Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Chit Chat :: Polls :: Thread

Worse Movies EVER?! (emphatize the ever)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8167

Joined 2012-09-02

PM

Ebony Raven - 25 April 2013 02:38 PM

Twilight.
Not because I hate the storyline or anything, but because the movie was seriously, badly made from the books. The books are a lot better! (Or so my granddad says xD)

Charlie I will have to agree with you, twilight is rubbish, I mean Kirsten Stuart doesn’t have any emotion and vampires don’t sparkle, I used to like Twilight but then I lost interest because it was boring.

Signature

“A tomato may be a fruit, but it is a singular fruit. A savory fruit. A fruit that has ambitions far beyond the ambitions of other fruits.” ― E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 18501

Joined 2012-06-03

PM

Sins of Blood - 25 April 2013 05:48 PM

Twilight.
Not because I hate the storyline or anything, but because the movie was seriously, badly made from the books. The books are a lot better! (Or so my granddad says xD)

Charlie I will have to agree with you, twilight is rubbish, I mean Kirsten Stuart doesn’t have any emotion and vampires don’t sparkle, I used to like Twilight but then I lost interest because it was boring.

i agree with everything said

Signature

The voice says I\‘m almost out of minutes

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Axel’s girl - 25 April 2013 11:23 PM

Twilight.

i agree with everything said

This is kinda random, but what does your signature mean?

Signature

(@[email protected])    When your ready
<)    )/
  /    \
(@[email protected])    Come and get it
<(    (>
  /    \
(@[email protected])      Na na na na
~(    )~
  /    \

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3241

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Vampires don’t spark. My dogs are as big as those ‘‘wolves.’’ What the heck, is there anyone normal in that city or is Bella’s father the village’s fool???

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

So I suppose the real question is, on the Poseidon scale, how bad is twilight?

Signature

Oldie since ‘01

“The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is Reason”- Terry Goodkind

Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

For me it goes beyond the poseidon scale XD

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 20838

Joined 2012-01-12

PM

Hehe, the films aren’t even close on the scale they’re so bad, but I get the storyline and the characters and I think the actual books are written cleverly.

Signature

Death sits in the chair opposite from me and watches. Death has no eyes, yet can see. Death knows, but has no mind. We often sit together at night. Death has one move left… I have none…

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2271

Joined 2011-07-17

PM

Bridge to Teribethia

Signature

g

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

I’ve been to Forks. Trust me, it doesn’t matter how bad it its. Forks will take what it can get.

Signature

<)    )/
  /    \
<(    (>
  /    \
~(    )~
  /    \

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1251

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

I watched Poseidon when it first came out and I can’t remember it being that bad weirdly enough. I watch vast quatities of movies (a lot of them horrors) and can say the worst one I’ve actually had the mispleasure to watch was….

Rise of the Scarecrows (2009) - Direct to video (always a good sign), random shots of people by the side of a road that don’t even seem to be part of the same film. If anyone watches the trailer (below) just remember I actually watched the entire film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irbc1sTgnaw

But my nominations for worst film (because I wish they hadn’t been made and can’t bring myself to watch them) are Human Centipede and The Dentist (1996). Eww. Just Eww. I’m pretty hardened when it comes to horrors but the thoughts of either of those makes me feel queasy.

Also, quit whaling on Twilight! There are many that are much, much worse. It isn’t a masterpiece by any accounts but it’s not unwatchable.

Signature

? Damon - There’s no such thing as a bad idea. Only poorly executed awesome ones.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

G-MAN - 26 April 2013 05:29 PM

Bridge to Teribethia

Oh my god, I know! I mean, it was a good idea, but the ending always gets me. Though it has Josh Hutcherson *fangirling out*

Signature

<)    )/
  /    \
<(    (>
  /    \
~(    )~
  /    \

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3175

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Twilight.

Wow…and I was actually thinking if I should see the first film since I only snippets. Thanks for talking me out of it, Shansters. And thank you Lani for introducing the Poseidon Scale, now I can badmouth all the bad films I find with it

Signature

“Even a minute of dying is better than an eternity of nothingness.”
“Out of the stakes and into the moonlight!”
“Do not curse the darkness; illuminate it.”
“One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Ok I’m reviewing my list. Percy Jackson and the lightning thief definetley finds a place in the list. I read the book during the Christmas period and literally fell in love with it. I’m a huge fan of Ancient Greek mythology, so yeah write something on the subject and you’ll be sure I’ll read it.

However the movie, geez where to start… what a question, from the begininning obviously. In the book the main characters are 12, in the movie, one of the characters says the school they’re attending is like the one in high school musical without the musical. What does that leave? High School. Now I’m pretty confident that you can’t be in high school if you’re 12, you might say, hey they’re geniuses…. no they aren’t, in the book ( and in the movie too, so what the hell?) they clearly remind you often that the characters seem to have mental problems ( they don’t but its a long story).

We then get to a slightly minor detail. One of the characters is supposed to be a beautiful blonde girl. What do we get? A brunette. You may say ‘‘Well it’s not that serious’’ but come on, with all the pretty blonde girls out there, is it possible you can’t get one to play that character?

Now we get to my favourite part ( Favourite is sarcastic plus I’m leaving out loads of small little things, like the fact that Percy isn’t supposed to know he’s Poseidon’s son until quite a bit in the book, while in the movie he knows even before he gets to the demigod school, which is like around chapter three or four in the book): How the hell did a guy get a super pc, a tv and a game of Call of Duty in a place where there is supposed to be NO ELECTRICITY?

I seriously stopped the movie at that and went upstairs to practice violin…

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8167

Joined 2012-09-02

PM

Dante Sparda - 27 April 2013 05:40 PM

Ok I’m reviewing my list. Percy Jackson and the lightning thief definetley finds a place in the list. I read the book during the Christmas period and literally fell in love with it. I’m a huge fan of Ancient Greek mythology, so yeah write something on the subject and you’ll be sure I’ll read it.

However the movie, geez where to start… what a question, from the begininning obviously. In the book the main characters are 12, in the movie, one of the characters says the school they’re attending is like the one in high school musical without the musical. What does that leave? High School. Now I’m pretty confident that you can’t be in high school if you’re 12, you might say, hey they’re geniuses…. no they aren’t, in the book ( and in the movie too, so what the hell?) they clearly remind you often that the characters seem to have mental problems ( they don’t but its a long story).

We then get to a slightly minor detail. One of the characters is supposed to be a beautiful blonde girl. What do we get? A brunette. You may say ‘‘Well it’s not that serious’’ but come on, with all the pretty blonde girls out there, is it possible you can’t get one to play that character?

Now we get to my favourite part ( Favourite is sarcastic plus I’m leaving out loads of small little things, like the fact that Percy isn’t supposed to know he’s Poseidon’s son until quite a bit in the book, while in the movie he knows even before he gets to the demigod school, which is like around chapter three or four in the book): How the hell did a guy get a super pc, a tv and a game of Call of Duty in a place where there is supposed to be NO ELECTRICITY?

I seriously stopped the movie at that and went upstairs to practice violin…

I just have to say I watched it all the way through and I liked it but it might be because I haven’t read the book and also in the UK you go to secondary school (which is basically high school) when you are 11 and turn 12 in your first years

Signature

“A tomato may be a fruit, but it is a singular fruit. A savory fruit. A fruit that has ambitions far beyond the ambitions of other fruits.” ― E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

^Very true but it’s set in America

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper