Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

HELLO THERE!

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-07-12

PM

Dear Darren Shan,
What a pleasure to write (or rather, type) to you! I am quite a huge fan of yours and I am glad you can take the effort and time to read these messages. Thankyou!
Your writing has always inspired me, and your books are intriguing! My mother has read the series around ten times! ‘I will never tire of hearing about Vancha!’ She just quoted. I am going to show her this if a reply surfaces!
So, if you don’t mind, I have a question. I have heard rumors that there is a ‘Shanville’ hotel. Is this correct? I am fairly hoping it might be! My name is @MeAndMySnape on facebook, and I believe you have tweeted me a couple of times. In which I most probably would have screamed the house down.
Thank you for reading this message, any response would be fantastic. My mother would like that very much!
Yours Sincerely,
Abigail Palmer.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2010-01-04

PM

Hi Abigail,

Vancha was one of my faves too! I based him on a character in a David Eddings book in The Belgariad!!

I think there are probably quite a few Shanville hotels and B&Bs; around the world (there’s certainly one near the place where I live), though I don’t think any of them have anything to do with my books! I did call my house Shanville, and there’s a headstone out front with the name on it!! But at the moment the only guests it plays host to are myself and the missus!!