Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Books :: Zom-B :: Thread

The Owl Man’s Possible Identiy (Spoiler)

Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2012-10-19

PM

I was thinking maybe the Owl Man is B Smith’s Grandfather? He did say he know B since she was a child and it seems Todd Smith had been in contact with with his possible father. I read a line from The Thin Executioner, Tel Hesani said to Jebel Rum What if Qsar Bint was his father would he only listen to his warped teaching only for a sense of duty?”. Does this applies to Todd Smith and the Owl Man? Is he the one who raised Todd Smith as a racist, etc? I mean there are similarity with The Thin Executioner and Zom-B. The Owl Man may seem nice and polite, and we all know in Darren Shan’s book it can mean a facade. It seems the Owl Man had some connection with the Zombies did he tell/order Todd Smith to save B Smith his possible granddaughter? The only way we can know of his identity is to wait for the next books. What do you think about the idea?

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-10-17

PM

It is an interesting theory! but if it is so and the owl man did want Todd to save B then why didn’t he go himself seem as though he can command the zombies. Also I think of the zombies as an army with owl man at the head, the “mutants” like the generals or squad leaders and then the zombies as the common soldiers. I think the owl man is just crazy and wants to kill everyone :p But there will be an interesting story to him I think !

Signature

RIP Wester Flack

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2011-02-21

PM

Wow , that blew my mind, I’ve not read the Thin Executioner but that really makes a lot of sense. Maybe The ” Owl Man ” is part of the family like you said could be a grandfather. He reminds me of Mr. Tiny from ” The Darren Shan Saga” They are quite similar in ways , the glasses, the hair, the way they talk (( Just going by the descriptions and pictures. )) But I do get the idea he’s evil but the again in the beginning it makes me think he’s good since he did give mercy to the boy in the first chapter (( kinda)) by killing him .

The “mutants” I think are the other babies from the injection B got as a baby which is why I think they listened to him to give the baby back. This could explain a few things like the dreams about the babies with sharp teeth and why the ” Owl man ” is interested in her ... I was creeped out why he blew her a kiss….

But if he was a grandfather wouldn’t B’s dad have said when he came to vist ? He does say he was an “ Old friend ” so maybe he’s not a grandfather BUT I do think that he could be B’s Godfather.

Signature

The Vampaneze are my children *Laughs*

Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2012-10-19

PM

Vampaneze Mistress - 20 October 2012 05:46 PM

Wow , that blew my mind, I’ve not read the Thin Executioner but that really makes a lot of sense. Maybe The ” Owl Man ” is part of the family like you said could be a grandfather. He reminds me of Mr. Tiny from ” The Darren Shan Saga” They are quite similar in ways , the glasses, the hair, the way they talk (( Just going by the descriptions and pictures. )) But I do get the idea he’s evil but the again in the beginning it makes me think he’s good since he did give mercy to the boy in the first chapter (( kinda)) by killing him .

The “mutants” I think are the other babies from the injection B got as a baby which is why I think they listened to him to give the baby back. This could explain a few things like the dreams about the babies with sharp teeth and why the ” Owl man ” is interested in her ... I was creeped out why he blew her a kiss….

But if he was a grandfather wouldn’t B’s dad have said when he came to vist ? He does say he was an “ Old friend ” so maybe he’s not a grandfather BUT I do think that he could be B’s Godfather.

He does remind of Desmond Tiny, Lord Loss, and Qasr Bint. Maybe his kind act is like Steve Leonard’s act or Lord Loss’s evil kindness. Who knows I guess the only way we can find out more is the sequels.

I think when the Mutants tries to kidnap the Indian baby maybe they want to kidnap them and try to turn them into one of them by using the C injections just like with B Smith. When Todd Smith mention everyone was once a baby it makes me think that maybe he had some connection with the Zombie Outbreak, the Mutants, Lynne Reed Smart Zombie, and the Owl Man. Burke said Lynne Reed and Todd Smith are modern day fascist maybe he works or against them. The Mutants were probably once kidnapped babies raised to become what they are now. I also agree with the injections.  Maybe the Mutants are a type of Zombies just like with Vampire and Vampaneze or like the Demonata with a Demon Master and Familiar . Maybe Lynne Reed is a type of superior Zombie then than the Mutants judging from the Mutant’s sores, etc.  I hope Darren Shan make an interesting name for Zombies.

Maybe Todd Smith tells B Smith that his father is like or an old friend or something like that or maybe he’s lying to B Smith. I mean he is a racist, and violent bully so lying is probably one of them. You might be right about the Godfather but I hope it’s grandfather I mean he can reveal to B Smith and said “B, I am your grandfather.” just like with Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. Maybe another Star Wars reference since the author did use it at from The Saga of Darren Shan series and The Demonata series.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1380

Joined 2012-04-25

PM

Maybe a person who has gotten the injection is immune to the zombie bite. They will of course turn into one if they’re bitten but they won’t become mindless beasts. The ‘Mutants’ are probably people who were injected and later attacked by zombies or perhaps they have something to do with book 2 (I know something).

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-11-17

PM

*spoiler* maybe this is a different path of destiny and the owl man is mr.Tall if he were like his father

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 18676

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

I need to re-read the book. being the idiot that I am, I got myself confused reading it (not focusing when reading) and I read B from a guy’s point of view, then it said she was a girl and I was like o.O *facepalm* so yeah.

but anyway, I reacon the owl man may be the guy from the beginning of the book. the guy that none of the zombies went near, and who killed the boy.

Signature

It’s the Demons in my head that Comfort me at night.

Maybe we’re all mad here.

Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2012-11-22

PM

Yeah, after reading most of the book thinking that B was a boy (the illustrations didn’t help) it was weird thinking of B as a girl. I’m going to read the book again as well.

Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2012-11-22

PM

Walker11 - 19 October 2012 08:09 PM

I was thinking maybe the Owl Man is B Smith’s Grandfather? He did say he know B since she was a child and it seems Todd Smith had been in contact with with his possible father. I read a line from The Thin Executioner, Tel Hesani said to Jebel Rum What if Qsar Bint was his father would he only listen to his warped teaching only for a sense of duty?”. Does this applies to Todd Smith and the Owl Man? Is he the one who raised Todd Smith as a racist, etc? I mean there are similarity with The Thin Executioner and Zom-B. The Owl Man may seem nice and polite, and we all know in Darren Shan’s book it can mean a facade. It seems the Owl Man had some connection with the Zombies did he tell/order Todd Smith to save B Smith his possible granddaughter? The only way we can know of his identity is to wait for the next books. What do you think about the idea?

Yes! Same with the saga of Darren Shan!  Desmond Tiny had his kids grow up with different parents.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 18676

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

R443d - 22 November 2012 09:31 PM

Yeah, after reading most of the book thinking that B was a boy (the illustrations didn’t help) it was weird thinking of B as a girl. I’m going to read the book again as well.

that’s exactly what I said I was going to do. I was like ‘right, now I’m totally gonig to have to read this all again from a girl’s point of view’ and I’m definitely going to look a the illustrations in more detail.

Signature

It’s the Demons in my head that Comfort me at night.

Maybe we’re all mad here.

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-04-24

PM

I think Owl man is the main villain like Lord Loss/Des Tiny

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 128

Joined 2013-05-19

PM

I think that Mr Dowling the main enemy because he sort of controls Owl man

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3807

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

R443d - 22 November 2012 09:31 PM

Me too Until the end when Todd was calling for his “daughter”. Then I thought he was just calling B a girl to be mean.

Signature