Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

Do some of your books take place in the same universe?

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2014-06-11

PM

Dear Mr. Shan

I am a huge fan of your books, and I am wondering, do some of your books take place in the same universe? Of course, there’s the obvious, Cirque Du Freak and Saga of Larten Crepsley, but I mean some of the others. I currently have a theory that The Demonata takes place in the Cirque Du Freak universe, which explains The Wolfman, but there are still a couple of holes. Here is the theory, The Wolfman was perhaps the offspring of 2 werewolves being experimented on by The Lambs, or an failed and abandoned experiment to mix human and werewolf genes. My evidence supporting this theory is that the Cirque Du Freak books never explain anything more about The Wolfman. They keep it very open ended, perhaps you were saving explaining it in a later book? Now, I know it’s a long shot, and I haven’t read Larten Crepsley yet so maybe I’m talking silly* right now, but I would like to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Aidan the Aspie

*Edited, no swearing please!!

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 797

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

Hiya! I’m not sure how active Darren is on the boards, but to answer your question he’s always said that (apart from The Saga and The Larten Crepsley ones) they’re definitely set in completely different settings. As far as I know, he’s not publishing any more in either of those worlds either! Boo!

P.S. Read the Larten Crepsley series! It’s epic!

Leah

Signature

Definition-
Leah* [Leee-aaaah]:

A deviously devious prehistoric-squirrel-like creature with stalkerish tendencies, tending towards moderation of forums and drinking of much tea.

May occasionally appear to change forms. Do not be fooled as this is generally accepted to be a combination of facepaint and latex.

*If seen, approach with severe caution. May be hazardous to your sanity, and any tea in the nearby vicinity.