The Only Limit Is Your Own Imagination

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Her vision was consumed by golden light as she burst into existence after following the kid’s traces. Realising at the very last second the peril the extremely smelly boy was in - the same boy who had been tugging at her mind over the last few hours - Valence whipped out an arm and touched her fingertips to his ankle. Bringing his substance with her own as she dragged herself through space, they landed with a familiar thud on a rooftop perhaps six blocks away.

A small groan escaped her and she squeezed her eyes shut. Teleporting was getting tiring without a meatball sub in between.
“Are you okay kiddo?”

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3241

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

It took Rei a couple of moments to realize he wasn’t dead, quite contrary actually as he stared at the strange pink haired girl that had somehow saved him from death again. So many questions flooded his mind, who was this girl, why did she save him, what just happened and most important of all were they safe?
In the end ” Thank you” was the only thing he managed to say as his voice croaked from years of hardly ever being used.

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Valence cracked open her eyes and stared up at the night sky for a minute before rolling her head to contemplate the boy. So close, the tugging at her mind was incessant, almost physically pulling her toward the memory he seemed to represent. It made thinking about anything else painfully difficult.

“Why did I save your life?”

A question that might give her any clue on what to do next. He must be important in some way, else she would never have felt his presence through space itself. He didn’t seem powerful at all, except perhaps in smell - but that was understandable, considering he looked more or less like the dead thing his aroma hinted at. Though he certainly wasn’t dead; she’d made sure of that. If not powerful, if totally helpless, then what was his purpose?

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking that?” asked Rei. “Not that I dont appreciate it…” he added.
He took a moment to get a clear look of the girl in front of him, his savior or so it seemed for the current moment. Pink hair and an odd look he really couldn’t decipher. What was stranger was the fact they were standing on a rooftop.
“What happened back there?” asked Rei

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Valence propped herself up and scanned the street below, her sharp eyes searching for any signs of persuit.

“Aren’t I meant to ask that?” She smiled sardonically. “After all, you were the one about to be vaporised, and you were the one that was running. What did you do, mug the guy?”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

“No I haven’t” answered Rei.
“Listen we’re way too out in the open and we’re on a rooftop. I dont know why you’ve saved my life or who you are, but if we don’t find a way to get down they’ll find us and kill us…well me at the very least, so could we please find somewhere to hide?” asked Rei beginning to feel impatient. What he said was true, his chasers were probably on his tracks already and his current location would be like a dream come true for them.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

“Fine,” she snapped a moment before touching his arm. Within a blink, they’d popped into existence perhaps ten blocks away, tucked inside an alleyway.

“More comfortable? We’re about sixteen blocks from where those guys had you cornered. You should be safe long enough to tell me who you are.”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

It had all happened so quickly it took Rei another couple of moments.
“I’m exactly what I look like: a guy with no family, no home and no money. My name is Rei Son. That is all there is to me. What about you?” He asked

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

“A bit more than that. You’re a bit more.” Her eyes widened momentarily as she realised from where she recognised him. Obviously he didn’t know his origins, or why these people were trying to kill him. She smiled internally at this; what a perfect hero he could be.
“But nevermind. I’m Valence, and I’m going to protect you. But,” she grinned, “you do need to learn to protect yourself. If you run forever, you’ll drop dead without their help. What do you say?”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

“O-of course” said said Rei as he didn’t believe what he was hearing. All those years spent on the run, dreaming to have the power to kill the ones responsible for murdering his parents and ruining his life. Could it be true?
“Do you mean it? Can you help me get stronger?”

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

“That depends,” Valence replied with a grin. “on whether you are who I think you are. How can I know for sure you actually have a little bit of power to work with? How do I know you’re not some street rat who just got his lucky ass saved?”
She shrugged lightly and looked him briefly up and down. “You’ll just have to show me a little of that supposed power of yours.”

It wasn’t vital that she see it, for the reason of her knowing his exact potential. But it was vital that she knew how much of that potential power had already manifested. His answer would determine whether she sent him to a safer place, or took him with her to his possible demise - the latter being the preferred option. Else she’d need to keep looking for some hero.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Power? He didnt have any sort of power. Not one that he could freely control anyways. At most when he really concentrated a breeze would start to blow. However there was another problem to this. Even if he did manage to use his supposed power they’d find him. He couldn’t risk it.
“I dont know what sort of thing you want to see, I only have half an idea and if it’s what I think it is, they’ll find us” answered Rei.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

She smirked at his reply. “How do you think you blinked your eyes and landed up on a rooftop blocks away? Then blinked again and opened your eyes to an alleyway. Unless they can travel across space and time in reverse seconds, they won’t find you as long as you stick with me. The only reason we’re still here, on this world is because you’re not willing to trust me. The smallest detail is all I need; a spark when you’re worked up maybe, or a drizzle if you think about it too hard. I know who you’re meant to be, but only you can tell me who you are. So unless you want to get tracked down and nearly fried via the golden express all over again, you better start talking.”

Valence closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “Look, I can only help you if you trust me. I can only help you as much as you’re willing to be helped. As I said, I know who you’re meant to be. But I do actually need to be able to trust who you are. Meet me halfway here please.”
She offered a tentative smile.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Rei thought about it. At this point of his life perhaps he could try and be live the strange girl in front of him. After all the only thing that could happen was to be found. If they found him he’d die. That’s what he had just decided, he was sick of running away.
“Fine” said Rei.
He closed his eyes and concentrated on the energy within. He pictured the black figures that had been chasing him down his whole life, that had murdered his family. He could feel it, the hate surging from the very depths of his spirit. Soon a gentle breeze began to blow around them and it increasingly became more violent. Suddenly two faint balls of golden energy formed in the palms of his hands. He opened his eyes and pushed his hands forwards, aiming at a car parked nearby. As soon as the balls of energy hit the car it exploded.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Valence’s eyes were wide and bright as she followed the ball of energy along its path, and a grin slowly took up occupation on her face. “Perfect,” she whispered before turning back to face Rei.
“Perfect. You’ve a far way to go before you’ve enough control to become the hunter, but that’s where I come in. For now, prey, are you ready to go unlock your potential? A hot meal,” she grinned, “is guaranteed.”

Signature