Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Chit Chat :: Polls :: Thread

Same-Sex Parents?

Poll: What do you think about same-sex parents?
Total Votes: 33
They’re awesome!
They’re ok, I just think it’s weird.
I don’t want to have to talk to my kids about them!
Ew, disgusting!
I don’t know!
Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 480

Joined 2012-01-01

PM

Well I won’t never believe it becuz I see it as a deception by lier doctors who are keeping people in the “dept slaves” level for the elite33.hey guys jlet’s forget what i said.

Signature

Careful with that axe, Eugene.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2235

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

On topic folks!

I personally have no issues with it. A child can grow up “normal” with a single patent as Mother/Father or two parents of the same gender. I could see the child having some potentially awkward questions when they are old enough to understand the concept. But there are ways to tastefully explain it to children. While it may be hard for a Woman to have the “Boy” talk with her son(s) it’s the same for male to female children. But, if they have a same gendered role model, or even physician to ask those questions to, or a really comfortable parent, then it’s fine, if maybe a touch awkward.

I do agree with Deon on the point of IVF over adoption. While biological children are nice, a lot of children could benefit from a stable family, heterosexual or otherwise.

Signature

~*~Member 01’ - Mod 10’~*~
          Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

~*~13/11/2010//27/03/2014~*~

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

Melorin313 - 25 August 2013 09:23 PM

Well I won’t never believe it becuz I see it as a deception by lier doctors who are keeping people in the “dept slaves” level for the elite33.hey guys jlet’s forget what i said.

The thing about the Truth is that it remains true regardless of whether or not you choose to believe it.

Graf makes some good points!

Signature

Oldie since ‘01

“The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is Reason”- Terry Goodkind

Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator

Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

Their should be another category saying they’re okay but that it’s not weird

Signature

Lord loss’ Evil twin ME

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3807

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

I think it’s unnatural but love comes in many forms. There are many people like this in our society’s, so I would still give them respect as long as they give me respect. Their nice people, my step mom has a gay brother, he’s a nice guy. I wouldn’t judge them by who they are.

Signature