Life of Earth *Continuing from old RPG*

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

I would have liked to keep this private but that wasn’t working as well as I’d hoped :/
So now anyone who wants to can join – feel free and don’t be shy!

The old RPG was faulty; I had to create this new one. Hopefully it’ll be a bit better xD
Since the beginning of mankind, there have been those who were born closer to the earth, closer to death than many would care to believe. At first, they were seen as gods come to bring joy and prosperity to humankind. They were raised up in reverence, commanding whole kingdoms and adorning themselves in the cloak of admiration and awe. They called themselves the Earth Children.
As time wore on, their people began to grow tired of being commanded by those different to them, these children who spoke down to their elders. Pride washed away all reason, and the
humans rose up in a rebellion unlike the world had ever seen – or has seen since.
War raged on for half a century before the Earth Children were put down. But they had grown older, and in most ways they were like humans.
The Earth Children multiplied, and their own children went out into the world, unknown to be of the Godly blood.
And time passed as time does, and the descendants of the Children became wondrous magicians, circus freaks, fortune tellers, Tarot readers and prominent members of society.
Some bred with humans, others kept their bloodlines pure.
But some humans remember the old ways, and they remember their ‘imprisonment’ under the Earth Children. The Rebellion still stands, in secret… and now they grow strong, hunting the Children’s descendants. 
Many of these kids don’t know their heritage, and only realise their danger too late. But some survive a while. Others will outlive us all.
This is their story. Will it be yours?
Character sheet
Name: (First and last)
Appearance: (Pic or description – picture preferred)
Power: (One of the elements: Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Dark, Light OR: Death, Life *Water, Fire, Dark, Light, Death have been taken*)
Bloodline: (Pure: Only Children as ancestors and a bit more powerful OR Diluted: Humans in the mix there too and less powerful)
Weapon: (Anything from martial arts to modern weapons, or technology)
Bio: (Backstory – not too long please :) – and optionally character traits, place of birth)

What’s happened to far:

Artemis has finished a gig at their home circus. She had her brother, Apollo, are going to collect the cash. In the background, a blond man stalks them silently. Artemis is only solid, fully formed, at night. Apollo is only whole during the day.

Rose was constantly hearing the screams and whisperings of the dead, tortured students in the school from decades ago. She ran away, trying to block them out, when a dead headmaster called her back, telling her ‘they’ were hunting her. It seemed word of her ability had spread.

Beleny and Kaila blew up their desk in Chemistry, not for the first time, and ran off to English. Barely making it, Beleny spotted a car out in the parking lot, a car just like all the rest. She couldn’t see who was inside, but her instincts fired up and she got jumpy. That car – as silly as it sounded – was trouble. She and her sister, Kaila, had to finish school, get near-perfect grades to pass the year. They were already on probation, so she didn’t tell anyone.

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 20838

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

(Senn as nobody is posting…)

Rose slammed her apartment door shut, falling down onto her hands and knees as she panted madly. Running was not her strongest point anyway, but her apartment was miles from school so to run all the way there was hell. She shut her eyes as she felt Emrys materialiss, his hand gently on her back to comfort her.
“You should train.” He smirked playfully. Emrys was always a joker.
“Oh shut up.” Rose grumbled weakly, but she allowed herself to smirk faintly too.

Signature

Death sits in the chair opposite from me and watches. Death has no eyes, yet can see. Death knows, but has no mind. We often sit together at night. Death has one move left… I have none…

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

(Thank God, finally XD)

Beleny followed her sister to their last class, mind in the ether.
Of course Beleny was daydreaming again. Kaila rolled her eyes. Sure, she wasn’t the most responsible person in the world, but she still had to play mom to her younger sister. Even though Beleny was, like, her idol. But now Accounting slammed into them and she dragged Beleny to her seat, forcing her to focus.

