Where is everybody?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 14597

Joined 2011-01-24

PM

*Rolls eyes* No, need to contuine, I can imagine…

Signature

If you worry about tomorrow then how will you enjoy today?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2235

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

Yeah.. Let’s just say, being one of my (former) best friends is not going to save you from being banned if the offence is serious enough.

Signature

~*~Member 01’ - Mod 10’~*~
          Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

~*~13/11/2010//27/03/2014~*~

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-01-24

PM

I thought he was banned before, too. Like before the whole rape RPG incident.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

He was placed on probation at least twice before I asked for a formal ban.

I usually give plenty of opportunity to straighten out before I get to the point of probation and bans. However, there are three very serious situations where I will go from zero to ban in seconds.

You can be my best friend in the world, but you cross the line, you might not like the concequences.

Signature

Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-01-24

PM

I see, and will keep that in mind :)

A long time ago a friend of mine did get banned from this website, and she was just able to get on with another one :/

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

It depends on the level of the ban, there are several types..

Username bans, IP bans for every device you’ve ever logged on with, E-mail bans.. You’d be amazed at what can be done..

Thankfully, those who do get banned and decide to make a second account, generally get the message about toeing the line.

Signature

Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-01-24

PM

I never thought it was so complex! Yeah, I guess if you do get banned for something serious enough you can kiss the site goodbye.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

Long story short, don’t mess with us.

We may seem friendly, but step on our toes, and you’ll get the claws.

Signature

Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

Luckily people are usually pleasant and therefore no bans are required:)

Signature

Oldie since ‘01

“The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is Reason”- Terry Goodkind

Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

This is very true! To the best of my knowledge, we have not had a ban in at least a year or more. (Besides spammer/bot accounts)..

Member wise, we’ve got an awesome group!

Signature

Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

Too true! Few years back we had to ban more people but even then it wasn’t more than a few a year. I also find I have to edit and delete far fewer posts these days. Good on you shansters!

Signature

Oldie since ‘01

“The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is Reason”- Terry Goodkind

Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 20838

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

Glad to be of a happy service for once :) I find the site runs more smoother if we all work together and don’t commit serious offences - less bans mean happier people :D

Signature

Death sits in the chair opposite from me and watches. Death has no eyes, yet can see. Death knows, but has no mind. We often sit together at night. Death has one move left… I have none…

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

Definitely agreed! I also rarely have to edit posts these days, which is nice as it means everyone is getting along and things are running smoothly! I’ve always liked to see this place be one of acceptance where regardless of our differences, lifestyles or personal choices, we all feel included.

Safety is a huge priority for us too. We do encourage conversation, but it is nice to see everyone refraining from posting personal information that could lead to problems. Unfortunately we cannot know everyone we speak to. That supposed thirteen year old trying to make pen pals could just as easily be some creeper trying to do harm. We have members as young as 8 and some of us as old as 40/50 if not more. There definitely are some of you I know quite well and some of you I know by username only. But regardless of situation, I always use care because you truly never know!

We’ve never had this, and hopefully never will, but I encourage people to be on alert, report suspicious activity, and even if you get an off PM, let us know!

We also appreciate reports of offending posts, we don’t always have time to read each and every one of them, and I welcome opening my email to see things reported so we can fix them right away! It does work out that myself and the other Mod’s and Admin’s are in different time zones, so someone is usually available at every time durring the day.

As always, we appreciate you guys, and love the relationship we have going, it’s truly nice to see such a diverse group, brought together on one common point, making an online community seem like a circle of friends. Keep up the great work everyone!

Signature

Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2221

Joined 2011-12-30

PM

I still go on here a lot, i just don’t post as much as i use to. I sadly don’t have any time for RPGs and that is the only thing that people post a lot on. Also a lot of the older members don’t go on anymore. I also love to see that there are so many newer members who seem to be regulars as well. Though, I miss it a lot :(

Signature

~“Even in death my you be triumphant” - Darren Shan

~ “It is only through mystery and madness that the soul is revealed” - Thomas Moore

~ “Every person has there secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a person cold when they are only sad.”  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

Things have definitely changed. I remember when we had thousands of posts a day, when we were all in the thick of things and keeping up was nearly a full time job!

Things may be slower now, but it’s fun all the same!

Signature

Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.