Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 5455

Joined 2010-07-20

PM

^No its not OTT…many many adult books have sex scenes :O

Signature

“Before you begin I must warn you… nothing here… is vegetarian” Hannibal Lecter - Hannibal

“We are Groot”

“We have to keep moist… we absolutely have to”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2271

Joined 2011-07-17

PM

:O DUN DUN DUN

Signature

g

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-07-20

PM

^But its true :P you can read an adult book if you want lol thats sounded weird

Signature

“Before you begin I must warn you… nothing here… is vegetarian” Hannibal Lecter - Hannibal

“We are Groot”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-07-17

PM

IKR. And I wont, cuz its got THAT init. :/

Signature

g

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-07-20

PM

Lol ahahaha :/ okay your choice

Signature

“We are Groot”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-07-17

PM

Um you could try Ebay

Signature

g

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2235

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

It depends on you personally, The books are intended for 16+ according to my local book seller. But of you are mature enough to comprehend adult situations, mature language, graphic content (Much more graphic than in CDF or Demonata), and inappropriate treatment and references to genders and ethnic groups (Nothing too sever, but the books cover what would have been the social norm for the time period setting, and references to oppressive history), than give it a go.

The original print of the first two books that came out in 2000ish, are a bit more harsh than the edits, but the re-releases are still good. If you are considering this as a read, I would give a a general age recommendation based on the maturity of kids I see now-a-days of at least 15, or a very mature 14 year old, and that may be pushing it a bit.

Most local book sellers would stock the re-prints for reasonable prices, if you’re looking for the originals, good luck, they are far and few between, and moderately to very expensive, as they are considered rare-ish and not many were printed/survived.

Signature

~*~Member 01’ - Mod 10’~*~
          Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

~*~13/11/2010//27/03/2014~*~

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-07-20

PM

Thanks Graf, you see I was confused because they are in the young adult section over here and people on the website say the books are for adults soo yeah… thanks :)

Signature

“We are Groot”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2235

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

Young adult typically refers to those form about 16-25, but again, that can vary from place to place. Most commonly, I see it referring to teens.. It depends on were you go. Canada considers a young adult 16-25, but I know in countries such as Costa Rica, they consider young adult to be 13-21.

Like I said, if you can handle mature situations, understand them and are comfortable with them, then the books are a good read, if not, I suggest waiting a while.

Signature

~*~Member 01’ - Mod 10’~*~
          Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

~*~13/11/2010//27/03/2014~*~

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2221

Joined 2011-12-30

PM

I have read some adult books like, The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, so I will definetally give this book a try.

Signature

~“Even in death my you be triumphant” - Darren Shan

~ “It is only through mystery and madness that the soul is revealed” - Thomas Moore

~ “Every person has there secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a person cold when they are only sad.”  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 15119

Joined 2011-12-08

PM

I read this series and loved it! I definitely recommend reading it. If you don’t feel comfortable reading the more explicit parts then you can skip over them. Their really short.

Signature

Doors are for people with no imagination.

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-08-19

PM

Im reading it and I am 11….Its pretty good and I am on the second chapter…...  I can’t stop reading it!!!! <3333333

Signature

~Even in Death may I be Tiumphant~

Live, Love, Laugh,
and ?Bec McConn?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 128

Joined 2013-05-19

PM

I loved it and I`m not an adult!

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2013-06-02

PM

I havent read them but my dad reads them

Signature

Meh.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3175

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

I read a sample and I say that a high schooler can give them a go if they feel comfortable with the mature topics

Signature

“Even a minute of dying is better than an eternity of nothingness.”
“Out of the stakes and into the moonlight!”
“Do not curse the darkness; illuminate it.”
“One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.”