Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Chit Chat :: Polls :: Thread

Worse Movies EVER?! (emphatize the ever)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8167

Joined 2012-09-02

PM

^true, very true

Signature

“A tomato may be a fruit, but it is a singular fruit. A savory fruit. A fruit that has ambitions far beyond the ambitions of other fruits.” ― E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 926

Joined 2012-08-12

PM

The movie of the saga of darren shan is def the worst movie ever!!! It is nothing like the book, and what is up with that MONKEY GIRL!?! Grrrrrrr im angry :)

Signature

‘How will I ever get out of this labyrinth of suffering?’ - Alaska Young (Looking for Alaska)
‘We accept the love we think we deserve.’. - Bill (The Perks of Being a Wallflower)
‘I go to seek a Great Perhaps.’ - Francois Rabelais

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 23983

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

Sins of Blood - 25 April 2013 05:48 PM
Ebony Raven - 25 April 2013 02:38 PM

Twilight.
Not because I hate the storyline or anything, but because the movie was seriously, badly made from the books. The books are a lot better! (Or so my granddad says xD)

Charlie I will have to agree with you, twilight is rubbish, I mean Kirsten Stuart doesn’t have any emotion and vampires don’t sparkle, I used to like Twilight but then I lost interest because it was boring.

I never liked Twilight, watched the first movie and it bored me, never watched it again, watched the begging of the second grew bored, went to bed.

Long story short they bore me and there are several things wrong with the perception of the vampires, for one they are more like disco balls and makes me want to hang them from the roof while I hold a dance party.
The werewolves, while a interesting intake, lacks the physical idea of part HUMAN (considered to look mostly like a man that sprouts a fur, snout, ears and tail) part wolf and bases it mostly on the wolf side that looks like giant wolves and kinda bugs me.

But if you like it, I have no problem with that, though I would say that Kristen Stuart would need to go, her expression is too placid, again, not trying to hate on her or anything. If you like the film then okay, but I don’t. :)

Signature

Unused Account.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3241

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

^ I loved the disco ball part. And you just gave me an idea for my next Hollywood Murder Party ;)

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 152

Joined 2013-04-02

PM

Lani - 26 April 2013 08:25 PM

But my nominations for worst film (because I wish they hadn’t been made and can’t bring myself to watch them) are Human Centipede and The Dentist (1996). Eww. Just Eww. I’m pretty hardened when it comes to horrors but the thoughts of either of those makes me feel queasy.

I actually really liked both of those. c:

Signature

“I miss that unmistakable smell of leather and hair spray and cigarettes that used to attach itself to all my clothes. I miss sorting through a dozen band flyers from the night before.”

“...I became like, sick with longing to be in the past. I wanted to cry. I actually thought to myself, ‘I am from the past, aren’t I? I was someone back then, wasn’t I, God?’ I feel pain sometimes, looking at those old movies. It feels like heartbreak…”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3175

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Our Bleeding Shadow - 27 April 2013 10:39 PM
Sins of Blood - 25 April 2013 05:48 PM
Ebony Raven - 25 April 2013 02:38 PM

Twilight.
Not because I hate the storyline or anything, but because the movie was seriously, badly made from the books. The books are a lot better! (Or so my granddad says xD)

Charlie I will have to agree with you, twilight is rubbish, I mean Kirsten Stuart doesn’t have any emotion and vampires don’t sparkle, I used to like Twilight but then I lost interest because it was boring.

I never liked Twilight, watched the first movie and it bored me, never watched it again, watched the begging of the second grew bored, went to bed.

Long story short they bore me and there are several things wrong with the perception of the vampires, for one they are more like disco balls and makes me want to hang them from the roof while I hold a dance party.
The werewolves, while a interesting intake, lacks the physical idea of part HUMAN (considered to look mostly like a man that sprouts a fur, snout, ears and tail) part wolf and bases it mostly on the wolf side that looks like giant wolves and kinda bugs me.

