Username Remember Me? Password   forgot password?

1 of 26
Monsters of Magic RPG
Posted: 19 January 2014 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  49292
Joined  2012-01-12

Hello and welcome! I’m going to start with this:

THIS RPG IS COMPLETELY RUN BY SNOW (DAVID) AND IS HIS RPG. I’M JUST MAKING THE THREAD AND I HAVE NO CONTROL IN THE RULES ETC. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, ASK DAVID. HIS RPG, HIS RULES.

I know I’ve called it Monsters of Magic, but this is in fact the Hogwarts RPG! We are all young witches and wizards attending our first year at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry school (meaning we are 12/13 years old). The school is run by our own Beranabus Treacher - a highly respected man in his early 30s and one of the best wizards ever known. This RPG does not run with the story of Harry Potter :P

There is a set story line which will be run by David and will be like his other episodic RPGs - except this one will be in chapters.

Character sheet -
Name:
Personality:
Bio:
Pet: (Cat, rat, owl or toad)
House: (Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw)
Wand: (Here’s a quiz for that: http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-harry-potter-wand-test)

Signature 

I shot for the sky
I’m stuck on the ground
So why do I try, I know I’m gonna fall down
I thought I could fly, so why did I drown?
Never know why it’s coming down, down, down.

Posted: 19 January 2014 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3183
Joined  2012-06-18

(count me in, Charlie :) )

Signature 

“Even a minute of dying is better than an eternity of nothingness.”
“Out of the stakes and into the moonlight!”
“Do not curse the darkness; illuminate it.”
“One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.”

Posted: 19 January 2014 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12649
Joined  2013-10-16

(I’m in too)

Signature 

Arms wide open, I stand alone.
I’m no hero, and I’m not made of stone.
Right or wrong, I can hardly tell.
I’m on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell.

Posted: 19 January 2014 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  39035
Joined  2012-08-18

(I’ll consider, but mark me down for a spot. ^^)

Signature 

Round we go,
The world is spinning.
When it stops,
It’s just beginning.

Sun comes up,
We live and we cry.
Sun goes down,
And then we all die.

Posted: 19 January 2014 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-12

(Okay, thanks guys and will do Jordan :D)

*SPOT MARKED FOR JC*

Signature 

I shot for the sky
I’m stuck on the ground

Posted: 19 January 2014 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3183
Joined  2012-06-18

XD Mark me a spot too

Signature 

“Even a minute of dying is better than an eternity of nothingness.”
“Out of the stakes and into the moonlight!”
“Do not curse the darkness; illuminate it.”
“One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.”

Posted: 19 January 2014 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  48721
Joined  2011-07-11

(sure I’ll join but I’ll make character sheet when my laptop decided to cooperate properly.:P)

Signature 

It’s the Demons in my head that Comfort me at night.

Maybe we’re all mad here.

Posted: 19 January 2014 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-12

Name: Scarlett Emersyn
Appearance: http://demachic.deviantart.com/art/Few-Friends-Beyond-Pens-337947556
Personality: She’s feisty, but quiet at times. Prefers the company of drawings than people and is quite anti-social, but she’s a loyal friend. Very intelligent. Scarlett seems very shy, but when you get to know her, she’s very bubbly.
Bio: Born in a muggle family, she is constantly bullied as a Mudblood. Her parents died in a car crash a week before she started school, but the Ministry of Magic set her up a room at the Leaky Cauldron in London (a witch/wizard bar). She lives above the train station and constantly hears the carriages go by. Scarlett couldn’t wait to start school and longs for the peace at night. She loves drawing and always has done. Scarlett is an excellent sketcher. The sorting hat had a difficult time placing her as she had equal qualities for Ravenclaw and Gryffindor, but because of her self confidence (she doesn’t have any xD), she was placed into Ravenclaw for intelligence. Scarlett seems like a normal girl and is very gifted in the Dark Arts. She loves Mythological Creatures and can see Thestrals.
Pet: Owl called Eerin (http://www.espmag.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Owl-IMG_3152.jpg)
House: Ravenclaw
Wand: 11, 2/3”, Oak with a Veela cord. Oak signifies wisdom, endurance, protection, and authority. The veela hair as a wand core means that you are slightly unpredictable but very powerful.

