Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

Character Admiration

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-07-12

PM

Hey Darren, thanks for giving us the opportunity to ask you some questions. I really admire your work and I look forward to any future projects.  :-)  Out of all your novels, what was your favourite character to write? I think my top favourite characters (of many) would be Steve Leopard from the DSS, and Shark from the Demonata. Both of them have very interesting traits and are fun to read.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2010-01-04

PM

Mr Crepsley was my all-time favourite character to write about—I love the fact that, with the prequel series about him, we were able to follow his life for more than 200 years and see him change and grow over the decades. I also love the characters Jebel Rum (in The Thin Executioner) and B Smith (in Zom-B), as they are characters we dislike intensely when we first meet them, but who undergo seismic changes over the course of their journeys. It’s easy to get readers to like a nice character—it’s far trickier to hold their interest in someone who believes in slavery (Jebel) or who is a borderline racist (B).

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2013-07-12

PM

WOW YOUR QUESTION IS REALLY INTELLIGENT MAK-LER! MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER IS SHARK AS WELL. WHAT WERE YOUR OTHER FAVOURITE CHARACTERS?