Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Chit Chat :: Polls :: Thread

Are Santa’s elves really just slaves?

Poll: Are Santa's elves really just slaves?
Total Votes: 17
Yes
No
I don’t know...
What?
Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 7600

Joined 2013-10-16

PM

^Ah, but delivering things isn’t actually that difficult (I’ve tried it). The elves have to make and wrap the presents, take care of Santa, keep track of who is good and change the presents of those who aren’t, load the sleigh….
The list goes on.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3175

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Santa makes and checks the list.
I bet Mrs. Claus takes care of him (and their pet reindeer)
The elves just make and wrap the gifts. Oh, and load the sleigh.

Signature

“Even a minute of dying is better than an eternity of nothingness.”
“Out of the stakes and into the moonlight!”
“Do not curse the darkness; illuminate it.”
“One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2011-09-13

PM

if we were to be put in the reality where santa and his elves did exist, then in that case it would not be slavery. Why? well, first of all, no one is getting pay, not even santa; thus, resulting of a charity work. Santa helps by in shipping the products and elves produce the product, so there is an equal work. Second of all, Santa has no documentation of slavery in owning the elves and the elves are not branded or wearing the mark of their owner. the elves are always free and living their life.

[color=gray]the reason why we sometime see the elves taking care of santa is because the author created it like that for young children to connect with the elves for they are both small like them and to different themselves from the adult world that they can’t associate with Or, in other cases, for the young to care for their elders.[/color]

Signature

Let me see you strip... down to the bones.Valar Morghulis