Empire City RPG

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3241

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Have you ever felt as if, deep within you, layed a huge power? Did you ever feel like you were part of something far greater than you could have ever imagined?
Were you there, when the Ray Sphere exploded?
Perhaps you were. Perhaps you were in Empire City when the explosion caused the death of thousands of people in an instant. Maybe you were even next to me when it happened.
If you survived the explosion, you were either very lucky…or special. Or both.
My name is Cole MacGrath.
I never really wished to be anything special.  My life wasn’t special at all but it wasn’t bad either. I had a job as a bike messenger, a girlfriend I intended to marry and a friend who’s like a brother to me. I was someone you’d never notice. Just a guy delivering packages to folks you’d never know.
But all that changed.
One day, I was delivering a package to some person in the historic district. It was a day like any other. Suddenly, I got this weird phone call from a guy who’s offering me 500 bucks to open the package. I accept and open it. Inside it, there’s this strange blue sphere. It exploded, destroying half the city in the process, killing thousands of people.
I survived. But I was changed. Something within me activated. At first I could only light a light bulb, now, my powers keep on evolving.
In the meanwhile an epidemy has started and many people are now dying. The US Government has decided to block all the exits from the town to prevent the epidemy from spreading. Its hell: the gangs inside the city now control everything, they steal, kill, rape without nothing to stop them. The cops left are too afraid to try and stop this madness.
Slowly I’m learning how to control my new powers. I only hope it isn’t too late.

So! This time I decided to make an intro first. Dramatic scene huh?
Ok, basically everything you need to know is inside the intro. To sum it up, my character’s package explodes and the result is half the city being blown away, together with thousands. Yet, your characters and mine, somehow survived. As Cole said, either you were very lucky or special. Lets say you are special. The explosion has granted your characters and mine incredible super powers which can vary from elemental to whatever thing you wish. Yes. Immortality too.
Now, you can either start with your characters learning how to cope with their powers as the mayhem in Empire City keeps on, or you could be people who were naturally born with these powers.
People with powers are known as Conduits.
Now, I wish to do a few things with this rpg: First off, you should imagine Empire City like a New York type place. To keep it realistical. Its only logical that unless related in some way ( family, friend.s, ecc) our characters do not know each other. Therefore, I think it would be nice if every character had some sort of story of his/her own (obviously we would meet at some point, there’s always a general story but I was thinking about single stories merging into one.)
Always to keep it realistical, I’m not forcing anybody to be ‘‘Good’’ with their powers. You are free to decide what to do with your powers, if you want to help people…or cause their demise.
I’m making up only one rule: Give your character at least, ONE fatal weakness.
My character, Cole has the power to absorb and release electricity in various forms. The explosion has granted him above average resistance but high amounts of water can kill him ( It short circutes him) and he needs to absorb electricity in order to utilize it.

This is what your character sheet should look like:

Name:
Surname:
Appearance: (Pic or description)
Bio:
Powers:
Abilities: (for example my character is a really good parkourer)
Weakness:
Weapons: (Can have anything you like or nothing at all)

In case you were wondering, yes, this thing is based on the InFamous game.

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 20838

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

(I’ll join up. Let me just post a character sheet :D)

Signature

Death sits in the chair opposite from me and watches. Death has no eyes, yet can see. Death knows, but has no mind. We often sit together at night. Death has one move left… I have none…

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

Name: Julieta-Fae
Surname: Arachne
Appearance: http://likepeeringeyes.deviantart.com/art/The-nature-of-vampire-279626063
Bio: Julieta was brought up by rich parents who stuck by the rules completely, which caused her to become rebellious. At the age of 14, she ran away and got herself into trouble with drugs, but got clean within a year. Her parents disowned her since she ‘embarrassed’ them, but Julieta doesn’t care. She hates her posh family anyway. When she was 16, she managed to get herself an apartment and still currently resides there as she’s a pretty good tenant. She works at a tattoo parlour as the front desk girl, but also does ear stretchers. Julieta used a have a drinking problem along with her drug addiction, but again, she got over it. She’s very strong willed and doesn’t take crap from anyone. Julieta is a lesbian, but hasn’t had any relationships because she was busy sorting out her own problems. She didn’t want to drag anyone into it.
Powers: Creation - Julieta can create organic or inorganic matter from nothing either as finished objects or simply unfinished elements. She can create energy, souls and life of any complexity, dimensions or realities, stars, etc. As long as it can be defined as object, Julieta has the power to make it reality.
Abilities: She’s very skilled at hand to hand combat as well as survival skills. She’d give the army a run for their money.
Weakness: She has to take tablets to stop voices in her head as she used to have Schizophrenia - if you stopped her from taking them, she would easily snap and could kill herself.
Weapons: She has a police standard pistol that she stole and hunting daggers.

