Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

The SAGA of Darren Shan curoiusness

Poll: Who wants a spider like Madam Octa?!
Total Votes: 16
Soooo comletely and utterly!!
It would be quite nice...
Eh, wouldn’t bother me either way.
Ew! no way!
Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2010-06-07

PM

Okay, firstly, I’d like to say thank you!!!! you are the awesomest Author i have ever read the books of!!! Along with Erin Hunter… anyway to the question. I’d recently, on my birthday, (2nd June) Got your whole set of the Darren Shan SAGA (the new covers much to my dismay) and have not stopped reading them, i was reading book eight when i started to wonder, where were thy set? And the Demonata ones as well (of which i have read up to Demon Apocalypse which i can’t seem to find anywhere and need to buy from Bec onwards, i feel so behind!) were they set in places in the real world? or were the places made up? I’m curious… also, how did you come up with Madam Octa?! you have increased my want for a spider and a snake and my parents STILL won’t let me!

Signature

“and like a sliver of deadly murcury, he attacked.”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 797

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

Darren has always said that he deliberately didn’t set the books anywhere so that wherever you live, you can sort of imagine that its where you are, or wherever you want it to be.

Signature

Definition-
Leah* [Leee-aaaah]:

A deviously devious prehistoric-squirrel-like creature with stalkerish tendencies, tending towards moderation of forums and drinking of much tea.

May occasionally appear to change forms. Do not be fooled as this is generally accepted to be a combination of facepaint and latex.

*If seen, approach with severe caution. May be hazardous to your sanity, and any tea in the nearby vicinity.