Username Remember Me? Password   forgot password?

DVD’s on a PS2
Posted: 24 June 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2621
Joined  2011-07-17

I really need some help and ASAP!!!! My PS2 will not play dvd’s!!!! I put it in, it says reading disc but then nothing happens!!!! I need help please :(

Signature 

BLOOD & MAGIG is all that I READ, all that I DRINK and all that I PRACTICE
Everyone’s destiny is wrote in a big story book, no matter how strong a person is pages CANNOT be torn from it…

Posted: 25 June 2012 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  49653
Joined  2012-01-12

This happened to my PS2. I don’t think the program is working to play DVDs on it.

There are ways to go in and clean it- we personaly don’t recommend taking the top off and going in unless you are sure of what you are doing.
I have seen some people suggest using a small bit of rubbing alcohol on a q-tip to clean the lens. I’m not so sure of this being a good idea in case some gets into other circuitry and completely ruins the system. There are cleaning kits available at game shops- next time you are in maybe the staff there can suggest something.
One other possibility is the lens may have been slightly misaligned inside. Again, fixing this will require going inside the PS2. Instructions on this can be found through a quick search also. i would try the cleaning kit solution first.

( here’s a link to a forum post: http://www.absolute-playstation.com/playstation-network/expert-playstation-2-hardware-accessory-help-playstation2-ps2-console/16660-i-cant-play-dvds-my-playstation-2-a.html )

Signature 

I shot for the sky
I’m stuck on the ground
So why do I try, I know I’m gonna fall down
I thought I could fly, so why did I drown?
Never know why it’s coming down, down, down.

I feel the worst when I am alone.
Because that’s when the monster in my head say hello.