Signature

Death sits in the chair opposite from me and watches. Death has no eyes, yet can see. Death knows, but has no mind. We often sit together at night. Death has one move left… I have none…

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

(Perfetto. It really fits in. Glad to have you in here Char ;))

Name: Cole
Surname: MacGrath
Appearance: http://www.calmandstrong.net/Infamous.jpg
Bio: Its all in the intro.
Powers: Electricity absorbtion and release. High resistance, enough to allow him to jump down from a tall building with no damage. Electricity can heal him.
Abilities: Excellent parkourer, his abilities have been enhanced after the explosion.
Weakness: Water is a double edged sword with this character. If you’re in the water… but if Cole is ‘‘above waist’’ level waters, he’ll short circute himself. Everything rest, he’s got the same weaknessess as everybody else (bullets, swords ecc. He’s only resistant to impacts)
Weapons: His own electrically charged fists and feet. And head.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 5455

Joined 2010-07-20

PM

Name: RJ
Surname: Mitte
Appearance: http://kittyburnetts.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/tumblr_m8m5bcy6sa1rpb7jx1.png (I am so sorry for the picture but I couldnt get a better one xD)
Bio: RJ was adopted by rich parents. He was paralysed from the waist down when the explosion hit and no matter how much money his parents put into his equipment he wouldn’t get better so he had to move around in a wheelchair or a pair of special crutches he used sometimes. He was an only child and he was home schooled so he didn’t get many friends - except for a handful his parents chose for him. But RJ didn’t care… he had a gift… a power which he was never able to understand… when he slept he was able to go into the mind of.. an animal or a certain person and feel and experience everything his host felt. He was even at times able to control the animal he was looking through. He is ignorant because he is still pretty young and prefers to go by his plan rather than somebody elses. He isn’t afraid to speak for himself.
Powers: Warging: He can look through the eyes of a simple-minded organism(over time it could be even more people)... and he can even control certain organisms,
Abilities: He is pretty intelligent and can easily deduce a person or scene.
Weakness: He is paralysed from waist down so his mobility is greatly reduced… His warging weakens him if he does it for long enough
Weapons: (Can have anything you like or nothing at all)

Signature

“Before you begin I must warn you… nothing here… is vegetarian” Hannibal Lecter - Hannibal

“We are Groot”

“We have to keep moist… we absolutely have to”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

(Good character! Epic win for the pic XD)

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-07-20

PM

(It’s Walter JR from Breaking Bad and he looks really weird on every other picture so just imagine him whatever way you like xD)

Signature

“Before you begin I must warn you… nothing here… is vegetarian” Hannibal Lecter - Hannibal

“We are Groot”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3807

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

Name: Alene
Surname: Adreanna
Appearance: She is tall and slim, She has tan skin, unnaturally white hair, bright grey eyes, and long scar on her cheek. She wears combat boots, with dark jeans, and a plane grey sweater, she doesn’t really care about fashion especially in Empire City. She also wears a belt around her waist, that carries knifes.
Bio: Alene lived on her own. She move from her family from Brooklyn New York. She didn’t find out about her powers until she was 15 years old, her family didn’t look at her the same since then. She had a close friend named Becca who was murdered, though the killer was never been found. Things had never been the same at it was before, considering that she was the only one that kept her company. One day she was walking through the city on a normal day with a usual routine until all things went to hell. There was then an explosion. She couldn’t go back home because it was unsafe. Then thing’s got even worse. People roamed the streets, they were angry, but not because of the explosion. It was something else. But why? Alene wasn’t sure. She didn’t really didn’t have a home and moved around the city. She tried to get out of the city as soon as possible but was unable to, being guarded to prevent people from leaving. One night she was walking down an alleyway. Unexpectedly two men in red hoods out numbered her. They didn’t look like normal humans. They were thin and ill (although she didn’t really see their faces) and they coughed up a black substance. They tried to hurt her, although she was a conduit, which gave her an advantage. She was able to move objects around her and used it for defense. After that point in time she had to stay in hiding.
Powers: Alene’s power is telekinesis.
Abilities: Alene is athletic and stronger than she looks. She also has good hearing and eye sight, and is able to aim perfectly at anything.
Weakness: Her weakness is anything that is to loud or to bright, since she has advanced senses she can be sensitive.
Weapons: Four knifes that she wears around her waist.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

( So do we want to start?)

