How did you all stumble upon Shan?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 18676

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

Read it in my english classes last year, thought it was a great book then got my mum to order all the books for me! :)
don’t you find it strange how everyone has somehow managed to find this website, i dunno how i stumbled across this site, must have googled darren shan and clicked it :L

Signature

It’s the Demons in my head that Comfort me at night.

Maybe we’re all mad here.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2271

Joined 2011-07-17

PM

I never really liked reading, but when my dad bought me Demon Thief. I was truely mesmerised. I bought Lord Loss after, and then re-read demon thief and then the rest. Exept from Bec, havnt got around to that one yet.

Signature

g

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2015-09-20

PM

I was thirty, (yes, I’m a late bloomer, but I wasn’t into vampires when I was in school) I was watching the FX show “American Horror Story: Freak Show”, and I had found that freak shows are scary things, and I had wanted to read about a freak show that had something that other freak shows didn’t. It turns out, the freak show in these stories had a vampire and a spider, and I had been into vampires for a couple of years. I had read other vampire books such as “Twilight”, but they always portrayed vampires in the same way. I had wanted to read books where vampires were different than that. When I read Darren’s books on vampires and the myths the character with the same name debunked, I was hooked. This is the first vampire series where vampires drink human blood without killing the human. That seemed interesting, as other vampire authors found that impossible. Even now as I have finished reading the Saga, I still don’t see vampires the way I did before I read “A Living Nightmare”. Thank you, Darren. Thank you for changing my perspective on vampires forever.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2015-09-20

PM

And, I had found good things about the movie when I saw it on television despite the bad reviews. I had even asked for it for Christmas, and I got it.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2010-05-05

PM

An uncle bought me the Vampire Blood trilogy of Cirque du Freak, back in, oh say around 2005.

Signature

- AKA Demonate.