should i buy Procession of the Dead ?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2010-05-21

PM

I don’t know very much about it but what it said on the plot line it sounds good but is it a good read?

Signature

“Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none”- William Shakespeare

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-21

PM

can you tell me more about it

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 2235

Joined 2010-04-30

PM

It’s definatly a good purchace in my eyes.

A quick overveiw would be best strait from the back of the book - The first volume in a noirish, gritty urban fantasy for adults from the bestselling Children’s author. Quick-witted and cocksure, young upstart Capac Raimi arrives in the City determined to make his mark. As he learns the tricks of his new trade from his Uncle Theo—extortion, racketeering, threatening behaviour—he’s soon well on his way to becoming a promising new gangster. Then he crosses paths with The Cardinal, and his life changes forever. The Cardinal is the City and the City is The Cardinal. They are joined at the soul. Nothing moves on the streets, or below them, without the Cardinal’s knowledge. His rule is absolute. As Capac begins to discover more about the extent of the Cardinal’s influence on his own life he is faced with hard choices. And as his ambition soars ever higher he will learn all there is to know about loss, and the true cost of ultimate power!

Signature

~*~Member 01’ - Mod 10’~*~
          Every post you make,
          Every rule you break,
          I’ll be watching you.

~*~13/11/2010//27/03/2014~*~

Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

When the book first came out I was a bit skeptical about buying it too. It’s a good trilogy. I was a bit confused about the plot as well, but the truth is, you can’t really explain what the book is about without spoiling the twists and turns of the series. You just have to enjoy the read and follow along till the end. You definitely won’t stop once you pick it up. And the best parts always happen during the end. The chapters are long, but the way the story is written, you won’t mind.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1042

Joined 2010-05-19

PM

It’s a good read!! before you buy it sneak read a page or two in the bookshop…that’s how i dicide if i want to buy a book ar not though tbh if it’s by Darren Shan i always buy it anyway lol :lol:

Signature

“people say, ‘evolution is just a theory!’ which is true, it is, and it’s good that they say that, it gives you hope, doesn’t it, hope that, maybe they feel the same way about the theory of gravity and they might just float away…” - tim minchin

Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist.
While you guys were arguing about the glass of water being half full or half empty. I drank it
Sincerely, an opportunist.

“Do I really look like a guy with a plan?” The Joker (The Dark Knight)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-21

PM

thank you all I’m going to bye the book when it comes out on jun 4

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 316

Joined 2010-05-27

PM

I enjoyed it. a lot of cool twists, and good plot. You should read it! The Cardinal Rocks :D

Signature

‘‘I am the vampire lord! I am the king of the undead! I will suck the blood from all of you!-Darren Shan-Cirque du Freak

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 193

Joined 2010-05-29

PM

I really liked this book you should definitely read it

Signature

Take me away from all this death! - Mina Harker (Dracula)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 293

Joined 2010-06-07

PM

I loved this book
it was better than the Demonata and CDF combined
I would buy it if I were you, it’s quite witty and definetly a great read.
I holed myself up in my room for about six hours to read it, it’s that good.

Signature

You won’t really know what you can see/Until you look through eyes unseen.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 237

Joined 2010-06-18

PM

I wouldn’t say its better then CDF and Demonata combined but I read it, and I enjoyed it, I’d tell anyone to read it.

Signature

“I’m to weird to live but much to rare to die”, Bat Country
R.I.P Jimmy the Rev Sullivan
My wonderful page: http://sssprks.deviantart.com/

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2010-07-31

PM

yeah Im new

according to my library website it is checked in.

so they might have it at the library.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 543

Joined 2010-05-06

PM

I read that The City trilogy is geared more towards older teens and adults and has some “R-rated stuff” in it. What about the series makes it “R-rated” exactly, just out of curiosity? (If someone can tell me without giving too much of the plot away.)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 896

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

R rated being Ristricted right? Hehe, alliteration…But anywho, I don’t think it has much to make it R-rated. One of the “scenes” in Procession MIGHT be R-Rated, but other than…*shrugs*

Signature

“Life is meaningless, life is empty. When we take a life, we take nothing of value.” - Durzo Blint

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-06

PM

By “R-rated” I meant stuff that’s not really intended for younger people, but yeah it does stand for restricted. What scene would that be?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 896

Joined 2010-07-09

PM

Its near enough to the start with Capac and his uncle…just the violence in it really, I doubt it’d be suitable for too young an age

Signature

“Life is meaningless, life is empty. When we take a life, we take nothing of value.” - Durzo Blint

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-06

PM

Ah ok so it’s just violence then.