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-07-20

PM

(HEll yes! You can start us off ! :D)

Signature

“We are Groot”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

(14th Day after the explosion)
‘‘Oh Damn it. The generator’s died again.’’ This was how Zeke Dunbar’s day started, sitting on a couch on his roof. Even though his rooftop was quite far from the ground, he had set up a metal net, like the one’s you’d find around a prison. It wasn’t safe to be without it.
The problem however was another one: The tv wasn’t working.
“Cole! Hey bro could you do a little bit of your hocus pocus?’’ asked Zeke.
“Ah…ok. At least these powers are useful for something.’’ said Cole as he got up from his couch. He walked to the generator and a small lightning bolt shot out from his palm. There was a humming sound and the generator sprang to life.
“Yeah!” said Zeke as the tv flashed on.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-07-20

PM

“Rise and shine honey” RJ’s mother called. RJ opened his eyes. He was having one of his “dog dreams”. In this one he was walking through the city at night. He saw a group of thieves beating a woman to death. It took him a while to notice but he was generally inside the same dog’s head each time. He lifted his chest up and hauled himself into his wheelchair which he had right next to his bed. He hated his mom and his dad. He never appreciated that they were being nice to him. He could sense that they were being fake and it annoyed him. He wheeled his way down to the kitchen where he got his breakfast served. He started to eat.

Signature

“We are Groot”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

Julieta was up early that day, the broken curtains letting the sunlight through to blind her. She grimaced as she rubbed the bruise on her stomach. She had been to the gym and got beaten up by her trainer. She deserved it though. Julieta had allowed a lousy shot to miss the tall, black man and he darted in to jab her stomach. She should have known better. Idiot. Julieta yawned and stripped off her PJs and underwear, climbing into the shower. Luckily she still had hot water running - her powers saw to that. Julieta scrubbed the dirt and sweat off her body before cleaning her hair through. Once ready, she clambered out of the bathroom with a towel around her body. She needed something to eat. Julieta wriggled her fingers mindlessly as she changed into a red sports bra and matching red shorts. On the table appeared a bacon sandwich. Lovely!

Julieta turned and picked up the breakfast before munching it down with ease. God she was hungry. She wriggled her fingers again to create another one before munching that down too. Now she was full. A thought then popped into her head. Maybe she should get a pet. That’d be quite cool and she wouldn’t be so lonely.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

As the tv flashed, both Cole and Zeke heard a strange noise growing stronger and stronger.
By the sound it was an aeroplane, in fact, it was a military carrier, but something was wrong. It seemed to be losing height every second. It surpassed their rooftops and kept falling.
“Woah I thought that thing was going to hit us!’’ said Zeke.
“Yeah. Wonder if the government decided to do something.’’ spoke Cole thoughtfully.
The tv flickered and it changed channel on its own. A young man was now in TV.
“I love this guy.’’ said Zeke turning up the volume.

“Hey! Citizens of Empire City! It’s the voice of survival here. It looks like our government has finally decided to do something about us! They’ve sent a helicarrier full of food and water but, it crashed at the centre of the Neon district. Go and grab your portion before it’s too late!”
With that, the tv died again.
“Bro, lets go!’’ said Zeke putting on his jacket.
Cole nodded, it had been days since he last ate. “Take the stairs, I’ll be taking the elevator.’‘
With that he jumped down from the building.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

Julieta looked to her tv as the young man appeared before feeling herself smirk. She didn’t have those worries. She could create anything, including food and beverages. She hadn’t tried living things yet, but had guessed it was possible. Julieta dried her hair with the blow dryer before walking out onto the balcony. She had an amazing view of everything from there. As far as the eye could see and more. Julieta looked up as she saw a dying plane in the distance, about to crash. Oh well, she couldn’t do anything about it now.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Cole landed with a heavy thud on the ground.
Practically nobody was around, he suspected the citizens had also heard the news.
“That was so cool! Wish I could do that, taking the stairs every single time is really annoying.’’ said Zeke.
“Lets get to the centre quickly’’ said Cole.
“First, we should go to the parking.’’
‘‘Why?’‘
‘‘Well Lou’s left me a gun. With all the hungry people around I’m sure I’ll need something to defend myself. Not all of us shoot lightning from our hands ya know.’‘
‘‘Lou… The guy you sold one of your home made batteries?’’ asked Cole.
“Yep.’‘
‘‘Zeke they explode after a few minutes!’‘
‘‘Heh…don’t tell him. Remember when I gave you one…and you made it explode..the look on your face’’ snorted Zeke.
“I nearly lost a hand!’‘

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper