The Only Limit Is Your Own Imagination

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

“Ah,” she smiled. “Valence. I’m named Valence.” She bustled around the little kitchen for a few minutes before looking over her shoulder through a fringe of pink hair. “So, Rei, what happened to you? Nobody’s really just born on the streets, or hardly ever. And I doubt you were one of those few.”

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3241

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Now Rei was beginning to feel out of his confort zone.
“You’d be surprised. I was born on the streets and raised on the streets” he lied.
“As I said I don’t know why you came for me but I’m nothing special.”
Maybe he could pressure her for some answers like this.

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

She looked back over her shoulder at him again and gave a knowing smile. “Pity you should think that when we both know how untrue that is. Dinner’s almost ready, but in the meantime, do you have any other questions for me? I’m sure you must be bursting.”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

“Just a couple” said Rei.
“Who are you? Where are you from? What do you want from me?” He asked

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Valence took some time to consider her replies, to consider what Rei was ready to hear. She dished the food into bowls and set the servings down on the table along with knives and forks before taking a seat at the small round dining table. Eventually, she breathed a sigh and raised her eyes to her charge’s face.

“In answer to your first question, I’m Valence. But you already knew that. To put it simply, I’m a teleporter - that is my only skill. If you ask on a deeper nature, then I’d like to know the answer too. All I have managed to deduct about myself is that I am immortal, and older than this world and all others, yet younger than the universe.” She smiled grimly before continuing.

“I’m not sure where I’m from, but the first place I remember is here. This is where my memories begin. Back then, this was all forest and jungle, very different to the sort that’s here now. That was quite literally a few million years ago. People didn’t exist yet, and there were barely any conscious life forms on land. This world was young, as were all the others. The universe had only recently become fertile.”

Valence pondered his final question for only a moment, choosing her words carefully as she spoke. “I want to train you and guide you along your path. I remember a world I had visited, very much like your own, if not the exact same one, where people like you lived. I remember becoming almost friends with people there, and you look very much like one of them. Though,” she grinned wolfishly, “since you were born on the streets, I’m sure there’s no connection. The son of a legend wouldn’t be born on the streets. But I will help you become a legend, if you’ll let me. We only have all the time that ever was, all that is and all that will be - from this world through all infinite others.”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Things just got stranger and stranger. Sure she had answered his question but he felt as if she hadn’t. He was left with even more questions now. Two in particular.
“Son of a legend? What does that even mean? My parents were pretty ordinary” he said.
Whoops. He had fallen into a trap it seemed.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

A smug grin flashed over her face for a second. “Don’t lie to me again Rei. I’ve answered all your questions as well as I could and I do expect you to repay the favour.” She sent him a hard stare before continuing. “Well ‘son of a legend’ means that you’re offspring of someone very important. And anyway, looks can be decieving. If you saw me on the street, would you just assume I was around before your world was born? No. But hey, don’t worry about it; could just be coincidence. Now, you have till tomorrow to ask all the questions on your mind. From then, you start training. So if you have anything to say, better say it now cause I’m going to bed after this.”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

“Alright then” said Rei.
“My parents were murdered ten years ago by the two people dressed in black you’ve saved me from earlier. I don’t know why they’ve killed my parents or why they’ve been after me for all this time non stop, all I’ve ever heard them say was that my parents, were “impure”. I don’t know what that means but if my parents were anything special they certainly didn’t look like it the day they were slaughtered. Anyhow I’ve been living on the streets ever since and have been chased after by those things nearly all my life, possibly because they think I’m also “impure”. This last bit is purely conjecture from my part. There is nothing more to me than this.” concluded Rei

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

She nodded in understanding. “So then,” she replied after a moment’s thought, “is the murder of those two men really all you wish to gain from your training?”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

“That and I want to learn why my parents were killed” said Rei curtly

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

An eyebrow raised, Valence finished off the last of her meal and placed the bowl in the basin before filling it with water. “That’s a given though, isn’t it? Don’t you want a home to call yours? Or would you rather disappear back into the gutter? I will give you what you ask for - no matter how big or small. But only what you ask for. Think on it.” With that, she left the room.

A moment later her head popped back round the doorframe. “Oh and by the way,” she sniffed, seeming miffed, “I call dibs on the room on the far side of the house. Any of the others are yours. Sleep in tomorrow, and there’s food in the bottom cupboards and fridge. Make yourself at home. Figuratively speaking. Your training starts after breakfast. Goodnight Rei.”
And then she was truly gone, her footsteps receding.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Rei was left alone in the room, his meal was on his plate, begging to be finished, yet for the first time in his life he wasn’t feeling hungry. Could it be that he could finally get revenge on the people that destroyed his life ten years ago? Would the power inside him grow to be of any kind of use? These thoughts were feeding a growing sense of fear within him and they were more than enough to satisfy his hunger. With that he washed everything he had used for dinner and walked around the enormous house until he back tracked to the room he had changed in before after the shower. For the first time in years he turned the lights off, lay down on a soft bed and closed his eyes feeling safe.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

The sky was grey with the promise of dawn when Valence stumbled into the kitchen and slammed the kettle down to boil. The early screeches of the proverbial morning bird were her alarm clock here, and this morning they were especially brutal as the pack closed in on some poor fluffy oversized rodent.
There’s things to do, she idly thought as she stirred her coffee. Lots to do to prepare the grounds.
With a small excited smile and a sip of morning coffee, Valence vanished from sight.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

It wasn’t long before Rei woke up from his sleep. It had been a surprisingly dreamless night and he was feeling fully rested and ready for anything.
He changed into his new blue jeans and white shirt and put on a pair of white, new shoes.
When he was done he walked through the corridor all the way to the kitchen and was not surprised to find the pink haired girl already there.
“Good morning” he said.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Having just finished the first preparations, Valence was slightly out of breath; holding some of those things through space and time was physically tiring.
“Oh,” she breathed, “Good morning. I’ve just finished setting everything up and getting it all in order for you to begin your training - as soon as you’re ready of course. Also! You should find a pair of hiking boots in your cupboard; I stocked a bit of a hike backpack in there too a few days ago. We have a mountain to climb today.”
She smiled shyly. “Never trained anyone before, but the top of a mountain is a sure-fire place, according to the greats.”

Signature