Username Remember Me? Password   forgot password?

1 of 3
Sons of Destiney
Posted: 25 February 2012 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-02-24

Sons of destiney is my all time favourite book! I especially like the bit where Darren is looking back on his past! Shancus has just died. Darren wants revenge! He goes to the old stadium with all the tramps and his friendds! They have a huge fight with steve and then Steve and Darren go off near a river and they are saying bad and mean things to each other! Gannen stabs Vancha he nearly dies but stays alive! Darren stabs Steve. But he soon realises that if Steve is dead then he will become the the lord of the shadows. He’ll be a monster! Darren makes Steve angry and Steve stabs him. They both roll into the river dying! Darren sees R.V. Mr.Crepsley, Gavner Purl, Sam Grest,  Arra Sails, Mr.Tall, Shancus. Then he died!
Next thing he knew he was in the lake of souls. Evanna got him out! They went to Mr.Tinys home. Evanna is pregnant with twins! Mr.Tiny turns Darren into a little person. He goes back into time. To when him and Steve first went to Cirque du Freak. Little person Darren scared Darren way from getting on the balcony seeing Steve talking to Mr.Crepsley and he would be to scared to ever go back so none of the events before would happen. Little person Darren gives his diary to Mr.Tall who gives it to young Darren! Then little person Darren goes to a caravan and climbs on top to die. And thats the end he’s dead. I cried at that bit because Darren died and the books were finished!  :snake:

Image Attachments
Debbie sons of destineny.jpg

Posted: 25 February 2012 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  44424
Joined  2011-07-11

I loved the last too books too, I was very sad when it ended, it’s my fave series.
Hate MR Tiny though, he ruined their lives to see who was the strongest out of the two!! Grrr
Even In Death, May You Be Triumphant, To all in the Saga!

Signature 

It’s the Demons in my head that Comfort me.

You will have good days and bad days. Don’t let one bad day turn into a bad month.

Posted: 26 February 2012 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2623
Joined  2011-12-30

I LOVE the last book! I was SO sad *SPOILER* that Darren dies in the end that I was mad at everyone and I started crying at random times. But I love the fact that he died on the roof of where it all started at the Cirque Du Freak theater.

Signature 

~“Even in death my you be triumphant” - Darren Shan

~ “It is only through mystery and madness that the soul is revealed” - Thomas Moore

~ “Every person has there secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a person cold when they are only sad.”  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Posted: 26 February 2012 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-11

same, he finally went to paradise and got to live a normal life. it’s a sad but happy ending cuz he gets to see crepsley again :’)

Signature 

You will have good days and bad days. Don’t let one bad day turn into a bad month.

Posted: 27 February 2012 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-30

i was actually mad that he is now going to have a normal life because when he was a vampire he had so many friends he was a prince and now in paradise he will be a normal person and wont remember any of the adventures when he was a vampire so it was kinda a wast that he even got blooded to just pick up where he started so that just made me extremely sad.

Signature 

~ “It is only through mystery and madness that the soul is revealed” - Thomas Moore

~ “Every person has there secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a person cold when they are only sad.”  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Posted: 27 February 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-11

thats why he gave the diary to mr tall so he wouldn’t be forgotten and he can save the clan from mr tiny.

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2012 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  43876
Joined  2012-01-12

Sons of Destiny - Definitely the best book :3 It made me cry though because Darren will be forgotten by everyone even though he was the one to stop the Vampaneze Lord.

Signature 

I may be on the side of the angels, but don’t think for a second that I am one of them.

Posted: 28 February 2012 04:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-30

^^ yes but still why would you give up something that is possibly the best life (for me) EVER!!!!!

Signature 

Posted: 28 February 2012 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-11

Iky, i’d LOVE to be a vampire, but i guess darren wanted a better life for himself and didn’t want to live a life controlled by desmond, gosh i HATE that meddler!!!!!

Signature 

Posted: 29 February 2012 04:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-30

yeah but i was a vampire i wouldn’t give it up for ANYTHING IN THE HOWL UNIVERSE!!!!!!!

Signature 

Posted: 29 February 2012 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-11

I see your point but i guess darren was just fed up of his life, his mentor and closest friend was killed, he’s lost shancus and because mr tall died there was probably no future for the cirque’s performances, tommy was died and now his old best friend who was now an enemy is killed by him then turns out hes his brother and mr tiny his dad. his life was just to see who was the strongest.. and all the rest, I can see why he gave himself a normal life, and if he continued he would have killed vancha!
however, if he’d of stayed a vampire, he might have been able to stop being the lord of the shadows by spending time with annie and darius which would distract him from his destiny. he might even be able to kill mr tiny and save everyone. only if he was nice ey, he could go back in time and save everyone who died! and he would have become a man because of the perge and would probably get back together with debbie. seba or vancha would help him get back on his feet and help him with his prince duties… don’t you find it weird how he still was a prince through all of it, :L

Signature 

Posted: 01 March 2012 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-30

^i kinda just forgot the fact that he was a prince it never really mentioned it again because of all the action that was going on.

Signature 

Posted: 01 March 2012 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-11

same, if he did survive the fight, i couldn’t image him back at the clan ruling everyone after everything he went through and without Crepsley or Paris to help him, i guess Vancha and Seba would help him but both are very popular and don’t understand darren like crepsley did.

Signature 

Posted: 02 March 2012 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-30

yeah i wish Larten was there to teach Darren but i still support the fact that he died.

Signature 

Posted: 25 March 2012 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2085
Joined  2012-03-23
Gavner Purl-Girl - 29 February 2012 05:16 PM

I see your point but i guess darren was just fed up of his life, his mentor and closest friend was killed, he’s lost shancus and because mr tall died there was probably no future for the cirque’s performances, tommy was died and now his old best friend who was now an enemy is killed by him then turns out hes his brother and mr tiny his dad. his life was just to see who was the strongest.. and all the rest, I can see why he gave himself a normal life, and if he continued he would have killed vancha!
however, if he’d of stayed a vampire, he might have been able to stop being the lord of the shadows by spending time with annie and darius which would distract him from his destiny. he might even be able to kill mr tiny and save everyone. only if he was nice ey, he could go back in time and save everyone who died! and he would have become a man because of the perge and would probably get back together with debbie. seba or vancha would help him get back on his feet and help him with his prince duties… don’t you find it weird how he still was a prince through all of it, :L

I agree, but towards the end, you could see the monster starting to grow within him, so…  :vampire:

Signature 

Don’t hate your body or hate yourself,
embrace yourself and love yourself,
because you’re stuck with that body for the rest of your life,
and if you hate yourself your entire life,
you’re going to hate your entire life.
-Christofer Drew

“It’s good to be strange, normalness leads to sadness”

Posted: 30 April 2012 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  43876
Joined  2012-01-12

Ye, I think it was the right ending because nearer the end, Darren could see in himself that he was becoming a monster. To be fair, I think I would have done the same if I was in his situation.

Signature 

I may be on the side of the angels, but don’t think for a second that I am one of them.

1 of 3