Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 316

Joined 2010-05-27

PM

.......anyone see it???

Signature

‘‘I am the vampire lord! I am the king of the undead! I will suck the blood from all of you!-Darren Shan-Cirque du Freak

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2010-05-19

PM

Never even heard of it. Sorry :/

Signature

BaNaNnA cRaZy XD

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-27

PM

Well Good! Because it is total crap!  :lol:

Signature

‘‘I am the vampire lord! I am the king of the undead! I will suck the blood from all of you!-Darren Shan-Cirque du Freak

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2010-05-19

PM

Hahaha! okie dokie

Signature

BaNaNnA cRaZy XD

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 193

Joined 2010-05-29

PM

never herd of it either sorry

Signature

Take me away from all this death! - Mina Harker (Dracula)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-27

PM

Wow you dont know how much your brightening my heart, by not knowing about it haha! Woorst competition ever!

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 193

Joined 2010-05-29

PM

haha you got that right

Signature

Take me away from all this death! - Mina Harker (Dracula)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1042

Joined 2010-05-19

PM

i saw snippits of it…but only really during the breaks of BGT reallie then i had to teach a dance class…no offence to anyone frm germany…but they wern’t that good in my opinion.

n haha UK (me) came dead last…we suck so bad!! :lol:

Signature

“people say, ‘evolution is just a theory!’ which is true, it is, and it’s good that they say that, it gives you hope, doesn’t it, hope that, maybe they feel the same way about the theory of gravity and they might just float away…” - tim minchin

Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist.
While you guys were arguing about the glass of water being half full or half empty. I drank it
Sincerely, an opportunist.

“Do I really look like a guy with a plan?” The Joker (The Dark Knight)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-27

PM

Danny - 31 May 2010 09:15 AM

It used to be pretty entertaining when you were younger. But the songs all suck, the results are biased. UK comes last almost every year!

Yeah I’v noticed that with the UK :lol:  It is a lousy Competition IMO. And the styles of music some of the countrys come out with….its like their stuck in a 1990’s time warp

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1042

Joined 2010-05-19

PM

france have the same singer like every year and no offence to her but she has a really scary voice lol…and can’t sing!!  :angry:  it’s sorta annoying

Signature

“people say, ‘evolution is just a theory!’ which is true, it is, and it’s good that they say that, it gives you hope, doesn’t it, hope that, maybe they feel the same way about the theory of gravity and they might just float away…” - tim minchin

Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist.
While you guys were arguing about the glass of water being half full or half empty. I drank it
Sincerely, an opportunist.

“Do I really look like a guy with a plan?” The Joker (The Dark Knight)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 799

Joined 2010-06-02

PM

Ok Eurovision, for those non-Europeans amoung us is a singing contest started up sometime in the late 1950’s I believe (it’s late I want to get to bed but need to reply to this first for reasons known not even to myself and so have no inclination to look it up) as a friendly way of competing each other and designed to increase foreign relations particularly since memories of WW2 were still rather fresh in people’s minds at the time. Starting off with just 8 or 9 countries, I believe it was, each country would in turn sing a song and the other countries would judge each other solely on the performance given on the night and the winner would then have the honour of hosting the next contest. As more and more countries joined in and it became more popular the rules were changed so that you had semi-finals to knock out certain countries to stop the show from simply going on for too long and boring everyone and the winner of the previous year is excepted from this as they are hosting. In reality 4 (the UK, France, Spain and I forget the 4th, possibly Germany) go through automatically due to the amount of money that they put into the competition each year (not sure what happens if 1 of the said 4 countries win). Now as more and more countries have joined Europe and Eurovision itself voting (for some reason) has become very political (there was always a political element to it but never as bad as in recent years) and due to us going to war with Iraq we became rather unpopular with the more eastern European countries and so lost a lot of votes because of that, the fact that we had a load of lowsy entries didn’t exactly help matters at all really.

And whilst I’ll tend to not like the style of music thrown up at Eurovision you’ll tend to get 1 or 2 tracks that I’ll like and it’s always a good laugh anyway. I will admit that losing Terry Wogan as commentator is a bit of a blow really as far as I’m concerned but that’s just personal preference. But on the whole if you stip the show back to its bare bones it’s just a good bit of fun where we get to laugh at the foreigners once a year and they get to laugh at us in return, politics has just ruined the whole thinking behind why it was started in the first place.

I hope this makes sense and is accurate, if it not let me know and I’ll alter it when I have had some sleep and don’t have revision on my mind.

Signature

Fan since 2000, member since summer 2008 and as insane as ever! :p