The Only Limit Is Your Own Imagination

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 8548

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Valence’s eyes flickered down to Rei’s position as the wind shifted and the smoke violently buffeted away from them. Hopefully it would cover their scent, because if that thing smelled them now, Rei wouldn’t make it.
There was a sudden silence that Valence didn’t realise was lacking. It was the falling quiet of birds and life as it hid away. It rippled over the jungle, each tree seeming to fight to remain still even as the wind buffeted their boughs.
Rei was a fast climber, but not fast enough.

Trees shifted as two mountainous membranes, a deep red-pink against the sun (for the sake of description, think of seeing the torchlight through your hand). Mottled white leather rose, and it seemed the wings held position for an eternity before sweeping down in a broad arc. Valence’s hair was whipped back as the dragon was lifted above the treeline. Its mouth split open to reveal rows upon rows of jagged teeth and Valence’s ears burned as the familiar sonar was emitted from that flying devil’s throat. It was then that it tucked in its spindly legs, angled its wings and, on a convenient gust of hot wind, rose up to drop its vast shadow upon the two dwarfed people.

Valence was frozen with terror. She had to act now, get down to Rei and teleport them to the safety of her temple before the dragon attacked.
Wasn’t it beautiful? Pearly white leather was its underside, and each wing was at least as long as the dragon’s body itself. Rows of teeth curved inward toward its throat - it was obvious that if it snapped them up, even if they somehow avoided getting town to pieces immediately, they would not be escaping through the mouth. With its legs curled in toward the body, fitting neatly in light indents in the dragon’s belly for extra speed, it was nearly impossible to see the three toes on each foot, each one lined with rough sand-paper like skin which Valence knew from experience could strip skin from bone with a whisper. What was more, it was about the length of a school bus, yet light as a feather - if Valence had been even a little stronger, she could have lifted this huge mammal all on her own. This, what hovered above them for that brief second, poised for attack, was the peak of evolution, and there had never been - and never will be - another predator like it. Its long neck snaked down to bring its arrow-shaped head closer - though still way too far to see its tiny eyes - it opened its mouth again and the force of its sonar made Valence’s eyes blur. She had to get to Rei.

In a moment she was hanging beside him on the cliff face, and far above them the dragon screamed in frustration. Obviously, it remembered Valence from last time it killed her.
“We have to go,” she shouted with a trembling voice. “Hold onto me, I’m going to get us out of here.”

That was when the dragon angled itself at them, tucked in its wings and began its striking plummet down.

Signature

1 guacamole is equal to 6.0221415*10^23 guacas. Fact. Avocados constant.

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Total Posts: 3238

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

A dragon. What the hell. How could something like this even exist? Sure, his family had been blasted into smithereens by people he never even managed to see the faces of, he himself could do that if he really concentrated and recently he had met with a pink haired girl that could teleport. But a dragon? This was on a whole other level. It was impossible.
Rei grabbed onto Valence but saw the dragon dive from above. Acting purely by instinct, he grabbed Valence and started running.

Signature

‘‘We stop looking for monsters
Under the bed when we realize
They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

‘‘I’m the best there is at what I do’‘
-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

‘‘Check it out! It’s got wings!’‘
- Me

‘‘The design shows terrible taste’‘
-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
Because vengeance is mine’‘
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Valence grunted as she was scooped up but didn’t dare to wiggle free. She didn’t have time. They didn’t have time to run, to hide. There was nowhere for them to hide anyway. With a final half glance back at the rows and rows of teeth now just inches from their backs, Valence sent them off.

A slurp of air filling a sudden vacuum and then… green. And the distant screech of a dragon’s frustration. Valence dropped to the ground, heart pounding. She seemed to have teleported smoothly and had the headache to prove it. In fact, it felt like it was eating into the back of her eyeballs. Barely able to rise to her feet, she scanned the clearing in front of the temple - their temporary lil home - for Rei.
“Be safe, please please please be safe,” she breathed to herself as she forced her eyes to focus.

She could still hear the dragon’s roars in the distance, but knew that in this space they were safe’ nothing could penetrate the dome.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

It took a few moments for Rei to regain consciousness. As soon as his senses returned to him he abruptly turned to Valence, his face a mixture of anger and fear.
“A dragon?! What the f**** you didn’t tell me there were dragons here! Are you trying to get me killed or something?!”

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

‘‘Might controls everything. And without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself.’‘
- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

It took a second for Valence’s eyes to adjust and she blinked a couple times, vastly reassured by his yelling that Rei was in fact more than alive.
Barely restraining the frustration, not able to keep the edge from her voice, she turned away and began to march back to the temple doors as she spoke:
“I warned you, explained it all to you before we got there and before we began climbing that bloody cliff face. Or do you not remember? Are you so self-absorbed that you hear only what you want? I won’t let anything kill you. But,” and here she whirled back in his direction and, seeming to change her mind about controlling herself, teleported right up in his face so she only had to whisper. “Don’t think for a second - not a single moment - that you are indispensable. Your father was, but not you. Not yet. I will make you, but only if you trust me. I’m going to make mistakes, Rei,” she smirked, “and so will you. That’s why we’re here. To be better. So get over it and find yourself some food; we’re going back up that mountain after lunch.”

