Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Chit Chat :: General Chit Chat :: Thread

Free Gaza flotilla of humanitarian aid ships attacked last night by Isreali forces

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2010-05-31

PM

On Saturday morning a flotilla of ships from around the world left Cyprus carrying humanitarian aid, and sailed toward Gaza with the aim of breaking through the Gaza blockade and delivering these supplies to the people who are under siege there. Last night these ships, while in international waters, came under unprovoked attack by official Israeli forces:  (taken from http://www.freegaza.org/)

Under darkness of night, Israeli commandoes dropped from a helicopter onto the Turkish passenger ship, Mavi Marmara, and began to shoot the moment their feet hit the deck. They fired directly into the crowd of civilians (who were) asleep.

This is not the first time that the Free Gaza organisation has attempted to break through the blockade, and they have been both succesful and unsuccesful on a number of occassions. These boats often carry high profile members of society, such as famous sports personalities, members of various parliaments, and celebrities to deter the israeli forces from harming any crew members who attempt to deliver supplies to the Palestinians. However it now seems as if they have no shame. In my local newspaper, it is reported that 19 people were murdered and 50 out of 80 people have been wounded.

I am stunned. This is a disgrace.

Rank

Joined 2010-05-31

PM

No need to be cheeky.

Rank

Joined 2010-05-31

PM

If you have nothing to say, then please say nothing, and try not to be childish.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 797

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

Someones actually trying to have a serious and interesting discussion, Danny. Stop being cheeky and rude. Stay on topic please.

Signature

Definition-
Leah* [Leee-aaaah]:

A deviously devious prehistoric-squirrel-like creature with stalkerish tendencies, tending towards moderation of forums and drinking of much tea.

May occasionally appear to change forms. Do not be fooled as this is generally accepted to be a combination of facepaint and latex.

*If seen, approach with severe caution. May be hazardous to your sanity, and any tea in the nearby vicinity.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 316

Joined 2010-05-27

PM

I agree with you, it is a disgrace….Will that part of the world ever be at peace?  Still to attack aid ships is without a doubt a new low. Shamefull.

Signature

‘‘I am the vampire lord! I am the king of the undead! I will suck the blood from all of you!-Darren Shan-Cirque du Freak

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1251

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

It’s awful that those people were only trying to help others and got hurt or worse during the process. Makes it seem all the more amazing there are still those out there willing to put themselves in the same position to help, it’s a good thing we have some amazing people in this world.

Signature

? Damon - There’s no such thing as a bad idea. Only poorly executed awesome ones.

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2010-05-29

PM

it really awful. people is trying to help other people thats so good. so if this is good why do they attack them and kill people in the ships thats 100% unfaire and wrong

Signature

life is like a game u can win or it will win u

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

This is why people need to stop tiptoeing around Israel and letting them get away with what are essentially acts of war. What are they going to do next? The Israelis seem to be getting worse over time as opposed to better.

Signature

Oldie since ‘01

“The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is Reason”- Terry Goodkind

Friendly Neighbourhood Moderator