Jo/Deathsrsvp here on a new name - at last!
Hope you’re all well and have a fun transition from the new board. Looking forward to seeing (hopefully) floods of new members. For old members and those who have moved over from the Chit Chat board, you’ll know these rules, but for any new members please read them and keep them in mid! They maybe be edited to keep up with the changed, but the general/basics still apply.
Have fun! :)
These are the general board rules. Please obey them and check for any updates in future. Complaints about its length will be ignored. Moderators do not take out time out of their own lives to listen to the issues people how with reading a few extra sentences.
I would hope that both NEW and OLD members are willing to read through this to check to understand and agree. We are not monsters trying to rule you under an iron, Machiavellian thumb we have feelings to but we like to keep the peaceful and friendly environment for you all :)
If you have any suggestions/opinions/extra points they would like to see added, please feel free to leave a comment, I’d appreciate in put, especially from anyone who finds any of the points confusing.
Thank you for reading.
This is the FAQ for those of you who are not familiar with it.
Swearing or offensive language will not be tolerated. ALSO please do not post topic after topic. We generally like a MAXIMUM of 2-3 from each user.
1. I’ve seen a few people advertising emails here (Chit Chat) so please keep that to the Pen Pals. Also some people have mentioned Music, that is more appropriate for the Polls but if you would like to have a discussion, then yes, Chit Chat is the place, but please try to be a bit more detailed in your discussion openings and questions; a little more than Do you like ____. What’s your favourite ____ would be nice - facts and opinions help. Etc.
2. Please try to use correct spelling and grammar. This, need I remind you, is an English speaking board, and not all of the members speak it as their native tongue so you know, be considerate. Also, text talk hurts my eyes and makes those who use it appear immature and often lazy this doesn’t help if you want to try and have a serious debate, does it? Its not that difficult, really. Any text not in English will be removed.
I understand that some people may have difficulty with spelling- we are not taking a pick at people with dyslexia and anything else related. We do not expect perfection, but clarity and coherency would be great. Checking it over really isn’t that hard, and can often really do you a favour in the long run (by which I mean it gets you into the habit of checking said spelling and grammatical errors, which really is helpful in school. So, learn whilst you chat. Grand, no?).
3. Being polite/respectful.
I’d like to make a point of the newer members and how they are treated by those who have been around here for a while some people haven’t been as welcoming as they could be, we need to work on this. If said new member has issues (by which I mean not following rules, rude and spamming) after they’ve been here for a while, then you have every right to complain. But! When they are NEW and know no better, so please just welcome then, direct them to the FAQ and say hello. It shouldn’t be too difficult.
4. Please, when posting in a topic whether it is your own or someone else’s, to keep on topic. Especially if it has a certain genre such as music/books/etc ” :)
5. This board is an all ages board, explicit/inappropriate writing and images should not be posted here. Let’s keep it clean and fun for everyone!
6. Lastly, I shouldn’t have to remind you all of this, but I feel that as a moderator I should give you all a kick (myself too, before you deem me a hypocrite) in the right direction. And for Mad Darren Fans, I’m sure he’d like to see us all getting along nicely, wouldn’t he? A pleasant conversation makes a pleasant day, or at least it should do.