And, with that, Valence stormed off once again and disappeared into the temple’s confines.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Rei’s followed her out as his hands closed into fists feeling anger and frustration building up. He could feel something inside him burn, something angry, something powerful. Rei fell to his knees. Was it due to Valence’s words?
” Enough of your damn games! Of all the stupid!” He shouted, punching the ground with his fist.
Perhaps it was because of Valence’s threat?
“Ridiculous!” Another punch, this time stronger, crushing the ground beneath his fist. Maybe all of this rage he could feel was the result of it being bottled up inside him for years.
“Bull****!” This punch shook the ground. It was time to release his anger, Rei released a roar that would’ve frightened even the fiercest of animals and was engulfed in a flame like burst of golden light.
When it ended, he was on the ground panting. The wind that he had just generated had completely blown away all of the leaves from the trees nearby and his eyes had turned a bright blood red although they were already reverting back to their original color.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Valence had been tumbled back through the grass, head over heels, by his blast of anger. But when she sat up, it was with a mischievious grin, pink hair frizzled and in her face.
“That,” she squealed, “That, that, all of that is what you’ve got to learn to control. That right there is what we’ve been looking for! Now we know it’s there, do you think you could do it again?”

This was a sign; maybe he was indeed the one she needed to face the titan. The ultimate enemy. If Father Sky were a little more accommodating then it wouldn’t be a problem… but then, there’d be no universe left wherein problems could occur. Rei could be the solution. He could be, and excuse such a clichè, he could be The One.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Rei still panting on the ground looked at Valence, his eyes now completely back to their original color.
“I don’t know” he said.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

~1 year and a half later… relatively~

They were atop the mountain, watching the smoke curling from the forest below. They both knew the beast in those trees, both knew how quickly it would attack.
“We’ve been pretty compact in your training,” Valence said tersely, “But you’re ready for this. You got this. Totally.”
She gave her best reassuring smile. “Really. I won’t let you die. Are you ready?”

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

“Oh you don’t need to remind me of training” replied Rei. His physique had changed immensely during the last year and a half of hellish training. When he had first met Valence, he was barely more than skin and bones. Now his body resembled that of an ancient greek hero’s statue.
Rei looked down at the winged fire breathing monster and took a breath.
“Time to see the results of my training then.” Said Rei as he dropped from the mountain’s summit.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

Valence let loose a sharp whistle to catch the dragon’s attention, which was quickly diverted by the falling prey. With a satisfied gurgle, the gigantic white beast hissed before strenuously lifting itself from the forest floor.

Valence perched low against the rocks of the cliff’s edge, watching the battle unfurl. She knew she could be at Rei’s side in an instant,but that didn’t make her any less nervous.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

As Rei fell he began to think about how he was going to approach the battle. He had studied dragons prior to the fight thanks to the many texts Valence had provided him with and they all reported that dragons had incredibly resistant scales that served as much of a defensive purpose as they were offensive considering they could easily tear flesh. In a way he was dealing with an oversized, flying, fire breathing shark.
Exciting.
Soon the dragon was right beneath him, a ball of golden energy formed in Rei’s hand and with a throwing motion, multiple balls of energy flew in the air aimed towards the dragon. Once they connected however, they bounced in different directions. Those that that hit the ground exploded setting the grassy area in flames while the ones that bounced in the sky vanished in the distance.
Not good. Physical attacks weren’t going to affect it and neither were low level blasts.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

The dragon roared in annoyance and angled itself toward Rei, a deep rumble rising to send the whole creature to shivers. And, as it opened its maw, the deep orange glow in its throat was plain to see. That’s when the gout of scorching flame tumbled between its teeth to close the distance to the falling Rei.

Signature

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

PM

Uh oh.
With a swift movement Rei narrowly avoided the flames and stopped his fall and gained altitude again. That had been part of his training, by focusing the energy inside of him he could defy gravity and fly.
With the beast underneath him and the air still scorching hot after the dragon’s blast, Rei took a moment to access the situation until, he had an idea. He shot out a new volley of energy blasts that this time did not hit the dragon but instead surrounded it. Feeling the orbs of golden energy as part of himself, Rei detonated them all at once and hoped that the dragon would be harmed by the explosions.

Signature

They’re inside of us’‘
-Joker

-Wolverine

- Vergil Sparda

- Me

-Trish agreeing with me.

“To forgive is divine
Not as rewarding I find
- Alice Cooper

Rank
Rank
Rank
Rank

Joined 2013-01-16

PM

The dragon roared in pain and pulled its tattered wings in close to its body, leaving dark smears over its pearly scales. It wasn’t going to be flying anytime soon, but it was intelligent enough to come to its senses before Rei could launch his next attack. With a savage growl it targeted him, leaping into the air and releasing another blast of white-hot flame. Without flight, its only real attack at this point was with fire.
(Kill it with fire, right)
But if Rei was bold enough to come within range of those snapping jaws, he’d be more than just toast.

Signature