The black-eyed woman studied the house with a killer’s eye, memorising the location of windows, doors and other possible escape routes. She’d modelled herself after Trinity from the Matrix, so she cut an imposing figure. Nobody bothered her, and this was how she preferred it. Turning her mind back to the job at hand, though it hadn’t bee that far anyway, she pushed up her glasses and walked to the house, knocking on the front door. She knew her target was on the other side, probably talking to her ghost friend - the one known as Emrys.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

She froze as a knock came to her door. Nobody ever knocked her door. Rose glanced to Emrys who gently helped her up and lead her to the bathroom after she grabbed her gun from the drawer. Never went anywhere without it. Emrys helped up a finger to her to be silent as he closed and locked the door.

Signature

Death sits in the chair opposite from me and watches. Death has no eyes, yet can see. Death knows, but has no mind. We often sit together at night. Death has one move left… I have none…

Rank

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

(Mind if I join, cuz?)

Signature

‘I’m ready for the gridlock,
I’m ready to take it to the street,
I’m ready for the shuffle, ready for the deal,
Ready to let go of the steering wheel;
I’m ready, ready for the crush.’

-Zoo Station

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

(The more the merrier at this point. Hop in.)

Beleny scowled behind her glasses. “I’m sorry, what?”
“I said, nimrod, you got your muck on my shirt.” Paulie pointed to the eensy splotch stain on his already-icky shirt.
She rolled her eyes and leaned back against the stall, folding her arms. “So sorry,” Beleny drawled sarcastically. The guy was from her Chemistry class - he sat behind her. Obviously, he was having a bad day because nobody ever, ever messed with the Harrison girls. Just no. “I’m sure you dear ma’ll wash it out.”
He growled suddenly and leaped at her but was slammed into the far wall with bone-crunching force when she threw the contents of the toilet at him. Paulie groaned miserably and Beleny squinted down at him. “Hey, check it out! The stain’s gone! If all it needed was a little crap, you couldda just spoken to it,” she beamed.

The black-eyed woman knocked again, patience very quickly draining away.

Signature

Rank

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

Name: Darwin (Darry) Maverick
Appearance: (http://data2.whicdn.com/images/80281730/thumb.jpg)
Power: Air
Bloodline: Diluted
Weapon: *looks around* Do I seriously need one? Fine. The power I’m going to discover I have.
Bio: Darwin was born in Miami but he and his dad moved to (setting) when he was 10. After much school-hopping, he decided that this was the place for him. Best grades he’d ever gotten. Nobody paid him much attention, so he could focus on school - just what he wanted. He’s a little sarcastic at times but that’s only when he actually talks to someone. Darwin’s a loner, but lately his father’s sent him to a therapist because… you guessed it. He’s been randomely throwing people at walls. Well, that’s what it looks like, anyway.

Signature

-Zoo Station

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

Rose glanced to the shower then back to Emrys, eyes wide in fear. She knew the plan - Emrys was protective over her and made sure she had an escape route in case he couldn’t materialise for some reason. Rose looked down to her gun, mentally thanking herself for cleaning the thing this morning before school. If the gun wasn’t clean, then well… she’d be screwed really. Emrys floated over to her and planted a gentle kiss against her forward. It was a silent promise he’d look after her, no matter what happened.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

(Seriously dude? Darwin? *shakes head* can’t believe you stole my character. I mean, I know he’s awesome but your betrayal… it stings.)

Kaila looked up as Beleny walked back into the class, having just taken a bathroom break. The front of her shirt was drenched and she smelled… well, like toilet.
“What happened to you?” she whispered as her sister sat down next to her. “Flush someone?”
Beleny shook her head, lips pale with worry. “Paulie needed me to wash out a stain.”
“Uh huh. Don’t blow your cover now, yeah?”
She nodded.

The woman - Marise - clenched her teeth and let out a long, slow breath. “Hello? Anybody in there? Please?”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

Emrys gestured for her not to speak. If the person was innocent, they could easily find somebody else. Rose hugged the gun close to her chest, not one for fear. Her heart was thumping like a jackhammer. She felt sick to her core. Just because she had powers didn’t mean she was a fearless badass.

