursed.
  “I panicked…” I said and staggered away from the body.
“We have to go call the police” Justine sobbed, grabbing me by the shoulder. I shook my head.
“We really really cannot do that” I told her. “We… we slaughtered these people… there is no proof they done anything to us… who knows how long the procedures would take… wh-”
She slapped me in the face. I blinked. She cursed.
“You’re right” she said and broke down into tears. I hugged her quickly.
Look… for now… we should get rid of the bodies… How about the river?” I said, energetically. I was trying to break the dull mood. Though I wasn’t sure how breaking a dull mood would work when we were standing in a fresh graveyard we made ourselves.
  “Okay… the river” Justine agreed. I went to pick up the knife and large stick. I threw them both into the river. We then started to haul the bodies into the river, We started with the fattercorpse… he was the one with the knife.
“They were going to…” she stopped and helped me with the body. He was heavy so we had to drag him. When we got to the edge it got easier because he fell into the river himself. The other corpse was easier, we threw him in - holding him from both ends. When we got to MR Barrett, Justine seemed a bit scared.
  “He was our teacher…” she said. That’s when it struck me… I really just did kill my teacher. I closed my eyes.
“Look we really shouldn’t be thinking about the consequences right now. Now grab his legs and help me throw him in the river” I never knew how crazy I must have sounded. I felt scared though… and guilty… but not guilty enough to feel sad about him dying… there was something I felt that made me feel as if I wanted him dead… as if I wanted to kill him.
  “Jacob?” Justine said. She must have noticed I was daydreaming. “Throw”. And we did. His body splashed. We should have tied rocks to their legs so they would sink . I was going to mention that to Justine but I didn’t want to worry her further.

Signature

“We are Groot”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-07-20

PM

When we were done, Justine looked at me. There was something bothering her… I felt it was something else now.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“The first man you hit… he wasn’t dead. He just fell into the river… what… ” tears started to well up in her eyes. “What if he finds a way to land and gets his friends to get revenge on us… what if he tries to hunt us down.” she hugged me tightly.
“Justine…” I sighed.
“I’m so scared Jacob” she held me tightly.
“Me too” I was scared too… I kissed her forehead…

Signature

“We are Groot”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

See? I’ve read it ;)
It’s really good so far - keep posting :D

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.