Username Remember Me? Password   forgot password?

becomming a writter
Posted: 21 August 2011 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2011-08-21

i am thinking about becoming a writer and I’ve already started my first book but i don’t know what to call it could anyone help me. just to help you here’s what it’s about:

it’s about a teenage wolf who’s stepmother was murdered by here step-dad Mickey, now Lila is on the run with her little brother GRUBS ,she finds her older brother Derek and just found out here ex-(DEAD)boyfriend is alive and Morgan-ville is run by vampires

by a big fan

Signature 

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.
Oscar Wilde

Posted: 21 August 2011 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  851
Joined  2010-05-29

You have a character called Grubs? Make sure you aren’t copying Darren Shan too much!!

Possible Names…

Morgan-Ville - Just the town name is pretty cool. Or you could add Vampires to the end: Morgan-Ville Vampires

Or go with something with Blood or Wolf in the title, but that can be kinda cliche :\.

Signature 

Do what you like, like what you do.

Posted: 23 August 2011 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2011-08-21

:-) thanks sam for the help but i’m still not sure what to call it.
i started another book and it’s linked with the first one and i’ve got the basic story line in my head but i don’t know how to write it down or what to call it this is what it’s about:

bethany summers knows’ she’s not an ordanary girl, but when her friends come to learn what she really is. Now that there school is sourounded by vampires that want to take her back to Morgan-vile with her friends. when she gets there she knows’ where to go, the gothic mansion hey call the glass house.

Image Attachments
smiley face thumbs up.bmp
 Signature 

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.
Oscar Wilde

Posted: 23 August 2011 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  593
Joined  2010-04-30

You seem to have a lot of influences… You are using character names from Darren Shan and there is a book called Glass Houses by Rachel Caine which is set in a place called Morganville. I would be careful you aren’t inadvertently using other people’s ideas.

Signature 

Long term reader since release in 2000.
Forum user since the Starboard launch in March 2001.

Moderator since December 2004
Here to keep the peace.

Posted: 25 August 2011 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  255
Joined  2011-07-11

Take a look at my website, to see how I have approached the subject of writing stories for children (and adults). http://www.crazymadwriter.com

Image Attachments
Alice on Top of the World front cover.jpgcrazymad car sticker 1.jpgtwo crazy eyes.jpg
 Signature 

I am The Crazymad Writer - ARRRGH.
http://thecrazymadwriter.com/