Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

You are here: Home :: Forum Home :: Books :: The Thin Executioner :: Thread

A new Phase

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-01-06

PM

When I first read this book, I was amazed and this is probably one of my favorites. However, don’t you think this book is a little far from what he usually writes?

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 176

Joined 2011-03-27

PM

I agree with pretty much everything, it was quite a change yet still brilliant
It’s probs my favourite book

Signature

Only ever turn your back on a corpse!  - Vanez Blane

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1379

Joined 2012-04-25

PM

It was my third favourite (after the Demonata and Zom-B). It was very unusual for him to write like that, but I liked it for a change. :)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 128

Joined 2013-05-19

PM

It is differant but it is still really epic

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 925

Joined 2012-08-12

PM

I think the fact that it was so different from what Darren writes is what makes it that much better. My personal favorite is still the SoDS but I did love this book because of the unusual-ness. (haha, I don’t think that’s a word…)

Signature

‘How will I ever get out of this labyrinth of suffering?’ - Alaska Young (Looking for Alaska)
‘We accept the love we think we deserve.’. - Bill (The Perks of Being a Wallflower)
‘I go to seek a Great Perhaps.’ - Francois Rabelais

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-07-08

PM

I actually think that The city trilogy is pretty much different from all the other books but The thin executioner is still high on the list of awesome books but who am I kidding? I think all the books that Darren writes are amazing! I have yet to be disappointed. I am just a die hard Darren Shan fan!

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8540

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Well I agree with Arra; the fact that The Thin Executioner is what makes it better. Also, it is a different writing style to his other books, which I like - but still recognisable as Darren. It’s different from what I usually read but still gripping. I’d give it a 6,5/10 :)

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-04-21

PM

I concur with basically everything, it was a significant change yet still splendid. It’s probs my most loved book.

————————————————————————————-
Dissertation Literature Review