Definitely not!
Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3241

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Well yeah. But wouldn’t everyone be world experts in their chosen fields if all you had to do was download all the knowledge up to date on your brain?

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

Knowledge only takes you so far, but yes I suppose in theory it’s possible. But then we have multiple experts now and like you say not everyone can know everything

Signature

Oldie since ‘01

“The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is Reason”- Terry Goodkind

Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Ahaha on that I agree. With all the physics knowledge in the world, I guess I’d still suck in the said subject XD

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3175

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

I have to wait and hear the opinions of the people around me before getting this (I’d rather not get hacked, thanks XD)

Signature

“Even a minute of dying is better than an eternity of nothingness.”
“Out of the stakes and into the moonlight!”
“Do not curse the darkness; illuminate it.”
“One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1251

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

I would definitely sign up for beta testing. I wouldn’t have thought that the technology would be able to be hacked easily as if the brain is only used for input signals it shouldn’t have the capacity to control any thoughts or actions unless the relevant output areas were connected. With how complex the brain is and how hard it is just to understand let alone make adjustments as they are making some progress in now, I doubt that there would be many on earth who would be able to use the first waves of tech to carry out their nefarious plans.

As for downloading knowledge, even if this was a possibility I doubt it would ever create experts just walking encyclopaedias. It takes more than just reading and absorbing information to create real knowledge. Connections need to be made, data to be analysed and opinions formed if any new revelations are to be made. Learning is a very personal process that I doubt can be replicated by downloading if one wants to become a pioneer in the field.

Signature

? Damon - There’s no such thing as a bad idea. Only poorly executed awesome ones.

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2014-04-03

PM

Wow, just think of the possibilities! Cheating in your super hard French test, playing games (if that’s possible) on the bus, going on here when you are bored in a maths lesson!

Signature

Alice: Spasmy
Jemima: Unisloths!
Faith: Smart :)
Beth:Cheeeeese
Amy:Dead serious
Hayley: C.U.T.E
Maddie: Human

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Lani - 04 April 2014 10:26 AM

I would definitely sign up for beta testing. I wouldn’t have thought that the technology would be able to be hacked easily as if the brain is only used for input signals it shouldn’t have the capacity to control any thoughts or actions unless the relevant output areas were connected. With how complex the brain is and how hard it is just to understand let alone make adjustments as they are making some progress in now, I doubt that there would be many on earth who would be able to use the first waves of tech to carry out their nefarious plans.

As for downloading knowledge, even if this was a possibility I doubt it would ever create experts just walking encyclopaedias. It takes more than just reading and absorbing information to create real knowledge. Connections need to be made, data to be analysed and opinions formed if any new revelations are to be made. Learning is a very personal process that I doubt can be replicated by downloading if one wants to become a pioneer in the field.[/quote

*Nods* yes Professor. Good post right there

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

no, i wouldn’t get it because what if my brain got a virus and drove me insane.

Signature

Lord loss’ Evil twin ME