Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Books :: The Thin Executioner :: Thread

Ending????

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-12-03

PM

I loved the thin executioner but i think the ending went by a little quickly. The build up was so great though!! The ending-a bit dissapointing. am i the only one who thinks this?

Signature

I turned back the the figure. There stood Lazarus, his black hair and cloak whipping in the wind around him. He clutched a bloodied dagger in his hand and smiled a wicked smile. “ Say good-bye, Ivan Hart”
Ivan Hart, Soul Reaper

Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2011-06-28

PM

I thought iit was quite predictable. from tthe beginning I guessed the point of the story was that Jebel would not kill Tel Hesani(though I didn’t know that he would gain the power by not killing.) Also that he would choose Bastina over Debat.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 18676

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

I didn’t think he’s kill Tel, i though he might have tried to take him back and set him free with his family and pretend that he killed him - that is if the god wasn’t there. And I had a feeling he’d get with Bas. I prefer the new Jebal to the old one… how old do you think he was, he said he was a child be he couldn’t have been too young. :L

Signature

It’s the Demons in my head that Comfort me at night.

Maybe we’re all mad here.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 176

Joined 2011-03-27

PM

i think jebel should have killed some ppl, like ones who murdered or something instead of never killing, but otherwise i think it was the best book ive ever read :)

Signature

Only ever turn your back on a corpse!  - Vanez Blane

Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2012-11-22

PM

cal3b135 - 18 October 2012 02:48 PM

i think jebel should have killed some ppl, like ones who murdered or something instead of never killing, but otherwise i think it was the best book ive ever read :)

Yeah ikr, it’s still one of my favourite books but I hated the ending (Like most books by Darren Shan)

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-12-28

PM

I like the ending it had some nice twists in it. I didn’t expect Jebel to refuse slitting tel hasanis throat. I thought last second the slave would talk him into it.
I knew bas and jebel would get together from the first chapter.
I loved the final execution thing because I really wasn’t expecting that.
I wish that jebel would have told the shape shifting woman thing that he broke his quest by travelling on deaths boat.
I wanted more time for him and the shapeshifter to talk.
But the thing I wanted most was death collecting jebels soul! Deaths part in this story was completely pointless and the only way it would have been justified was if jebel died of old age and his old friend came to collect his soul and they chatted about what had happened as they sailed down the river. I think Darren meant to put it in and was up against a deadline and forgot :(

(sorry it’s all a bit listy IPod crashed and had to rewrite it)