Total Posts: 465

Joined 2010-06-19

PM

vampetz - 07 August 2010 04:17 PM

@Graf: True devotion :)

a

Agreeed. :L

Signature

to die by your side is such a heavenly way to die.
(8) ;)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2235

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

I’d always wanted a tattoo for as long as I can remember. My Dad has two small ones and I just liked the way they looked. Originally I wanted the Demonata logo on one wrist, and the CDF on the other. But after working with a tattoo shop they basically told me that they where too intricate to do on such a small location. So after a long while of working with the material we had, and modifying them continually we finally had a design. I really wanted something for each book, but I also like symmetry and having something on each wrist that is different after seeing it in marker looked off.

While I have the tattoos based of Demonata, I eventually would like to get one based of CDF, but that will be a while off. While I am really happy with the design, they are not too big, not too small and they do need to be touched up because of the location the way they where moved during healing the scabs pulled some of the colour. While they are exact from the books, it’s better that way so I do not infringe on copy wright laws but anyone who really knows the books will know where they are from.

These are the final results.

Image Attachments

02500.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Signature

~*~Member 01’ - Mod 10’~*~
          Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

~*~13/11/2010//27/03/2014~*~

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-06-19

PM

I’d like Jebel Rum’s Questing Tattoo. (:

I’ve always like Shark’s tattoo’s aswell. The Sharkhead between his thumb and pointing finger, and the letters S-H-A-R-K between his knucles. :D

Signature

(8) ;)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 896

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

I think it’d be really savage to get the Questing Tattoo, ‘cause no one’d know what it was from or what it mean, but then again tattoo’s are meant to hurt and I’m not big on the whole pain thing :P

Signature

“Life is meaningless, life is empty. When we take a life, we take nothing of value.” - Durzo Blint

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 797

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

I did wonder Graf: Are you actually into chess or…?

I have the saga logo tattooed on my back too :) Its pretty…

Signature

Definition-
Leah* [Leee-aaaah]:

A deviously devious prehistoric-squirrel-like creature with stalkerish tendencies, tending towards moderation of forums and drinking of much tea.

May occasionally appear to change forms. Do not be fooled as this is generally accepted to be a combination of facepaint and latex.

*If seen, approach with severe caution. May be hazardous to your sanity, and any tea in the nearby vicinity.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 162

Joined 2010-05-04

PM

I’d been searching for an awesome horror for like a year. and i went into a small corner shop. they had quite a lot but i just thought lord loss looked the best. so i got it this was like 2006 by the way. my mum said i’d found an obsession XD. wherever i went i took that book lol. and i finished it in 3 days so kinda spoiled it for myself really. then i found demon thief and went from there really. soon got to cirque du freak. i was most excited about demon apocylypse becuase blood beast had the most suspensive ending i think i’ve ever read lol. I used to come on here just for the monthly but then i got chatty XD. I was over the moon when i heard about the movie. went to see it and i was jumping up and down as i went inside the cinema XD

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 176

Joined 2010-05-15

PM

If I get any tattoo (which I am verrrry doubtful, I will) I think it’d have to be the Questing tattoo as well :P There is so much significance in it.

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2010-08-05

PM

I came accros Lord Loss staring up at me from a box at a car boot sale, now I am obsessed with this brilliant writer!!

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

Leah - I’ve always liked the game, I’m not too bad at it either. My Dad is where my interest started, being in the Miliary Dad has traveled a fair bit and would bring home fancy sets from places he’d been and I always wanted to know what they where so when I was old enough not to break the peices and understand the basics he taught me. So, in short - yes, I’d been a bit of a chess fan before Demonata.

As for Tattoos, I didn’t find that it hurt, in fact it was kind of more relaxing. To me, I found it felt more like a warm sensation than painfull. But I also suppose it would depend on where it is being done, and your tolerance for pain.

Signature

Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-04

PM

listen. the only place you can get a good tattoo ileagally and cheaper is benidorm. belive me. i saw a seven year old getting a pony with rainbows on her arm. bet you she’ll regret that when she is older XD. i never want a tattoo. the things i hear they can cuase freaks me out XD.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

I doubt that. And even IF it was true, you should NOT choose your tattoo artist based on cheap price and legality.

I spent quite a while looking at shops in my area looking at everything from price, quality, reviews, certificates, the shop its self and the fact that I was able to have a sit down with the shop staff and go over everything I wanted to know. They answered every question I had, worked with me to finalise the design, location and all aspects. They went over the care of the tattoo, the touch up process and they even put a one year grantee on the work in case of bleeding colours, fading and mistakes made by the artist. (Obviously if the damage was my fault, they wouldn’t cover it.)

While a lot of people have/like tattoos, I would not recommend getting one just because. IF you want one, make sure you exactly what you want, where you want it, and really, really think about it. Even when you are done and are waiting to get the work done re think it. Is this something that you want on your body for the rest of your life? Is this something that fits with your life style and where you want to go in life? Are you really going to want a fad design that was cool in your twenties in your thirties? A tattoo is a lot of consideration and is not something you should choose half heatedly or rashly.

Now I know some of you are reading this and going “Well, I can always get it removed.” Yes, you can get it removed, but it costs almost 10 times more than it did to get the tattoo, the more intricate the work the darker the colours and the size of the work all make it harder to remove the tattoo and it will not always work. Even if you do have a small design with light colours the removal process will leave scaring.

So even after all of that, a tattoo should be well thought out.

Anyhow, back on topic before I am called out on it and considered a hypocrite.

Signature

Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-04

PM

let me just say this one teeny tiny thing. I totally agree. i just thought while we were on the subject of tattoos i thought i’d bring it up. I was lmao at that kid though poor thing, her parents allowed that? shame on them. yeah sorry back to subject.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-06-19

PM

Yeah, agreed Grafin. I know I’d like a rose tattooed somewhere on my body, with something saying about Respect for the Soldiers, seeing as my Grandad and Uncle has died in war or things like that.

Though, I would also like a small tattoo of my own choice. I’d never get a tattoo that was massive, and would look ridiculously out of place like some people do. (No offence)

and, Shanester… I think you’re on about these stands that are unpermenant tattoo’s. I’ve had several. THey wash off after a week or so… Noone would tattoo a child, and no parent would let their child have something like that, unless the child was abused and so on…

Signature

(8) ;)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-04

PM

might have been. but don’t they have like a needle thing? when they’re real ones i mean

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

Alright guys, On topic, if you wold like to speak about Tattoos, please create another topic on it.

Signature

Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.