Username Remember Me? Password   forgot password?

Were the bladed octopuss and giant slug(and parasites in it’s mouth)demons?
Posted: 07 November 2011 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2011-06-28

Sorry if I missed something and am sounding like a complete newb,(Though I never said I wasn’t one) just a thought I had about the creatures from Demon Thief in the chess board. Kernel, Dervish and Shark reffered to them as demons but strictly speaking were they?  In dark calling there were the hostile aliens on Atlantic(plus pick up any newspaper and you’ll probably find out about an evil person on Earth.) The slug didn’t really seem that hostile itself, the creatures in it’s mouth were but it was pretty docile, even though it was too big for it to have been likely to notice them.
By Demon thief all that they knew about were demons, aliens in the human universe weren’t revealed before Dark Calling so that would explain why they were described as demons whether they were or not. However they were ocupying black squares in the board. In Dark Calling it was said that Demons were from white squares and humans/animals/non demonic aliens were from black squares. Or were they demons that Lord Loss put in the board after he stole it? Did he make the 64 zones as he wanted after taking it or was it always that way?
Just something I was thinking about, or was it never 100% confirmed about these creatures?

Posted: 07 November 2011 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2621
Joined  2011-07-17

Most likely they are just weird ass demons….

Signature 

BLOOD & MAGIG is all that I READ, all that I DRINK and all that I PRACTICE
Everyone’s destiny is wrote in a big story book, no matter how strong a person is pages CANNOT be torn from it…

Posted: 07 November 2011 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  45675
Joined  2011-07-11

i think they were demons, but they were different to the one’s they normally see. and about the 64 zones, thats how the world started, lord loss didn’t invent that, he liked the look of the original board and took it :)

Signature 

It’s the Demons in my head that Comfort me.

You will have good days and bad days. Don’t let one bad day turn into a bad month.

Posted: 08 November 2011 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2011-06-28

I knew that he didn’t invent the 64 zones but didn’t think that it was a unique board. It was the original board that the old creatures left on Earth but I thought they left one on every planet they visited. There was one in the water world. What I was asking about him inventing was the actual worlds inside the board he had, the world of guts, the maze and the rest or were they the worlds inside it when he stole it ad he couldn’t edit them the way he wanted?

Posted: 09 November 2011 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  45675
Joined  2011-07-11

oh i see what you mean. he could have invented them i suppose but i’m not really sure because i know it was a different type of board to normal one’s.

Signature 

It’s the Demons in my head that Comfort me.

You will have good days and bad days. Don’t let one bad day turn into a bad month.

Posted: 23 March 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  128
Joined  2012-02-18

huh?

Signature 

“In the beginning Grubbs created the Heavens and the Earth and everything was dark. Then Grubbs said ‘Let there be light.’ “

And there was light.

“Coolio!

DARREN SHAN IS AWSOME!!!