Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

Cirque du Freak movie main characters

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2010-09-29

PM

Are u ‘satisfied’ that Chris Massoglia plays as Darren and Josh Hutcherson as Steve? Did u want somebody else to play as the main characters? :P

I’m really happy Josh is Steve (he’s really cute and and awesome actor!) ;D but I’d liked more that Logan Lerman (the main character in the Lightening Thief) was Darren. Chris just doesn’t have the right personality that Darren has (the hatred)/ he doesn’t express himself clearly..
well, that’s my opinion. Yours? :)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 327

Joined 2010-09-10

PM

Logan Lerman would have made the movie a whole lot better :P
But I don’t really care. I think the actors were good in their role (most of them)
It’s some time ago since I’ve seen the movie, so I’ll have to watch it again in order to answer your question properly.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 219

Joined 2010-09-22

PM

i hated darrens actor he looked sly and horrible and ewww and i wanted someone else to play larten not that old fart (Not that the old fart isnt a good actor) they could have got someone a tiny bit younger!!!!! and a actor for another character that is cuter dun get me wrong steves guy was cute but not cute enough! work harder film companys!

Signature

I AM SPARTICUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 327

Joined 2010-09-10

PM

mr Crepsley is 200 years old :P So I don’t think the actor was to old to play the role

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 219

Joined 2010-09-22

PM

BUT HES A VAMPIRE !! i mean at most 40 how old woz e i dunno but he looked 50!! plus es ugo

Signature

I AM SPARTICUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 261

Joined 2010-07-12

PM

I think the guy that plays mr. Wesley on Harry Potter would do mr.c well.

Signature

Timless. Eternal Gloom. Drifting in slow, never-ending circles.
surrounded but alone.
Aware of other souls, trapped like me, but unable to contact them.
no sense of sight, hearing, taste, smell, touch.
only the crushing boredom of the present and painful memories of the past.

from sons of Destiny

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

I do think John C. Reily was a good choice for Crepslinator, but he’s just about the only good choice in the whole film.

Rank

Joined 2010-11-27

PM

everything was fine but the dumb ppl changed the whole movie!!!!!!!! :@ i was soooo pissed off when i watched it

Signature

grubbs grady <3 <3 <3

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2010-11-09

PM

Josh Hutcherson <3

Signature

I WANT TO BE MRS NERIMON
SO WE CAN BIULD A LITTLE HOUSE WITH A LAWN!!!!!!

Rank

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2010-11-29

PM

I like Darren’s actor. It fits him, somehow :P
Just, Crepsley’s actor creeps me out >_>! And Truska doesn’t look as pretty as I thought she would (even prettier in the manga!). Steve… is a midget… *eyerolls* why the hecks is Cormac Limb a female anyway…
But I love wolfman and Evra’s actor. Oh, Evra looks so cool and cute xD
GOSH I hate Gavner’s actor. Gavner is supposed to have well-built body, not pole-ish one :/ his face is so ugly :c

Signature

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2010-09-29

PM

I didn’t like Evra - he was too old and not cool -.- the guy who plays him doesn’t fit to Evra’s personality..
and I agree: I don’t like Willem Dafoe/Gavner at all - he seems too old and weak :/

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 797

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

Gavner is supposed to be bigger (width wise) and friendlier looking! Willem Dafoe was the worst choice in the movie for me. Everyone else I can handle.
I still think Alan Rickman for Crepsley, although John C Reilly did do a good job. Evra was awful too. Too old, and his skin just looked odd, not scaley.

And a monkey girl? Noooo..

However, I did like the movie a lot. Darren and Steve were okay, Mr Tall and Mr Tiny were good. Wolfman was good. The set for the Cirque was done great etc.

Signature

Definition-
Leah* [Leee-aaaah]:

A deviously devious prehistoric-squirrel-like creature with stalkerish tendencies, tending towards moderation of forums and drinking of much tea.

May occasionally appear to change forms. Do not be fooled as this is generally accepted to be a combination of facepaint and latex.

*If seen, approach with severe caution. May be hazardous to your sanity, and any tea in the nearby vicinity.

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2010-06-30

PM

i just hated the movie altogether… and ill just keep saying this :D c

Rank

Joined 2010-12-06

PM

Man Vampire assistent movie was ok but not great could of done ALOT better

Signature

P. Benton Eichelkraut

Rank

Joined 2010-12-06

PM

The Characters for movie.

Both steve and Darren were miss-casted. I never thought of Darren as a Pink-shirt wearing guy. I also never imagined him being tall and skinny, I thought he was medium and bulk. And Steve I didnt think of him as bad with SPIKED HAIR that really gets me mad because I REALLY DONT LIKED PEOPLE WHO SPIKE THEIR HAIR TO MAKE THEM LOOK DUMB.

Signature

P. Benton Eichelkraut