Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Darren Shan Messageboard

more darren shan saga movies!!!

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-01-07

PM

Haven - 10 October 2011 07:23 PM

No. If the first movie is any indication of what the others would be like, then we’re better off without it.

so right the first movie was a real let down
the cast, director and writer should have at least read the first book before insulting the series

Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2014-05-17

PM

I think there should be more films, BUT agree they ruined it. If they stuck to the books, it would be amazing. But they’ve ruined it for themselves. It’s the same as the Percey Jackson films. There won’t be any more of them because, like the CDF film, they characters are way older than they should be. But the Percy Jackson films kept to the plot, the CDF film didn’t even do that.

Signature

Over strands of red, Lord Loss crawls
Dispensing pain, despising all
Shuns friends, nurtures foes
Ravages hope, breeds woe
Drinks moons, devours suns
Twirls his thumb ‘till the reaper comes

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-12-24

PM

I haven’t seen the Vampire’s Assistant movie yet but, I want to, just to see how terrible it is, I watched the trailer before. I think it only shows up to the four books though. Even though it’s terrible and is nothing like the books, I would like to see how it ends, and to actually see people die in it because it seems like nobody dies in the movie and that’s one of the things that makes a it a horror genre because Cirque Du Freak is a horror book. If it were actually by the books, I would definitely watch it and would want there to be more movies about it. What’s funny is, the people who watch the movie and never read the books, would might like it and think it’s fine but the people sitting next to them, who read all the books, will get so frustrated at the movie because it’s not like the book. ( (SPOILER) Especially the monkey girl, who ” happens” to replace Debbie. SHE IS NOT SUPPOSED TO EXIST. You just can’t replace a character ,that is well known in the books, with a whole nother character. To me, that’s just not right. Sorry…... I rage because I care and I’m obsessed with the saga. :D

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 163

Joined 2015-09-20

PM

You also forgot about Mr. Kersey. He wasn’t supposed to exist, either. But Darren still got called an ass wipe, and Larten still killed Murlough, just like what happened in the books, and Annie still asked “What’s going on?” when Darren creeped up on her, and Darren replied “I was pretending to be a vampire”.

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-03-15

PM

BeckysMonsters - 09 November 2011 08:19 PM

I sent him a question on the question and news thing but he hasn’t replied to it. why don’t you ask him to and see if he replies :)

i did ask him ti write about vancha’s life like what he had done for larten but he said he’s not planing to wright about the saga of darren shan any time soon. so he wouldn’t wright about steve’s life. too bad

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-03-15

PM

the movie was just awful . they had chenged the charectars and the whole story. darren hadn’t seen tiny after the show in cirque .the little persons should always have a musk. larten wasn’t in love with troska. darren and steve werent that much old they only had 12 years when they had visited the cirque for the first time. darren’s parents never understod the truth about derren. and who was that girl? she even doesn’t exist in the books let alone being one of the main charectars. i think they should at least have read the books for one time . i really feel sorry for them