Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Books :: The Saga Of Larten Crepsley :: Thread

Just finished SoLC. Similarities between the sagas? *Spoilers*

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 107

Joined 2010-10-30

PM

So I just now decided to read the books. I’ve had them for a while, like 2 years, but I guess a part of me didn’t want the series to end, but it has.

Anyways, enough of the feels, anyone notice how both Darren and Larten spend their whole series with a best friend, only to kill them at the end.

I know that Larten didn’t figure out the deceit until then end, while Darren split from Steve at the beginning, but still, the similarity is there.

I’m just wondering why Larten didn’t sorta see this one coming, I mean, Mr. Tiny (hate you) already pulled that once.

Was it just for the sake of making the second series, so that it could be done more fully?

[by the way, i frequented these forums a long time ago, so hello to anyone who recognizes me, and also, why are these forums so dead D:]

Signature

Cirque Du Freak is Freaking amazing.
No Pun intended.
:D

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3175

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

They also end up losing their families, except Darren’s separation is sadder.

They meet a friend (besides Wester and Steve) who betrays them

Signature

“Even a minute of dying is better than an eternity of nothingness.”
“Out of the stakes and into the moonlight!”
“Do not curse the darkness; illuminate it.”
“One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 107

Joined 2010-10-30

PM

Yeah, those too

I seem to remember finding another one, but it evades me right now

Signature

Cirque Du Freak is Freaking amazing.
No Pun intended.
:D

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2015-04-04

PM

Also notice how their best friends also killed someone who they loved?
When Wester killed Larten’s wife…so sad…
and
When Steve killed Shancus…so sad also…

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 163

Joined 2015-09-20

PM

What about when Larten and Gavner went through Greenland like Darren had escaped Vampire Mountain to avoid getting executed for failing one of his Trials of Initiation? The only differences were that Darren was alone and wolves had adopted him until he got back on his feet. Larten and Gavner had no such help except for Mr. Tiny. But Darren did go to school when he was a human, unlike Larten. Morgan James and R.V. had killed Tom and Darren and Steve killed each other. There was also a mention of the Vampaneze Lord here, although it was centuries before Steve was born. Now I can see why Larten got to be so snappy because Darren acted like an idiot. Gavner probably snored to get back at Larten for killing his parents on The Pearly Tornado, and Daniel here may have been Spits in the other series, who dies by drowning in the Lake Of Souls.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-04-25

PM

Watch live streaaming wwe smackdown and highlights on sportsfeista.com
WWE SmackDown Live Results