Signature 

I shot for the sky
I’m stuck on the ground

Posted: 19 January 2014 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12649
Joined  2013-10-16

Name: Brodie Colman
Appearance: White blond hair, always has a permanent sneer on his face. His skin is pale, his eyes a dark red.
Personality: He is sly, always with a plan of some sort. He isn’t to be trusted. He is a very dark, evil type of person, showing barely any emotion, but inside he is lonely and miserable.
Bio: Brodie is a pure blood, with a traceable family history. His family are proud of the house he was selected for, and they believe he will become great in that house. He is always making fun of muggle born students. He is good at defending himself and only himself. He never thinks of others, which is why his only friends are pure blooded students who he has known for years, due to his family introducing them.
Pet: He has a dark grey owl named Thor, who is prone to getting lost and not delivering mail.
House: Slytherin
Wand: 9”, Willow, Dragon
A willow wand signifies that you care deeply about emotions, art, and intuition, and that you have a particular knack for charms. Your dragon’s heartstring core makes your wand very effective in hexes.

(This ok?)

Signature 

Arms wide open, I stand alone.
I’m no hero, and I’m not made of stone.
Right or wrong, I can hardly tell.
I’m on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell.

Posted: 19 January 2014 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-12

That’s great Jackson :)

Signature 

I shot for the sky
I’m stuck on the ground

Posted: 19 January 2014 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2797
Joined  2013-03-17

(http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Reviews/HarryPotter/Docs/Quiz-House.html - Sorting Quiz??!)

Name: Amy Hargreaves
Appearance: (http://www.pickywallpapers.com/ipad/anime/other/anime-girl-with-a-soccer-ball-wallpaper/download/)
Bio: Amy’s father was a Doctor and her mother was a Witch. When they met it was love-at-first-sight and they were engaged only weeks after their first date. When they had Amy, her mother told her father about her magical powers - he was fine with that, but when the Ministry of Magic found out that she had told a Muggle; she was sent for a court appearance. She never returned.
Amy grew up hating the Ministry and has always been curious of what happened to her mother that dreadful day. Her father, turned to alcohol after grief still maintained to hang over him after many years over and sent Amy to her Auntie Karen - who told her about Hogwarts. Amy agreed and spent her first year at Hogwarts - doing well in her assessments and making many close friends who had also been through a traumatic past.
Amy is a quiet, but sophisticated girl with much talent in the arts of magic. She loves reading and writing - so is always in the Library at Lunch when she has a chance. She is also a player on the Quidditch team - playing as the Goal Keeper, although she is small , she is very speedy and can defect the balls with a quick spin on her Nimbus 2003 (Updated Version).
Wand: 10”, Willow, Veela Centre.
Pet: A Cat called Amras (Fully Black, with Sapphire eyes.)

Signature 

“They say there’s no such place as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there’s nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it’s always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that; Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me; It says, ‘Search for Paradise.’”

Posted: 19 January 2014 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8115
Joined  2012-06-08

(I want to post up, but have homework, so I either will when I’ve finished it or I will tomorrow)

Signature 

“They think of you as a prince,” he said, “whereas I still think of you first and foremost as a meddlesome little brat with a penchant for stealing spiders.” - Mr Crepsley, Hunters Of The Dusk

Posted: 19 January 2014 09:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-12

(That’s okay, whenever you have time :))

Signature 

I shot for the sky
I’m stuck on the ground

Posted: 19 January 2014 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  39035
Joined  2012-08-18

Name: Taylor Lucifer
Appearance: (Picture)
Personality: Quite quiet, rather shy. He prefers to be alone and has little to no friends. He prefers to stay cooped up in the library with a book or his sketch book which he fills with pictures from his dreams. He is rather intelligent and doesn’t really engage with others. He is also a sociopath, though he rarely shows it as he’s practised hiding it.
Bio: Born into a family of wizards, Taylor is a pure blood. But he prefers to stay away from others and not talk with them. When spoken too he can come across as almost cold and robotic. But that doesn’t faze him as he’s been like it from a very young age. But he’s almost like a small child who needs watching, wherever he goes, trouble seems to follow if it’s bullies or just the general accident of a student getting injured. His most common phrase to the teachers when caught in the corridors is, “I didn’t do it.” He lives with his Mother, Father and Grandma, all witches and wizards. He’s quite interested in Care of Mythological Creatures and picks up new information and spells quite easily. But he tends to sit at his own desk, separated from others, though he’s not allowed.
Pet: Cat (Mesopotamian Blue with Amber eyes) called Varjak.
Wand: 9”, Willow, Phoenix. A willow wand signifies that you care deeply about emotions, art, and intuition, and that you have a particular knack for charms. The phoenix tail feather as your core means that you have the capability to be an extremely powerful wizard or witch and that you will defend those you love at all costs.