But if you like it, I have no problem with that, though I would say that Kristen Stuart would need to go, her expression is too placid, again, not trying to hate on her or anything. If you like the film then okay, but I don’t. :)

XD, or maybe you can take a vampire skin sample and use it in a flashlight. As for the wolves I am OK with them being an actual wolf, but a horse-sized wolf is not necessary

Signature

“Even a minute of dying is better than an eternity of nothingness.”
“Out of the stakes and into the moonlight!”
“Do not curse the darkness; illuminate it.”
“One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1251

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

The wolves in Twilight aren’t actually werewolves. That’s why they look like real wolves, they are technically shape shifters and could have changed into any animal but they sort of settled on wolf a long time ago. Hence none of the werewolf changing on full moon and no one is bitten. It’s all lore heavily adapted from the Quileute tribes.

And isn’t the point of writing your own fiction that you can have your own perception on how classic tropes are portrayed? I’ve seen much more lame vampires in the world of fiction than those in Twilight (although for the record my favourite use of vampires is in Vampire Diaries).

@Taime, that’s a bit gross haha. Have you watched the sequel to THC? I refuse to stay in the room if anyone puts any of them on, I don’t even want to know.

For bad films I also hate Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as we did it for a play in school and had to watch it over and over.

Signature

? Damon - There’s no such thing as a bad idea. Only poorly executed awesome ones.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3241

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Geez people its turning from ‘‘The worst movies’’ thread to ‘‘What do you think about twilight?’’ thread. Let’s navigate in calm waters shall we? I’ll be honest, I don’t like twilight one little bit, but there’s waaaay worse. Let’s stop talking about twilight as if it were the only movie that ever came out, I’m sure we can find other stuff to laugh on :)

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1042

Joined 2010-05-19

PM

Me and my boyfriend have been having a twilight marathon lately…we watch it on Monday nights…we arn’t ‘enjoying’ them, but we arn’t hating them either

when I was young I used to love the movie Human Nature, I watched it a few weeks ago…it’s not so good anymore :’(

Signature

“people say, ‘evolution is just a theory!’ which is true, it is, and it’s good that they say that, it gives you hope, doesn’t it, hope that, maybe they feel the same way about the theory of gravity and they might just float away…” - tim minchin

Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist.
While you guys were arguing about the glass of water being half full or half empty. I drank it
Sincerely, an opportunist.

“Do I really look like a guy with a plan?” The Joker (The Dark Knight)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Sorry, I think I started the craze.

Signature

(@[email protected])    When your ready
<)    )/
  /    \
(@[email protected])    Come and get it
<(    (>
  /    \
(@[email protected])      Na na na na
~(    )~
  /    \

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

“Friday the 13th”
Where do begin? I am actually overloded.

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2013-05-06

PM

My school made us watch Shrek for 4 hours. I think it was restarted at some point. Worst movie ever. They thought we would “enjoy” it. I started playing cards with the person next to me, it was that boring. I still hate it. And about 98% of Disney films. Half the films on the planet have something to do with Disney. I hate that.

Signature

Keep smiling :)
Never give up
And always fight back.,

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-05-20

PM

Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It hardly fits the book at all. yeah. good movie basics and stuff, but has more to nothing in it to fit the book.

Signature

In the centre of the web, lush Lord Loss is all that’s left…

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2013-06-24

PM

I’m a filmmaker myself so it’s really hard for me to judge another persons work, but if I had to choose the worst film I’ve ever seen it has to be the 2008 Prom Night remake. It’s so lackluster and dull. Also the recent ‘remake’ of Night of the living dead (resurrection). I usually love low budget films but it was just bad, considering they were remaking a classic… No… Just no. :)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 603

Joined 2011-05-11

PM

Remakes usually turn out pretty bad. :\

Signature

“Your path is mine because my heart is yours.” -Malora, Ocean of Blood SoLC

Live, Laugh, Love,
Larten Crepsley.