Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Chit Chat :: General Chit Chat :: Thread

Wow, it’s been a while…!

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2013-10-09

PM

I finally managed to track down my old account!! I had another (Duckeh Ver Leth I think? I had a cute and rather ‘poetic’ signature on that account) however I think I lost the password to a defunct email before making this account in ~2013…
Bloody hell, how weird it is. I read the books when I was 12 (a year before I started high school). I’m now about to go into my final year of university! It’s been a blast being able to look back at old posts… I read one where I’d written that my dream vampire appearance would be to have ‘long, white-blonde hair’. Funnily enough all these years later I finally have it, haha!

I’ve had a little look around, it’s quite interesting to see a few members who I remember interacting with also coming back/making new posts. (I still remember so many of you all… Snow, Bayonetta, 1864Vampire, Dante Sparda, Grafin Drachen, Klashta Neali….) I’m tempted to change a few things up/properly revive this account but it’s also quite cool to have it as a time capsule for little teenage me!

Perhaps it’s because it’s the wee hours of the morning as I’m writing this but I’d be lying if I didn’t admit I’m a bit emotional right now!. These forums/Darren’s books were really one of the biggest parts of my pre/teenage years. They were really what sparked my creativity and desire to write! I managed to search up one of my fanfics about Mika, who I had a more-than-slight obsession with… ‘Ver Leth’ used to be my last name on Facebook!  I made up an oc who was his sister, her name was ‘Starling Moon’ or something funny like that… I remember writing the fic down in a notebook somewhere, I wonder if my parents still have it…(Hilariously enough the first guy I ever had a proper crush on shared a lot of similarities with him… Perhaps I’ve really just always had a thing for guys with long black hair?)...

So there we have it! I have no idea if anyone/who will read this, but it’s been lovely to get all my thoughts down. My younger brother has now read the books - he’s 12, funnily enough the same age I was when I first read them. He’s ‘inherited’ my collection while I’ve been at uni, although I really should give them a re-read this summer when I have time.

I think I’ll keep coming back to have a little look at if anything’s happening. It’d be nice to be active around here again :)

Signature

Just a big ball of wibbley-wobbley, timey-wimey… Stuff

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3240

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Yo! I sort of remember your old username! Sorry if it kinda sounds cold but at this point it’s been like what, four years since there’ve been any ongoing threads? Eh nice times back then, life was definitely easier, how’ve you been?
I’d also love it if this place revived itself a bit, it really is a time capsule of sorts isn’t it? Some time ago, I searched around for some of my old posts and really cringed but it was fun in a way. Some things have definitely changed since then and others have stayed the same really. Kinda feel like I toned down the angst and black humor and just grew up really. The funny thing is, I can pretty much recall what I was thinking about or feeling like when I posted the majority of my posts and wonder how much I’ve really grown.  Back then this site felt like the only place where I could escape, never really been the super popular kid at school, so I’d spend my breaks in my school’s library and read, until I found the Demonata series and eventually this site. Suddenly I started to look forwards at the thought of breaks because I knew I could reply on an rpg or start a thread and spend what would’ve been lonely hours with company, in some way. That, and there was generally always something interesting going on anyways so I was always looking forwards to sparing some time for this place. It was fun coming up with my Dante persona as opposed to my regular everyday self. I wasn’t bullied or anything, but I never felt like I “belonged” with anyone else I had at the time (a trait I suppose will accompany forever at this point), but here I felt like I was an integral part of the community and met people similar to me at the time. I felt like a superstar in some way. Enough with the sentimental stuff, never been much for it as “Baby Dante” and definitely not a fan of it as “Uncle Dante”.

Uncle Dante….kinda like it. Has a nice ring to it. Might go by it if the forums miraculously repopulate.

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2235

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

I’m still here, and I’m fairly certain I remember that name.

I refuse to look at my old posts… Back in the day, I was young, wild, and uh…. yeah.. I was still in highschool, so, that should tell you everything you need to know…

Now, i’m pushing 30, homeowner, steady full time job, getting married…

What happened… 0.o

Signature

~*~Member 01’ - Mod 10’~*~
          Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

~*~13/11/2010//27/03/2014~*~

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2010-10-07

PM

Yeah, It’s certainly been a while. I thought I’d lost this account but I managed to find the login details. Back when I was posting on this site I was still in Secondary school and I hadn’t finished my GCSE’s, I was in a bad place mentally but the messageboard was one of the small joys in my life. I was closeted and depressed with hardly any friends and I hated my family.

I’ve finished college, got a best friend who I met in college, came out as pansexual and transgender, finished college and got a few jobs before I ended up here at my first year of University doing I course that I enjoy.

I’ve got more of a support network of friends and while I’m still working on my mental health it’s certainly improved since I was last on here.

I still remember some of the older members on here and I have a lot of memories attached to this site, sad to see it slowly fade and drop into obscurity but I suppose messageboards have died a little but it’s nice to look back on this and see how I was back then and how far I’ve come, along with all the memories attached, it’s nice to just be writing this post because it takes me back a little.

Signature

Happiness is like glass. It may be all around you, yet be invisible, but if you change your angle of viewing a little then it will reflect light more beautifully than any other object around you- Lelouch Vi Britannia