Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Chit Chat :: Stories, Poems RPGs :: Thread

Life of Earth *Continuing from old RPG*

Rank

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

Darwin felt eyes on him and he fazed out from Mr. I-Couldn’t-Care-Less’ voice, turning his head slightly to look back behind him. He didn’t see anyone. Still, he felt like he was being watched. He turned his attention back to his boss, who was glaring at him. “What did I just say?” he demanded.
He swallowed. “Um. Sort by where everything’s supposed to end up.”
Mr. I-Couldn’t-Care-Less grumbled to himself before continuing, going on and on about what Darwin couldn’t do and what he really couldn’t do.

Signature

‘I’m ready for the gridlock,
I’m ready to take it to the street,
I’m ready for the shuffle, ready for the deal,
Ready to let go of the steering wheel;
I’m ready, ready for the crush.’

-Zoo Station

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 20838

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

Emrys waited for his opportunity, for when the attacker would come inside. Rose was long gone, she knew the plan. They had been working on it for years.

Signature

Death sits in the chair opposite from me and watches. Death has no eyes, yet can see. Death knows, but has no mind. We often sit together at night. Death has one move left… I have none…

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

They eventually arrived home, a small but cute apartment downtown.
“Bloody hell,” Bel groaned, a tugging in her belly starting up again. “I’m gonna hurl…”
Kaila’s head snapped round, her eyes growing dangerous. “Vomit on my white carpet and I will physically kill you. With a wooden spoon.”
She stumbled to the bathroom but only made it as far as the sink before she puked up lunch into the basin. “Uuuuuuugh,” she groaned. “Not… not good.”

Marlise quickly opened the door and jumped back out of range lightning-fast, eyes locked onto her target. “Come quietly and I won’t have to kill you.”

The kid strolled down the halls, knowing he should have made the binding already - but he was looking for a fan. Irritated, he glanced into a filing room and voila! Lovely. A little desk fan sat propped on a shelf. He plugged it in and switched it on, muttering a binding under his breath. After a few seconds, he passed his hand through the wind, passed his hand through its very soul, curled his fingers around the air and pulled it towards him, beckoning it.

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

Emrys smirked, pulling back the curtain and leaping out at lightning speed at her to scare her, before swiftly disappearing. No trace of him or Rose. Violá, perfect plan. He hoped.

Signature

Death sits in the chair opposite from me and watches. Death has no eyes, yet can see. Death knows, but has no mind. We often sit together at night. Death has one move left… I have none…

Rank

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

He looked around him, spinning wildly, looking for something… someone… He ignored his boss’ cries of shock as he sprinted from the room and down the hall, mind zeroed into… a finling room? Darwin didn’t have enough sense left to question it too much, instead burst into the room and banged into a kid from behind. He frowned in confusion, stomach turning over as a wave of nausea washed over him.

Signature

-Zoo Station

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

K walked into the bathroom, leaning against the wall opposite Bel. “What did you do?” she asked when there was a break in the retching.
“Nothing unusual,” Beleny muttered, hugely irritated. “Just, you know, exploded a toilet.”
“Oh God,” she whispered, eyes dropping to the floor. “You don’t think there’s after-effects now, do you? Because if I get hungover every time I light a candle, I’m going to physically die.”
She shrugged, still gripping the basin.

Marlise had managed to get a shot in but she frowned with confusion when her target disappeared. Then understanding dawned. The ghost - Emrys. That’s who it must’ve been. Which means the girl had to be in the bathroom somewhere, but a quick glance around told her she was long gone. So where was she?

He stumbled when Darwin crashed into him but quickly regained his balance and flicked his wrist, expertly catching the penknife in his small fingers. He whirled on him, knife raised.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

Rose panted madly as she stood in the stinky sewer tunnels, hands shaking madly. She knew she had to get inside for Emrys to materialise, but the spot they had decided on was demolished now. So where to go? Rose picked up pacd again and began to head out of the sewer towards a small pub nearby. She would have to lodge there for the night then move again. Someone wanted her dead, she couldn’t stick around to a place for too long. Gotta keep moving. Gotta keep moving.

Signature

Rank

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

He ducked down, old Judo lessons kicking in, and jabbed at the kid’s kidney before he even realised what he was doing. Darwin’s eyes widened in horror and he stumbled back into filing cabinets, the tugging still in his gut. He had to get outta here. Now. Darwin turned tail and skinted down the hall, stumbling every so ofted from nausea.

Signature

-Zoo Station

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Beleny looked down at the puddle of puke in the basin, glumly realising the plug was still in. Shuddering with disgust, she reached in and let everything drain away before scrubbing at her hand. “Ew.”
K rolled her eyes. “So glad you’re feeling better.”
“Yeah,” she grinned.
“And uh, you have something,” she pointed to her own chin.
Beleny scrabbled for the mirror. “Ewewewewewewewewewewew!”
A knock on the door quietened them. “What the hell?” Kaila frowned.

