Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Books :: Zom-B :: Thread

Mr Dowling’s Identity - Isn’t it obvious? Zom-B Mission spoilers!

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-05-21

PM

Spoilers for Zom-B Mission ahead!

When Burke begins shooting at Dr Oystein and shouting ‘Demon’ and ‘Mr Dowling’ just after having a conversation with B and doing some research on Dowling and Owl Man, did no one else think that Burke may have found out that Mr Dowling and Dr Oystein are the same person?

Also, maybe the mutants are in an advanced state of being revitalised, and Oystein/Dowling is brewing the current revitalised to become a superior army to the one he already has.

What do you guys think? PS: This is my first post so hey guys!

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2235

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

Interesting theory, but I can’t say I follow you on this one, but I do believe they are/could be connected.

Signature

~*~Member 01’ - Mod 10’~*~
          Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

~*~13/11/2010//27/03/2014~*~

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 7600

Joined 2013-10-16

PM

I think that it is entirely possible, and I see how your theory originated and why, but I’m just not sure. I mean, you could be right. It’s a plausible idea. But I just can’t decide if it’s right.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2011-06-28

PM

I think he seems a bit too caring to be Dowling. In Gladiator he risked quite a lot to save one revitalised. With Burke it could have been he was drugged like Oystein suggested or forged documents.
Another possibility, He explained what some of his research included. A lot of things he did would be frowned upon by most. Maybe there were some darker things he was researching that he doesn’t talk about.

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2014-05-17

PM

It’s unlikely because there are physical scars but they could be on the same side and Burke saying “Demon” was infering traitor and “Mr Dowling” was his way of trying to tell B what he’d found but he died mid-sentence.

Signature

Over strands of red, Lord Loss crawls
Dispensing pain, despising all
Shuns friends, nurtures foes
Ravages hope, breeds woe
Drinks moons, devours suns
Twirls his thumb ‘till the reaper comes