LGBT+ characters?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1380

Joined 2012-04-25

PM

Lately I’ve been wondering if there are any LGBT+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and others) characters in any of your books. I know the fans have quite a lot of theories (resulting in fanfictions that I would rather not have read!) but are there any actually canon LGBT+ characters? I know from a short paragraph in the first Zom-B book (page 40 in the UK version) that B might be homo- or bisexual, though based on the way it’s worded, it’s more likely to just have been plain curiosity. I already think your books are amazing, but putting a LGBT+ character in (or knowing that an already existing one is!) would just make my day!!

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2010-01-04

PM

My adult books feature characters of all sexualties, but I tend not to explore those avenues in my books for younger readers, because it sends my publishers into meltdown!! When I was writing my vampire books, I was going to mention that fact that there were a lot of homosexual members of the clan, since the vampires tended neither to mix much with humans or blood very many females, but I knew it wouldn’t make it past my editors, so I left it unsaid. But, yep, a lot of the Vampire Mountain crew were guys who were great warriors and who liked other guys, a bit like the Greek and Roman warriors of long ago. And in the clan, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1380

Joined 2012-04-25

PM

Wow, that’s awesome! Thanks for the quick answer!!