Marlise probed around the bathroom until finally she found the hidden exit. She grinned wolfishly and crawled inside.

The boy (who we shall now call Jerry) darted out after his target, knife in hand. He would not let him get away.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

“No.” A voice hissed in her head. She stopped in her tracks and blinked in shock. It was Emrys’ voice, but how the hell was he talking to her? “She’s coming. Take-” Rose noted everything down mentally, receiting it millions of times before she suddenly disappeared into the shadows…

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

(Hey sorry I disappeared for a bit there; Peter and I had this thing going on and the whole fiasco was taking FOREVER but now I’m back - though Peter’ll probably be gone until Monday sometime. Aaaaaaanyway xD)

Beleny straightened and wiped her mouth before striding silently across the room to look through the peephole. She felt her stomach clench and looked back to Kaila, finger to her lips.
The girls’ stalker smiled a little as an idea came to him. “Little pigs, little pigs, let me in?”
Kaila swallowed, fingers curling as they became hot.

Marise came out of the tunnel gulping fresh air, glad she didn’t have to be in that teensy space anymore. Now… To call the Death girl. She wouldn’t be able to resist it. Literally. There was no getting out, unless the caller’s concentration was broken. All she had to do was find a dead thing. Looking around, Marise eventually spotted a partially-eaten bird off in a gutter. She crouched down and muttered a binding before spreading the decomposing wings and bringing them forward towards her. Any minute now, the Death girl would come running.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

Rose ran into an abandoned building before she suddenly stopped, clutching her stomach in agony as a knotting sensation rushed through her. She could hear so many. So many dead people. So many ghosts. All screaming and crying. All children… All needing her help. Rose fell against a wall before retching up her guts onto the floor. It was too much. There was too much suffering and pain and agony.
“Don’t listen Rose!” Emrys cried as he materialised behind her. But Rose couldn’t hear him, the voices were just so loud… She stumbled towards the door, coughing violently along the way, “Rose! Rose no!” Emrys begged, rushing after her. Just before she fell outside, Emrys suddenly materialised enough to hug her tightly from behind and whisper into her ear, “Rose, I love you.”

And well, she couldn’t concentrate after that…

(No worries, I hope everything is okay now? Xx)

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

(Yeah everything’s good, just a whole lot of stuff was piled onto P so her character’s probably going to do a mass-homoside or something later XF)

“Who is it?” Bel called shakily, nodding her head to Kaila.
The stalker licked his lips nervously but forced his voice to be strong. If these girls were even half as powerful as they could be, he was dead. “Does it matter?”
“No duh,” Kaila snapped. Her clothes began to steam as her stomach tightened with nerves. Who was this?
A sick smile slowly spread across his face. “I am Michael Lebowski, born and bred to drown the flood of water, to burn away the flames of hell.”
Beleny burst out laughing, all tension gone from her. “Oh God no,” she gasped in between breaths. “No please! I can just see the headlines! YOUNG GIRLS: DEATH BY LAUGHTER. WHO COULD BE THIS SPIRITED KILLER??” She doubled over, tears streaming down her cheeks. Even Kaila relaxed, chuckling a little.
He scowled now and stood back, preparing to kick in the door.

Marlise brought the bird closer, feeling the bonding weaken slightly. “Come to me,” she purred. “Come to me.”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

She gasped in agony, shivering madly as her feet tried to move. Emrys kept her locked, whispering sweet things into her ear that made her heart melt. He really did love her, they grew up together, they knew everything about each other. It was just a shame that he was dead. Rose tried to break free, the connection too strong, but Emrys turned her and pinned her to the wall gently. He then kissed her expertly. He had to make the most of the time he had left being physical. Rose tensed madly, the contact alien to her. But soon she began to kiss him back shyly.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Kaila tensed up again and pulled her sister back as the door shook on its hinges.
“There’s no escape from me,” he growled as his foot slammed into the door with unnatural force, snapping it in half. He stepped through the remains and his face met a flying kick with a painful slap.
Bel watched her efforts take effect as his eyes rolled back and he stumbled against the wall, heavy boots making his footfalls louder than normal. She grinned wolfishly, concentrating on the water in his body, making it churn.
He screamed, pain bringing him to reality, and lunged at the one with the ridiculous blue hair and glasses - the Water girl - and dropped her with a resounding punch to the temple. The pain stopped immediately and he rounded on Fire. Only she stood in his way of glory.

Marise growled and threw the bird away, breaking the connection. She’d have to find something stronger to bring Death running. But that had to wait for later; He was calling and she had to go, else she’d quickly become prey. Marise melted away.

Signature