Image Attachments
image.jpg
 Signature 

Round we go,
The world is spinning.
When it stops,
It’s just beginning.

Sun comes up,
We live and we cry.
Sun goes down,
And then we all die.

Posted: 20 January 2014 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8240
Joined  2013-01-16

(Oh oh, I’ll join!)

Name: Travis (Trav) Greyton
Appearance: http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view_ylt=A0PDoS6ZId1SQBoAfUOJzbkF_ylu=X3oDMTIzcW11YTJkBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM5ODZiZDVhNzBkYzgxNDJiZmFjMDA0MjU0NTc4NDc2YQRncG9zAzQxBGl0A2Jpbmc-?back=http://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?_adv_prop=image&va=Anime+male+children&fr=yhs-visicom-mystartdefault&hsimp=yhs-mystartdefault&hspart=visicom&tab=organic&ri=41&w=713&h=716&imgurl=moe.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/4758-1021835871.png&rurl=http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/character.php?id=36107&size=66.2KB&name=Takumi+-+Recorder+to+Randoseru+Do♪+-+Anime+Characters+Database&p=Anime+male+children&oid=986bd5a70dc8142bfac004254578476a&fr2;=&fr=yhs-visicom-mystartdefault&tt=Takumi+-+Recorder+to+Randoseru+Do♪+-+Anime+Characters+Database&b=0&ni=128&no=41&ts;=&tab=organic&sigr=11t3sio8o&sigb=158624o6l&sigi=121abl10g&.crumb=fn38oBm6Edj&fr=yhs-visicom-mystartdefault&hsimp=yhs-mystartdefault&hspart=visicom
Personality: Quick-tempered but with a tame fury, he likes to solve problems but will never take on a challenge he doesn’t think he can or will finish. Easily distracted but with a feirce determination, he likes people but usually lets them start the conversation. Even though he has a pet owl, he loves snakes and other reptiles. 
Bio: Trav Greyton Lives with his aunt - a regular human - but started bringing trouble to her door at the age of five. He was digging around in the garden near the Fairy Fountain when he pulled up an old root - at least, that’s what everyone thought it was. Turns out, the root was his first wand but it was old and too experienced for him, causing accidents around the house and in the neighbourhood. A month after finding the wand, Trav and his aunt were visited by a man - Travis never learned his name - and the next morning they were on their way to a school of magic and wonder. He was allowed to keep the wand he’d found until he could get a new one. One night, a tapping on his window woke him but when he checked outside, nothing could be found. A week later, he turned eight and he heard the tapping again. This time, he found a large Horned Owl staring back at him with golden eyes. As it flew into his room, outlined by the full moon, he noticed the underside of the owl’s wings were silvery-white. He called her Lua (Meaning ‘moon’). Lua’s been with him from that night, through the time he got his new Holly wand to this very day.
Pet: Owl - coal grey with silver eyes, under the wings are moon-white. Named Lua (Loo-ah). Female.
House: Slytherin
Wand: 12”, Holly, Dragon (Holly is a powerful protective wood that good for use against evil, but it also represents dreams and fertility. Your dragon’s heartstring core makes your wand very effective in hexes.)

Signature 

Keep me here,
Tell me what to say,
Pull my strings,
Whisper pain into my ear,
Throw me aside at the end of the day,
What did I say, what did I say?

Now keep me tight,
Don’t let me go,
It’s dark tonight,
Never leave me alone,
But toss me out,
Come dawn I pray,
What do I say, what do I say?

Posted: 20 January 2014 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-01-12

For your appearance, you only need this link - http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/character.php?id=36107&size=66.2KB&name=Takumi+-+Recorder+to+Randoseru+Do♪+-+ :P - but otherwise, great bio!

Signature 

I shot for the sky
I’m stuck on the ground

1 of 26

‹‹ Runaways RPG      Family Mystery RPG ››