Signature

Rank

Joined 2014-09-03

PM

(I didn’t steal him - I borrowed him ;)

Darwin glanced across the painfully quiet room, eyes picking out the receptionist’s desk. He walked to the desk and tapped the bell, sending a way-too-happy tinkle echoing around the room. His heart beat like a jackhammer, thudding in his ears. He was sure they could hear it in the back room. The postoffice was silent, after all. Mostly. Finally, the door labelled ‘Staff Only’ opened and a bored-looking woman walked out, black hair tied into a messy ponytail. “Can I help you?” she drawled. Her nametag read ‘NO’.
“Uh, yeah actually. I’m here for the sorting position..?” He swallowed.
She raised an eyebrow slowly but opened the flap on the counter to let him behind the desk. “Through the door and out on the right you’ll find Mr. I-Couldn’t-Care-Less. He’ll tell you what to do.”
Darwin nodded and followed her instructions. It was really hot back here, the air dry against his skin. So not helping with the anxiety.

Signature

-Zoo Station

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

He checked his watch. Two minutes to go. He pursed his lips, wondering if he truly was ready for this, before taking the glass bottle out of his bag. He uttered a simple binding spell and swished up the water, raised the bottle to his lips and drank the liquid. Any minute now, she’d come running. She’d come racing straight into his little trap.

The bell rang and Beleny leaped up, not even bothering to pack away her books. Something was calling her, something she couldn’t resist.
Kaila frowned after her sister and shook her head, stuffing her notes into her bag before tidying up Beleny’s desk. She did way too much for her.

“My car broke down! Please? Please help me!” Marise called, putting all her despiration and hopelessness into her voice.

Down at the post office, the child looked up from his iPod and his amber eyes locked onto his target. He’d been born to end this one’s existence. He was bred to do it, had trained all his ten years for it. And he was ready. So ready. The kid casually walked round the back of the post office and through the door like he was supposed to be here. The penknife was heavy in his sleeve, but he didn’t care. He’d do this Assassin’s Creed style. Why? Because he could. He really, really could.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

Rose glanced to Emrys at the voice, but he shook his head and mouthed, “She can go somewhere else.” Rose nodded and pulled her knees into her chest, wishing whoever it was would go away. She didn’t like people anyway, but that was besides the point.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Kaila happened to glance up out the window at the exact moment Beleny slammed herself against a car window, eyes wide with confusion behind her glasses. Beleny slapped the car door, cursing, mind racing. Why’d she gone crazy? K scowled and took their bags out to the parking lot, dropping her sister’s on the tarmac. “Ditch me like that again and I’ll kill you,” she muttered.
Beleny’s head snapped to her older sister’s voice - she hadn’t heard her come up. “Um yeah, sorry,” she murmured, picking up the bag. She still eyed the car, suspicious. “C’mon. Let’s get home.”
Kaila nodded and led the way out the school grounds.

He stared out the tinted window at the other girl. Could it be? Fire here? At the same place as Water? Unlikely… and yet here she was. Here they both were. He didn’t move until they’d left, mouth dry. He could kill one, sure, but two? Haha. Nope.

Marise finally lost her patience and quickly punched a window out, unlocking the door that way. She snuck in…

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

Emrys heard the smashing of the window and knew the plan was to roll. He turned on the shower before shifting Rose to the shelving case, revealing a secret exit. Emrys pushed Rose through, closing the exit. Rose knew she had to run, Emrys would be safe. Run. Keep running. Don’t stop.
Emrys made himself look like Rose, turning physical just for the moment. He climbed into the shower and pretended to be her.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

“Are you okay?” Kaila asked, seeing she was far paler than usual. “What happened?”
Beleny’s eyes flickered to her, those achingly blue eyes. “I don’t know. I was just… I couldn’t help it.”
They were walking down the street, heading for home. “Do you think it has something to do with…” Kaila made an obscure gesture but Bel shook her head.
“I don’t think so. I don’t know. I really… really… don’t know.”

She crept silently through the house, gun at the ready, until she finally came to the bathroom. The door was closed, but she couldn’t hear anything inside. She slowly reached for the handle, ready to leap into the room.

Signature