Steven King

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 316

Joined 2010-05-27

PM

Got the idea for this topic off a chat that was going on in the General discussion topic! So how many of you read Steven king, and if you do which is your favourite book/books? Personaly I love King, and my all time favourite book would prob be IT, Salems lot. Or the dark tower series.

Signature

‘‘I am the vampire lord! I am the king of the undead! I will suck the blood from all of you!-Darren Shan-Cirque du Freak

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 193

Joined 2010-05-29

PM

haha we were chating about that…........hopefully starting tonight

Signature

Take me away from all this death! - Mina Harker (Dracula)

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-27

PM

haha yeah we were. Make sure you let me know how you get on :)

Signature

‘‘I am the vampire lord! I am the king of the undead! I will suck the blood from all of you!-Darren Shan-Cirque du Freak

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-29

PM

haha i will

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2010-05-21

PM

my favorite are Dreamcatcher and The Stand

Signature

“Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none”- William Shakespeare

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-29

PM

i have both of those :lol:

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-29

PM

Elphaba - 31 May 2010 10:29 PM

Hopefully starting tonight

Anyone have any ideas on what I should start with, please share :P

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 612

Joined 2010-05-06

PM

The Stand, because it has a very interesting plot.
The Dark Tower series, although long, is really good.
‘Salem’s Lot, if you like reading about vampires.
Pet Semetary, which is his scariest book yet.

I would also recommend It, Needful Things, The Green Mile, Carrie, The Talisman, From A Buick 8, Cujo, and The Shining.

If you like short stories more, read Night Shift, Four Past Midnight, and Stephen King Goes to the Movies, which are the story versions of six his films.

Signature

There is only one god, and his name is Death. And there is only thing we say to Death: Not today.

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2010-05-31

PM

I’ve only read Duma Key by Stephen King, which I really enjoyed.  I might have to buy all of his novels at osme stage (isn’t that right deon xD)

Some of his works arent great apparently, because he reached his sort of publishing limit on a lot of occasions and published under different names, and that may mean a but of rushing on his part, but I’ll have to read them to tell :)

So yeh, I quite like King from what I’ve read.

Signature

“Wir werden alle kriechen müssen, wie Schnecken, blind, um ein leeres Zentrum herum, um den großen Satan herum, um Amerika.  Wir werden alle ertrinken, in einem schaumigen Meer aus Corn Flakes, Cola und aufgesetzter Höflichkeit.”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-27

PM

Martin - 01 June 2010 10:12 AM

I’ve only read Duma Key by Stephen King, which I really enjoyed.  I might have to buy all of his novels at osme stage (isn’t that right deon xD)

Some of his works arent great apparently, because he reached his sort of publishing limit on a lot of occasions and published under different names, and that may mean a but of rushing on his part, but I’ll have to read them to tell :)

So yeh, I quite like King from what I’ve read.

He wrote under a diff name to see how hard it was for a new author to rise up in the publishing industry, Which I thoguht was a really clever idea haha.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 612

Joined 2010-05-06

PM

Nothing wrong with publishing books under a pseudonym. And he hasn’t rushed on all his books. The Dark Tower series took thirty years to be completed.

Signature

There is only one god, and his name is Death. And there is only thing we say to Death: Not today.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 1251

Joined 2010-04-29

PM

I wouldn’t want to say, according to wiki his first published book was Carrie in ‘74 but from reading his short story forewords I know he wrote short stories for magazines quite a while before then.
His short stories are amazing, the best thing is as I re read them as I get older more and more becomes clear to me in the books. I mean, theres some I still don’t fully understand but I just love the mystery! I love short story anthologies but unfortunately they seem to be a dying breed, Stephen King keeps releasing some and they’re brilliant but I miss the horror anthologies I used to read as a kid, they were so good for improving your vocab and even if they were difficult to read each story was short so it was never too taxing.

Signature

? Damon - There’s no such thing as a bad idea. Only poorly executed awesome ones.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-29

PM

I started a few nights ago with The Tommynockers so far it’s really good

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2010-05-19

PM

I want to read one of his books now. Which one do you guys really recommend?

Signature

BaNaNnA cRaZy XD

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2010-05-22

PM

only ever read salems lot cause ive always been subconsciously obsessed with vampires but it was friggin savage

Signature

“It’s a sheeping bag”

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2010-05-29

PM

Well I have only started on the Tommyknockers but my dad says to read Misery or what i’m reading

Signature